1. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 09:23
    Originally posted by Taoman
    You may not know his personal name; his honorific name otherwise is the Buddha, the Awakened One, the founder of Buddhism, and I would be surprised if you knew nothing about him.
    Very little. I didn't even know his real name!
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 11:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Very little. I didn't even know his real name!
    He is also known as the " Tathagata " or the one who has come back from " there ",meaning that he has realized the Universal Reality and has come back to guide the souls who have have not so realized the universal reality.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 12:05
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    He is also known as the " Tathagata " or the one who has come back from " there ",meaning that he has realized the Universal Reality and has come back to guide the souls who have have not so realized the universal reality.
    Of course we can never really know whether or not he ever did realize the Universal Reality. After all, he is the only one ever to get there.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 12:221 edit
    Of course we can never really know whether or not he ever did realize the Universal Reality. After all, he is the only one ever to get there.
    Siddhattha Gotama was a spiritual teacher from ancient India on whose teachings Buddhism was founded. In most Buddhist traditions, he is regarded as the Supreme Buddha of our age, "Buddha" meaning "awakened one" or "the enlightened one." The time of his birth and death are uncertain: most early 20th-century historians dated his lifetime as c. 563 BCE to 483 BCE, but more recent opinion dates his death to between 486 and 483 BCE or, according to some, between 411 and 400 BCE. By tradition, Gautama is said to have been born in the small state of Kapilavastu, in what is now Nepal, and later to have taught primarily throughout regions of eastern India such as Magadha and Kosala.

From Wikipedia.

Don't feel bad I didn't know anything about him either.
    He apparently is not an important person worldwide like Jesus the Christ.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 13:04
    Why so? Any no.of saints/prophets have realized God. They have explained to mankind how to go that way. If you do not want to believe these things,don't. But 1 hour ago you did not know anything about him. So,firstly read his thoughts and then think of discarding them as fiction.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 13:37
    Why so? Any no.of saints/prophets have realized God.
    And no two seem to agree on what that realization consists of. This God thing must be different depending on who realizes it.
    My reason for saying he was alone in his accomplishments had to do with the way he was described in this thread as "the enlightened one" not "an enlightened one".
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 13:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He apparently is not an important person worldwide like Jesus the Christ.
    Being well known, is not equivalent to being important.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 16:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He apparently is not an important person worldwide like Jesus the Zombie.
    Fixed.
  9. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 17:17
    And no two seem to agree on what that realization consists of. This God thing must be different depending on who realizes it.
    My reason for saying he was alone in his accomplishments had to do with the way he was described in this thread as "the enlightened one" not "an enlightened one".
    " This God thing " as you call it condescendingly,indeed appears different things to different people.God has permeated through and through this universe and beyond,and depending on where you stand and how you look,God will appear differently.Saints are no exception. I guess you are sitting on the ideological fence and may topple over to theism any time soon. I do hope that you too will realize God,one day!
  10. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 17:23
    " This God thing " as you call it condescendingly,indeed appears different things to different people.God has permeated through and through this universe and beyond,and depending on where you stand and how you look,God will appear differently.Saints are no exception. I guess you are sitting on the ideological fence and may topple over to theism any time soon. I do hope that you too will realize God,one day!
    So, that's a No on the space bar then.
  11. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 17:27
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    So, that's a No on the space bar then.
    Please clarify.
  12. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 17:29
    Please clarify.
    Nevermind.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 17:291 edit
    Please clarify.
    Can we have a space bar after a comma. eg-

Hi, my name is Proper Knob, i like playing with boobies.

instead of -

Hi,my name is Proper Knob,i like playing with boobies.

One is more easier to read do you not think?
  14. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 17:501 edit
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    Nevermind.
    Yes, you told me once.Give me time to improve and come up to the required standard of typing.There is no auto-correct facility available on my PC as I type on the RHP page or is it ? The MS Word programme available on this machine does have that facility, but I type directly onto the space left here on RHP web page instead of first creating an MS Word file and then do the copy-pasting.
    Thanks also to proper knob! So your nob is habitually on the boobies? Great!
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 17:53
    Yes, you told me once.Give me time to improve and come up to the required standard of typing.There is no auto-correct facility available on my PC as I type on the RHP page or is it ? The MS Word programme available on this machine does have that facility, but I type directly onto the space left here on RHP web page instead of first creating an MS Word fil ...[text shortened]... the copy-pasting.
    Thanks also to proper knob! So your nob is habitually on the boobies? Great!
    So your nob is habitually on the boobies? Great!

I can but dream. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree