1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 13:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's right. For you, the crucifix has "pagan symbolism". For Indonesian Christians, the crucifix has no "pagan symbolism". The symbols ~ their meanings ~ are different. This has been my argument all along.
    and yet irrespective of what meaning you, your Indonesian fellows or anyone else imputes to a crucifix, it is of pagan antiquity, this has been my argument all along and you could not even bring yourself to acknowledge the fact, despite being presented with evidence.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 13:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    and yet irrespective of what meaning you, your Indonesian fellows or anyone else imputes to a crucifix, it is of pagan antiquity, this has been my argument all along and you could not even bring yourself to acknowledge the fact, despite being presented with evidence.
    The "pagan antiquity" meaning is for you, people like you and ~ presumably ~ "pagans" ~ and presumably dates back to "antiquity". This perception of yours and theirs has no impact (or significance) whatsoever on the reality of the crucifix's meaning for Indonesian Christians; there is no "pagan element" in the crucifix for Christians here. This has been my argument all along.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 15:112 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    The "pagan antiquity" meaning is for you, people like you and ~ presumably ~ "pagans" ~ and presumably dates back to "antiquity". This perception of yours and theirs has no impact (or significance) whatsoever on the reality of the crucifix's meaning for Indonesian Christians; there is no "pagan element" in the crucifix for Christians here. This has been my argument all along.
    No its is for anyone that is interested in truth and who is not content to douse their pagan relics with Holy water in order to imbue them with some other meaning. You can wash your pagan relics in all the Holy water you can, it does not change what they are.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 15:171 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No its is for anyone that is interested in truth and who is not content to douse their pagan relics with Holy water in order to imbue them with some other meaning. You can wash your pagan relics in all the Holy water you can, it does not change what they are.
    Two more repeats of your invented "holy water" thing in lieu of addressing the actual points I have made. Crucifixes are inanimate objects. They are not "pagan relics" for Christians in Indonesia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree