1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 16:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Given your answer ,I find it strange you were not more welcoming of my E.T. 101 thread. Any explanation?
    I'm not expecting to be 'saved.' The Buddha said, "work out your own salvation with diligence."
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 16:54
    One of my fears is that I wont disappear
    Disappear from what the Earth? I don't count that as a fear because everyone will die.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 16:55
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I'm not expecting to be 'saved.' The Buddha said, "work out your own salvation with diligence."
    Exactly. I'm not sure you read it correctly. I think they are along the same lines as the bhudda.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 16:56
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Disappear from what the Earth? I don't count that as a fear because everyone will die.
    I dont want to live in this body forever/The "I' is a hinderance to my 'awakening'.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:01
    I dont want to live in this body forever/The "I' is a hinderance to my 'awakening'.
    Well you will eventually after the Last Judgement, but not on Earth.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:04
    Well you will eventually after the Last Judgement, but not on Earth.
    Could be on Earth,why not? seems like a nice enough planet.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:05
    1. one of my fears is that it won't disappear.
    one of my fears is that you won't disappear.
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:07
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    one of my fears is that you won't disappear.
    We are using the word "disappear", and that doesn't really make sense, I won't just cease to exist, but I will die.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:09
    We are using the word "disappear", and that doesn't really make sense, I won't just cease to exist, but I will die.
    but I will die.

if you need help just let me know.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:31
    Originally posted by clearlight
    Ignorence.
    Brockenn spelchekir.
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 19:36
    You ARE your body. What you 'feel' as living is merely a group of constituent things that will all end. There is no 'my' awakening.

"Shariputra, all dharmas are empty of characteristics. They are not produced. Not destroyed, not defiled, not pure, and they neither increase nor diminish. Therefore, in emptiness there is no form, feeling, cognition, formation, or consciousness; no eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body, or mind; no sights, sounds, smells, tastes, objects of touch, or dharmas; no field of the eyes, up to and including no field of mind-consciousness; and no ignorance or ending of ignorance, up to and including no old age and death or ending of old age and death. There is no suffering, no accumulating, no extinction, no way, and no understanding and no attaining." - Heart Sutra
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 19:42
    You ARE your body. What you 'feel' as living is merely a group of constituent things that will all end. There is no 'my' awakening.

"Shariputra, all dharmas are empty of characteristics. They are not produced. Not destroyed, not defiled, not pure, and they neither increase nor diminish. Therefore, in emptiness there is no form, feeling, cognition, ...[text shortened]... ccumulating, no extinction, no way, and no understanding and no attaining." - Heart Sutra
    The after-life.
  13. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 19:50
    The after-life.
    The present.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 19:51
    The present.
    What present? A Christmas present? I want one! After you die you eventually go to Heaven or Hell.
  15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 20:12
    I fear an absence of change.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree