1. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110912
    09 Apr '16 17:211 edit
    Why is it that American Christians insist homosexuals must stop their buggering because of STD risk/deaths, yet insist on everyone keeping a small armory of guns despite all the shootings?
  2. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    09 Apr '16 17:49
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Why is it that American Christians insist homosexuals must stop their buggering because of STD risk/deaths, yet insist on everyone keeping a small armory of guns despite all the shootings?
    I don't know that most American Christians wish to see a totalitarian world in which the secrets of the bedroomReveal Hidden Content
    the bathroom, the living room, the couch
    become beholden to public review and/or acceptance.
    The underlying issue, in my view, is that the populace in general ought to be able to make up their own minds collectively for what will be considered acceptable behavior.
    What people do in the privacy of their homes is not the issue.
    That those private activities have become the focal point of acceptable behavior is, in some views, unacceptable.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93531
    09 Apr '16 17:52
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I don't know that most American Christians wish to see a totalitarian world in which the secrets of the bedroom[hidden]the bathroom, the living room, the couch[/hidden] become beholden to public review and/or acceptance.
    The underlying issue, in my view, is that the populace in general ought to be able to make up their own minds collectively for what will ...[text shortened]... e activities have become the focal point of acceptable behavior is, in some views, unacceptable.
    what do you mean by 'focal point of acceptable behavior'?
  4. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    09 Apr '16 18:20
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what do you mean by 'focal point of acceptable behavior'?
    That how one conducts oneself in private is the measure of one's status in the community.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    09 Apr '16 23:18
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That how one conducts oneself in private is the measure of one's status in the community.
    how so?
  6. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    09 Apr '16 23:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    how so?
    How so, what?
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Apr '16 00:16
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    How so, what?
    As a matter of interest, does the way your homosexual friends conduct themselves in private affect your measure of their status in the community?
  8. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    10 Apr '16 01:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    As a matter of interest, does the way your homosexual friends conduct themselves in private affect your measure of their status in the community?
    One, I don't know (nor do I want to know) what they (or anyone else, for that matter) do/does in the privacy of their own homes.
    Two, if they're getting any type of solace in this life, I'm in support.
    Three, what I consider the 'musts' of life among other people is probably pretty close to what others consider in the same light, i.e., live a quiet life of peace with as many people as possible and all that entails.
    Four, I only hate the Irish.
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Apr '16 01:07
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    One, I don't know (nor do I want to know) what they (or anyone else, for that matter) do/does in the privacy of their own homes.
    Two, if they're getting any type of solace in this life, I'm in support.
    Three, what I consider the 'musts' of life among other people is probably pretty close to what others consider in the same light, i.e., live a quiet life of peace with as many people as possible and all that entails.
    Four, I only hate the Irish.
    So for you, personally, a person's homosexuality is not a measure of their status in the community?
  10. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    10 Apr '16 01:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    So for you, personally, a person's homosexuality is not a measure of their status in the community?
    Are they Irish?
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Apr '16 01:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Are they Irish?
    It's a genuine question. Philosophically speaking, and perhaps an active citizen, are you sympathetic to efforts to mitigate any prejudice or judgmentalism - by which I mean attitudes that might have a detrimental effect on homosexuals' 'status in the community' - arising from what they do in the privacy of their own homes?
  12. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    10 Apr '16 01:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's a genuine question. Philosophically speaking, and perhaps an active citizen, are you sympathetic to efforts to mitigate any prejudice or judgmentalism - by which I mean attitudes that might have a detrimental effect on homosexuals' 'status in the community' - arising from what they do in the privacy of their own homes?
    I genuinely couldn't care less what people do under their own wills.
    I simply consider it an unacceptable affront to privacy (and personal morality) to bestow status of any kind upon a person or group of people on the basis of what they do in private.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    10 Apr '16 01:54
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Why is it that American Christians insist homosexuals must stop their buggering because of STD risk/deaths, yet insist on everyone keeping a small armory of guns despite all the shootings?
    I know, right? Go figure.

    BTW, I'm not sufficiently convinced this is solely a 'Christian' thing. More of a 'redneck' thing. And by 'redneck', I mean uneducated, politically conservative Americans who don't mind their party bosses keeping them under their thumb with their platform politics.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Apr '16 01:592 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I genuinely couldn't care less what people do under their own wills.
    I simply consider it an unacceptable affront to privacy (and personal morality) to bestow status of any kind upon a person or group of people on the basis of what they do in private.
    Yes, I get that you are saying you don't care about what people do in private. And I am not asking about the bestowing of some enhanced status on homosexuals on account of their private sexual activities. If you look again, you'll see I have not been asking you about those things.

    Instead, I am asking you if you are the sort of person who would speak in defence of homosexuals' privacy and their right to live a quiet life of peace when you encounter fellow community members who seek to publicly degrade or defame the status of homosexuals in the community on the basis of what those homosexuals do in private?
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Apr '16 02:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I mean uneducated, politically conservative Americans who don't mind their party bosses keeping them under their thumb with their platform politics.
    I have met plenty of educated conservative Americans who fiercely defend their right to own guns and who disapprove of homosexuality. Haven't you?
Back to Top