Hands that Serve ..

Hands that Serve ..

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Feb 18
1 edit

Hands that Serve are Holier than the Lips that Pray / Service to Man = Service to God... and other proverbs of this type, have their roots in the teachings of all religions. Jesus Christ stressed the critical importance of good works and service to others, summarized in the commandment to love your neighbour.

This thread is an offshoot from the 'Belief in ones Heart', thread in which several Christians offered their version of what that means. Some Christians said it means, believe in Christ, read the bible, pray to God, have communication with God. Some Christians added to that list obedience to God as part of the believing process.

I suggest that the man whose heart is right with God is the man who is obedient to God and whose hands are used to serve others rather than praying only.

I will post references from the Bible which support this view.

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
I suggest that the man whose heart is right with God is the man who is obedient to God and whose hands are used to serve others rather than praying only.
I don’t disagree with this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

Hands that Serve are Holier than the Lips that Pray / Service to Man = Service to God... and other proverbs of this type, have their roots in the teachings of all religions. Jesus Christ stressed the importance of good works and service to others, summarized in the commandment to love your neighbour.

This thread is an offshoot from the 'Belief in ones H ...[text shortened]... hers rather than praying only.

I will post references from the Bible which support this view.
<<This thread is an offshoot from the 'Belief in ones Heart', thread in which several Christians offered their version of what that means. Some Christians said it means, believe in Christ, read the bible, pray to God, have communication with God. Some Christians added to that list obedience to God as part of the believing process.>>

Obedience to Christ is evidence that one’s acceptance of Christ via John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 was sincere and genuine.

Continuing to willfully sin is evidence it was not sincere and genuine.

One becomes obedient to Christ not through his or her carnal efforts, but through God’s Holy Spirit which indwells every believer at the moment he or she believes in Christ and accepts Him.

If men and women could be obedient to Christ on their own (without God’s indwelt Holy Spirit,) why did the Jews continually sacrifice animals to atone for their sins? Why did God establish this sacrificial system if He expected people to “keep the law” on their own?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I don’t either.

rajk seems convinced that salvation by faith only Christians believe that one can accept Christ, obtain salvation and then live it up and sin like crazy, no matter how many times I’ve said anyone who does that did not sincerely believe in and accept Christ in the first place because God’s Holy Spirit would have started to change their hearts.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Feb 18

Cool.

Hands that serve + Lips that Pray = Perfection

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
I don’t either.

rajk seems convinced that salvation by faith only Christians believe that one can accept Christ, obtain salvation and then live it up and sin like crazy, no matter how many times I’ve said anyone who does that did not sincerely believe in and accept Christ in the first place because God’s Holy Spirit would have started to change their hearts.
I dont think anyone is interested in what you say .. certainly not me. People are interested in what Jesus and the Apostles said pertaining to eternal life.

Moves
19 Feb 18

Cool.

Hands that serve + Lips that Pray = Perfection
I'm looking to you for example, don't let me down 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Feb 18

I'm looking to you for example, don't let me down 😉
OK 🙂 ... In case I fail, look to Christ and the Apostles for example.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

I dont think anyone is interested in what you say .. certainly not me. People are interested in what Jesus and the Apostles said pertaining to eternal life.
What I’ve said *is* what Jesus and the Apostles said. Who do you think wrote John 3:16 in the Gospel of John? Who do you think wrote Romans 10:9 and the book of Romans as a whole? Who do you think wrote the book of Galatians? What I’ve written is based on the Bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

Yes, let’s all look to rajk instead of Jesus Christ as an example of how to behave.

Good grief.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Feb 18
2 edits

What I’ve said *is* what Jesus and the Apostles said. Who do you think wrote John 3:16 in the Gospel of John? Who do you think wrote Romans 10:9 and the book of Romans as a whole? Who do you think wrote the book of Galatians? What I’ve written is based on the Bible.
Actually the 'truth' that you believe is pieces of the Bible. Both John and Jesus clarified or rather amplified the meaning of the expression 'to believe', and you ignore this clarification.

Paul in Galatians said this as well to Christian Saints who have the Holy Spirit:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)

If it was understood that like what you are saying, that these Saints cannot lose their salvation then Paul would not say these things to Saints. But the truth is that Saints can and will be cast out of Gods Kingdom if their do not live righteously.

So the truth and the whole story is that some Christians will be welcomed into the Kingdom of God and there are some born again Chrsitians who will be cast out of the Kingdom. Jesus will judge them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

Actually the truth is what you believe is pieces of the Bible. Both John and Jesus clarified or rather amplified the meaning of the expression 'to believe', and you ignore this clarification.

Paul in Galatians said this as well to Christian Saints who have the Holy Spirit:

[i]Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornicat ...[text shortened]... there are some born again Chrsitians who will be cast out of the Kingdom. Jesus will judge them.
We’ve already gone over this countless times but you either don’t comprehend it or refuse to acknowledge your error.

And you just got through insulting me by saying you don’t care what I think and yet you’re responding to one of my posts.

Set aside your enormous ego and carnal mind and realize your “good works” don’t amount to a hill of beans if you haven’t sincerely accepted Christ into your heart and if you don’t have God’s Holy Spirit indwelling you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Feb 18
1 edit

We’ve already gone over this countless times but you either don’t comprehend it or refuse to acknowledge your error.

And you just got through insulting me by saying you don’t care what I think and yet you’re responding to one of my posts.

Set aside your enormous ego and carnal mind and realize your “good works” don’t amount to a hill of beans if yo ...[text shortened]... incerely accepted Christ into your heart and if you don’t have God’s Holy Spirit indwelling you.
None of that is in the Bible. Jesus disagrees with you:

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29 KJV)

Good works = eternal life
Evil = damnation.

Good works for YOU does not amount to a hill of beans.

Moves
19 Feb 18

I prefer a contemporary witness 😵

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

None of that is in the Bible. Jesus disagrees with you:

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; [b]they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life
; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29 KJV)

Good works = eternal life
Evil = damnation.

Good works for YOU does not amount to a hill of beans.[/b]
Read the entirety of John chapter 5.