1. Maryland
    Moves
    04 May '17 15:39
    If you are happy that Jesus was crucified to forgive your sins (or for any other reason), you have not given the matter serious thought. Had you been there when Jesus was crucified, would you have done everything you could to prevent it, or would you have gone along with it to be forgiven for your sins so you could go to heaven?
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 16:02
    Happy about it, grateful for it, probably would have done everything I could to prevent it at the time, not knowing what we know now. Good thing I wasn't around to stop it.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 21:17
    Originally posted by 667joe
    If you are happy that Jesus was crucified to forgive your sins (or for any other reason), you have not given the matter serious thought. Had you been there when Jesus was crucified, would you have done everything you could to prevent it, or would you have gone along with it to be forgiven for your sins so you could go to heaven?
    If God decided that Jesus was to die in the fashion that He did, nobody could prevent it.

Being happy or not would be irrelevant.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 May '17 21:27
    Originally posted by chaney3
    If God decided that Jesus was to die in the fashion that He did, nobody could prevent it.

Being happy or not would be irrelevant.
    "nobody could prevent"

Oh that's right , you Christians are all meek and weak and follow whatever "godidit" argument going around without question.

Joe brings out another curiosity and inconsistency about Christianity
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 21:34
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "nobody could prevent"

Oh that's right , you Christians are all meek and weak and follow whatever "godidit" argument going around without question.

The first word of my previous post was.......if. Did you see that? Before your ridiculous post?

And 'if' God deemed it necessary for Jesus to be crucified, then yes, it could not be stopped.

Period.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 May '17 21:52
    The first word of my previous post was.......if. Did you see that? Before your ridiculous post?

And 'if' God deemed it necessary for Jesus to be crucified, then yes, it could not be stopped.

Period.
    Sure thing. Go get me a beer or something will you.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 21:57
    Sure thing. Go get me a beer or something will you.
    Sober evening, thank you.

Back to the topic, if you believed in God, do you think it's possible to prevent something He has decided needed to happen?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 May '17 22:13
    Sober evening, thank you.

Back to the topic, if you believed in God, do you think it's possible to prevent something He has decided needed to happen?
    Yes. But the will of "god" is usually the best way... and It wills us to take control more, get along with each other more, stop hating on others. Do that and you wont need to go outside Her will.

But please, that beer? Your are subservient after all are you not?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 22:18
    Yes. But the will of "god" is usually the best way... and It wills us to take control more, get along with each other more, stop hating on others. Do that and you wont need to go outside Her will.

But please, that beer? Your are subservient after all are you not?
    "Her" will?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 May '17 22:281 edit
    "Her" will?
    Ah yeah...
    I also referred to her as "It".
    I don't believe in any version of god as expressed by any Christian ideology. And in my version "It" is certainly not separate from the rest of creation in any way (even the bad bits)
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '17 23:51
    "nobody could prevent"

The Roman state was highly militaristic. If there was serious protest or people trying to stop it, they would have ended up right there with him and what would that serve? They were never gonna just let Jesus "walk".
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '17 23:56
    It's interesting that you never let not understanding something get in the way of your efforts to bad-mouth it.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 May '17 00:17
    I'd have thought that a walking talking demi-god could school the damn romans. Instead, his followers were forced to use subterfuge and, um, fake news.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '17 00:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The Roman state was highly militaristic. If there was serious protest or people trying to stop it, they would have ended up right there with him and what would that serve? They were never gonna just let Jesus "walk".
    Yet when he was turning up the money changers tables the guards did nothing. A chance for a real revolution missed?
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 May '17 00:21
    Yet when he was turning up the money changers tables the guards did nothing. A chance for a real revolution missed?
    The bored and underpaid guards were busy cleaning up the mess?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree