1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 02:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have met plenty of educated conservative Americans who fiercely defend their right to own guns and who disapprove of homosexuality. Haven't you?
    Usually the educated ones ARE the "party bosses".
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 02:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Usually the educated ones ARE the "party bosses".
    I have met numerous ordinary educated conservative Americans who were not "party bosses" and who 'liked guns' and 'disliked homosexuals'. Are you saying that you haven't?
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 02:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, I get that you are saying you don't care about what people do in private. And I am not asking about the bestowing of some enhanced status on homosexuals on account of their private sexual activities. If you look again, you'll see I have not been asking you about those things.

Instead, I am asking you if you are the sort of person who would speak in defe ...[text shortened]... the status of homosexuals in the community on the basis of what those homosexuals do in private?
    Are you asking me if I go to where ever the picketers are and confront them on one man's right to put his penis into another man's anus?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 03:021 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Are you asking me if I go to where ever the picketers are and confront them on one man's right to put his penis into another man's anus?
    No, not really. What I am curious about is whether you actually do or say anything related to your views on the privacy of others, like for example when you encounter prejudice and discrimination on the part of people in your community who most certainly do want to undermine the status of others - and seek to do so publicly, and do so when talking to you - and are actively engaged in this because of what homosexuals do in private.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 05:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I know, right? Go figure.

BTW, I'm not sufficiently convinced this is solely a 'Christian' thing. More of a 'redneck' thing. And by 'redneck', I mean uneducated, politically conservative Americans who don't mind their party bosses keeping them under their thumb with their platform politics.
    It's not solely a Christian thing, but there is a large group of vocal Christians that hold both views. Most of my family thinks this way.

"Christian" is supposed to mean "follower of Christ". Yet what did Christ say to the disciple who used a weapon on his behalf? "Put down your sword." And he healed the man wounded by that disciple.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 22:061 edit
    How so, what?
    How so does it follow that what you said in your above post relates to .... ahh forget it.

You're intelligent enough to understand
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 15:13
    One, I don't know (nor do I want to know) what they (or anyone else, for that matter) do/does in the privacy of their own homes.
    Two, if they're getting any type of solace in this life, I'm in support.
    Three, what I consider the 'musts' of life among other people is probably pretty close to what others consider in the same light, i.e., live a quiet life of peace with as many people as possible and all that entails.
    Four, I only hate the Irish.
    What made you hate the Irish? I have 4 Irish grandparents so I guess you must hate me sight unseen.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 15:331 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What made you hate the Irish? I have 4 Irish grandparents so I guess you must hate me sight unseen.
    Freaky no more hates the Irish than he believes the Earth is flat. He is merely a practitioner of 'hand-grenade humour.'

Indeed, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was in fact an Irish astronaut.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 19:29
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Freaky no more hates the Irish than he believes the Earth is flat. He is merely a practitioner of 'hand-grenade humour.'

Indeed, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was in fact an Irish astronaut.
    Did you hear about the proposed Irish manned mission to the sun?
    Mission Control in Dublin were asked what they proposed to do about solar radiation.
    They replied;
    "Don't be daft - we'll be going at night."
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 19:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

An Irish asstronaught
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 19:551 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Why is it that American Christians insist homosexuals must stop their buggering because of STD risk/deaths, yet insist on everyone keeping a small armory of guns despite all the shootings?
    When have any Christians insisted that gays stop having sex?

I can't think of any.

Conversely, I don't favor giving gun owners special rights others don't have who are not gun owners.

If people want to go around killing themselves with whatever "gun" they wish to use they are free to do so.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 20:57
    An Irish asstronaught
    I see what you did there.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 17:56
    An Irish asstronaught
    Does the "gh" not detract from the impact of your pun?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 18:011 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Does the "gh" not detract from the impact of your pun?
    He may have been thinking of the anglicized "Connaught"...?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree