1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 01:44
    Let's face it. We all know we are guilty of an offence of some kind, no matter how great or small. The Bible calls it sin. Why not come clean and admit you are a sinner?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 01:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    Let's face it. We all know we are guilty of an offence of some kind, no matter how great or small. The Bible calls it sin. Why not come clean and admit you are a sinner?
    Is it possible for a dog to sin?
  3. USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 01:48
    Because people are intimidated to repent, most of us believe our sins are "unforgivable" they don't believe in jesus or that God will forgive them, the only sin they then would commit was not believing the word of Jesus Christ.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 01:52
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Is it possible for a dog to sin?
    I don't think so. I don't believe animals have the capacity to make a willful choice to rebel against God.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 01:54
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Because people are intimidated to repent, most of us believe our sins are "unforgivable" they don't believe in jesus or that God will forgive them, the only sin they then would commit was not believing the word of Jesus Christ.
    And if they fail to believe the word of Christ won't they then be held accountable for every sin?
  6. USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 02:01
    And if they fail to believe the word of Christ won't they then be held accountable for every sin?
    probably yes, although I'm not sure...
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 02:02
    I don't think so. I don't believe animals have the capacity to make a willful choice to rebel against God.
    I take my pack of dogs out to the state park about every day and there is an elderly gentleman that I run in to who is quite fond of my dogs. He was telling me that dogs are so far superior in how they treat humans compared to people and how we treat each other. He told me a story of a man he knew who had an old dog that he took out to the woods and shot it in the head. The man went back to his house and sat on his porch grieving what he had to do. A couple of hours later the dog gravely wounded came back and layed down next to the man. This is a "God moment" if you ask me.
  8. USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 02:05
    I take my pack of dogs out to the state park about every day and there is an elderly gentleman that I run in to who is quite fond of my dogs. He was telling me that dogs are so far superior in how they treat humans compared to people and how we treat each other. He told me a story of a man he knew who had an old dog that he took out to the woods and sho ...[text shortened]... avely wounded came back and layed down next to the man. This is a "God moment" if you ask me.
    *sobbing uncontrolably*:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 02:19
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    *sobbing uncontrolably*:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    I rest my case. A dog shot in the head bringing someone to Jesus.
  10. USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 02:20
    I rest my case. A dog shot in the head bringing someone to Jesus.
    what case?
  11. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 04:13
    But if that's your definition of sin -- a willful choice to rebel against God, then people who are atheists don't sin by definition because they don't believe in God and therefore are not rebelling but simply making choices that have nothing to do with God.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 21:20
    The way most people on here use it, 'sin' is just a word without a referent. Quit wasting people's time insisting that they recognize some depraved nature within.
  13. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 21:27
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    The way most people on here use it, 'sin' is just a word without a referent. Quit wasting people's time insisting that they recognize some depraved nature within.
    You're right, a person cannot recognize the true heinousness of their sin unless the Holy Spirit reveals it to them.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 21:39
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    You're right, a person cannot recognize the true heinousness of their sin unless the Holy Spirit reveals it to them.
    Ah, that's sweet. What a helpful Holy Spirit.
  15. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 22:01
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Ah, that's sweet. What a helpful Holy Spirit.
    I know you are being facetious, but what you said is actually quite accurate. The presence of the Holy Spirit is sweet. Also, Jesus did refer to Him as the 'Helper'. You are (literally) right on both accounts.

If God is a Spirit, and God is love, then the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Love. If a person allows Him to, the Holy Spirit is able to convict the heart of sin and lead a person to repentance.

In light of eternity, revealing the true heinousness of one's sin, if it leads to repentance, is sweet indeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree