1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Apr '14 00:46
    As I sit here worshipping in my home at the alter of my self constructed Easter bunny and offering sacrifices to the this god of fertility, I just thought I would wish everyone a happy Easter, except for robbie so as not to offend him. 😵
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12696
    20 Apr '14 04:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    As I sit here worshipping in my home at the alter of my self constructed Easter bunny and offering sacrifices to the this god of fertility, I just thought I would wish everyone a happy Easter, except for robbie so as not to offend him. 😵
    The Holy Bible tells us who is the true God of fertility. To mention only one incident, do you recall what He did for Abraham and Sarah? So continue to worship Him as you see fit.

    Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

    So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.


    (Colossians 2:15-17 NKJV)
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Apr '14 06:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    As I sit here worshipping in my home at the alter of my self constructed Easter bunny and offering sacrifices to the this god of fertility, I just thought I would wish everyone a happy Easter, except for robbie so as not to offend him. 😵
    Spotted this morning at the 7.30 am "Children's" mass: helium balloons weighted down with stones on strings ~ Spongebob Squarepants, pink dolphins, blue elephants [for 'blue', we could say more-or-less 'elephant colour'], and fruit salad coloured helicopters, excellent floral arrangements positioned in several places but always with the florist's telephone number visible. Three things seen but presumably not specifically commanded by Christ: a large mural depicting Jesus teaching some children under a tree; physically disabled worshippers accommodated at the front of the congregation; full text of the mass and all songs for sale at the gate.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Apr '14 15:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Spotted this morning at the 7.30 am "Children's" mass: helium balloons weighted down with stones on strings ~ Spongebob Squarepants, pink dolphins, blue elephants [for 'blue', we could say more-or-less 'elephant colour'], and fruit salad coloured helicopters, excellent floral arrangements positioned in several places but always with the florist's telephone numbe ...[text shortened]... ated at the front of the congregation; full text of the mass and all songs for sale at the gate.
    I was alright until I read the bit about Spongebob.

    Clearly Spongebob is gay!! 😠
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '14 15:121 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I was alright until I read the bit about Spongebob.

    Clearly Spongebob is gay!! 😠
    its tough being a straight guy in a gay world!
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Apr '14 15:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its hard being a straight guy in a gay world!
    Tell me about it.

    Do you view Spongebob to be pagan?
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '14 15:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Tell me about it.

    Do you view Spongebob to be pagan?
    no just annoying
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Apr '14 15:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no just annoying
    Clearly Spongebob was created by pagans, unless you have evidence that they are JW"s who came up with him.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '14 15:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    Clearly Spongebob was created by pagans, unless you have evidence that they are JW"s who came up with him.
    He could be I dunno, then again, sprinkle enough Holy water on him in Indonesia and hes clean and wholesome and totally christian!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Apr '14 15:201 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He could be I dunno, then again, sprinkle enough Holy water on him in Indonesia and hes clean and wholesome and totally christian!
    What if Spongebob wore a cross. Would that be enough to ban him from your TV?

    Is it not enough that he is gay! 😠
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '14 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    What if Spongebob wore a cross. Would that be enough to ban him from your TV?

    Is it not enough that he is gay! 😠
    I always suspected sponge bob was a wee bit on the effeminate side, ban him from my tv, heck i darent turn the thing on, the BBC is a like gay parade!
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Apr '14 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He could be I dunno, then again, sprinkle enough Holy water on him in Indonesia and hes clean and wholesome and totally christian!
    For Indonesian Christians, a crucifix is a representation of the cross on which Jesus died, and for Indonesian Christians, Jesus is "clean and wholesome", to use your words, and His sacrifice ~ there on that cross ~ makes him a revered figure. 😀
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12696
    20 Apr '14 15:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He could be I dunno, then again, sprinkle enough Holy water on him in Indonesia and hes clean and wholesome and totally christian!
    You seem to despise Holy water. Is that because JWs don't have Holy water?
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '14 15:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    For Indonesian Christians, a crucifix is a representation of the cross on which
    Jesus died, and for Indonesian Christians, Jesus is "clean and wholesome", to use your words, and His sacrifice ~ there on that cross ~ makes him a revered figure.
    indeed and yet from Gods perspective they have adopted a pagan symbol, cant be wholesome surely.
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '14 15:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You seem to despise Holy water. Is that because JWs don't have Holy water?
    I dont despise anything except the BBC for marginalizing Scotland.
Back to Top