1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 01:25
    Originally posted by duecer
    At what cost you ask?

Luke 14:The Cost of Being a Disciple
    25Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. 27And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot ...[text shortened]... n freedom becomes a false God, and you are worshiping that false God...good luck with that
    I am ready, willing, and able to forego anything this life has to offer for the sake of knowing Christ.

But you are comparing apples with oranges.

My faith is not in question. What is in question is whether or not we are going to role over and let a bunch of elists shread the constitution in order to siese power.

And that is just what they are doing.
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 01:421 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I am ready, willing, and able to forego anything this life has to offer for the sake of knowing Christ.

But you are comparing apples with oranges.

My faith is not in question. What is in question is whether or not we are going to role over and let a bunch of elists shread the constitution in order to siese power.

And that is just what they are doing.
    no I am comparing apples to apples. "By their fruits you shall know them". you talk the talk but you don't walk the walk. our faith is supposed to spill over into our life decisions. If there is no love and and compassion spilling from your heart, then Christ must not be in there...I pity you
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 01:46
    [b]"Government is us."

Ya, it used to be that way here, but as of 11pm this evening we now have unique group of elitist, 219 to be exact, who don't think so.[/b]
    the majority voted and won, you are a sore loser. Most Americans are in favor of health care reform, and the new law isn't 100% but its a good start. Turn off fox news and start reading about what the new law is REALLY about.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 02:03
    no I am comparing apples to apples. "By their fruits you shall know them". you talk the talk but you don't walk the walk. our faith is supposed to spill over into our life decisions. If there is no love and and compassion spilling from your heart, then Christ must not be in there...I pity you
    Judge not.

You don't know me friend. I do have compassion. For the helpless victims of abortion for example. Not for those who promote it.

I would imagine that the pharisees spoke the same way about Jesus when He lambasted them for their hypocrisy.

I pity you for not knowing how to balance your compassion with justice and truth. We are commanded to expose the unfruitful works of darkness. If those who promote darkness can't stand the light of truth, then that's just too bad.

It has nothing to do with compassion.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 02:06
    the majority voted and won, you are a sore loser. Most Americans are in favor of health care reform, and the new law isn't 100% but its a good start. Turn off fox news and start reading about what the new law is REALLY about.
    They were deceived by Obama's lies.

The current agenda of the Obama administration was not what he promised.

The majority of Americans now say "NO" to what Obama and the democrats are forcing on America.
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 02:08
    They were deceived by Obama's lies.

The current agenda of the Obama administration was not what he promised.

The majority of Americans now say "NO" to what Obama and the democrats are forcing on America.
    blaa blaa blaa! concern yourself with the affairs of God's kingdom, not of the world
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 02:09
    Judge not.

You don't know me friend. I do have compassion. For the helpless victims of abortion for example. Not for those who promote it.

I would imagine that the pharisees spoke the same way about Jesus when He lambasted them for their hypocrisy.

I pity you for not knowing how to balance your compassion with justice and truth. We are commanded to ...[text shortened]... stand the light of truth, then that's just too bad.

It has nothing to do with compassion.
    givng health insuerance to the working poor is an unfruitful work of darkness? puleaze🙄
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 02:23
    blaa blaa blaa! concern yourself with the affairs of God's kingdom, not of the world
    I'll concern myself with whatever I see fit.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 02:26
    givng health insuerance to the working poor is an unfruitful work of darkness? puleaze🙄
    Forcing Americans to pay for mandated health insurance policies is.

Man, are you stupid?
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 12:08
    I'll concern myself with whatever I see fit.
    every knee shall bow and every tongue confess this Jesus is Lord....not Rush Limpballs. Your pride and arrogance is astounding in one who says he is a Christian.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 12:09
    Forcing Americans to pay for mandated health insurance policies is.

Man, are you stupid?
    first, you know knothig about the bill because your republican masters have not told you the truth about it.

second, why is helping the working poor evil?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 12:35
    every knee shall bow and every tongue confess this Jesus is Lord....not Rush Limpballs. Your pride and arrogance is astounding in one who says he is a Christian.
    You quote the scripture as if you believe it.

You don't know what pride and arrogance is. You only say that because you have no argument. Like any good liberal you follow like sheep whatever the democrats say. They say the health care bill will help the poor. Bullsh t.

When the whole thing fails and puts this country so far in debt our grandchildren can't pay for it, people like you will still think it's working. You're delusional.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 12:39
    first, you know knothig about the bill because your republican masters have not told you the truth about it.

"second, why is helping the working poor evil?"

Look! Why don't you pay attention to what you're saying?

Nobody said that helping the poor was evil. Do you understand? Nobody ever said that.

The idea just sort of popped into your head, right?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 13:501 edit

Apparently you've been hitting the medicinal bong a tad too much. Do you have any idea what is in the bill? If so, you know more than any of the folks who voted for it--- it was passed without review.

And don't you think it odd that while some democrats voted against it, not a single republican voted in the affirmative? I think that odd, given that it represents such a sweeping, profound and impacting piece of legislation/boondoggle, on par with Social Security, Civil Rights Act and etc.. One would think that such a bold and far-reaching act of government would be more consensual. For it to be voted in on a Sunday and pass only as a result of opportunistic party bullying is, in my opinion, cause for great alarm. Thankfully, we still have the somewhat operational courts left.

Our constitution (you are American, right?) informs our citizenry of the limited powers which we have bestowed upon the governing bodies. "General welfare" was not intended to mean what it has been since twisted into in the ensuing years.

You may as well be asking "why is loving your spouse evil?" We did not empower the government to enforce charity, love or any other fruit of a healthy spiritual life. Doing so brings out just the opposite. Wisely, our founding fathers left the government small enough and weak enough for its citizens to remain in control of their own lives, not the other way around.

Unfortunately, in our demands for security (false though it may be), we have opted to give that power back to the government. The results thus far have been disastrous, but it looks as though our previous failures were merely drops in the bucket of our own demise.
  15. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 17:091 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]first, you know knothig about the bill because your republican masters have not told you the truth about it.
    Apparently you've been hitting the medicinal bong a tad too much. Do you have any idea what is in the bill? If so, you know more than any of the folks who voted for it--- it was passed without review.

And don't you think it odd that w t looks as though our previous failures were merely drops in the bucket of our own demise.[/b]
    the democrats that voted against it (many any way) did so because there was no public option included, which would have moved the bill further left, issue #1 debunked

"General Welfare"...hmmmm... seems to me health care promtoes just that, issue #2 debunked

Next?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree