1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 08:16
    "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquity; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, everyone, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He opened not His mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment, but who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people He was stricken… and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53:5-12
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 08:281 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquity; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, everyone, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth; He ...[text shortened]... icken… and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53:5-12
    According to my time zone stamp, you posted this at 03:16 - very appropriate.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 09:12
    “Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”

(Matthew 12:38-40)
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 09:39
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    According to my time zone stamp, you posted this at 03:16 - very appropriate.
    Up all night again?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 09:40
    "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquity; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, everyone, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth; He ...[text shortened]... icken… and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53:5-12
    Easter is pagan.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 12:37
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Easter is pagan.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism
    Some profess Christ, observe pagan festivals but deny the commandments of Christ.
    [mouth worship]

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
    (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV)

Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. (Galatians 4:10-11 KJV)
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 18:09
    Easter is pagan.

I take it you don't celebrate Christmas either?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 18:11
    I take it you don't celebrate Christmas either?
    I don’t “celebrate” any religious festivals.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 18:12
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Some profess Christ, observe pagan festivals but deny the commandments of Christ.
    [mouth worship]

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. A ...[text shortened]... s. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. (Galatians 4:10-11 KJV)
    And there are others who think they don't need faith in Jesus and they can save themselves through works of the flesh.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 19:43
    The 53rd chapter of Isaiah is a beautiful, poetic song, one of the four “Servant Songs” in which the prophet describes the climactic period of world history when the Messiah will arrive and the Jewish people assume the role as the spiritual leaders of humanity.
    Isaiah 53 is a prophecy foretelling how the world will react when they witness Israel's salvation in the Messianic era. The verses are presented from the perspective of world leaders, who contrast their former scornful attitude toward the Jews with their new realization of Israel's grandeur. After realizing how unfairly they treated the Jewish people, they will be shocked and speechless.
    While the original Hebrew text clearly refers to the Jewish people as the “Suffering Servant,” over the centuries Isaiah 53 has become a cornerstone of the Christian claim that Jesus is the Messiah. Unfortunately, this claim is based on widespread mistranslations and distortion of context.
    In order to properly understand these verses, one must read the original Hebrew text. When the Bible is translated into other languages, it loses much of its essence. The familiar King James translation uses language which is archaic and difficult for the modern reader. Furthermore, it is not rooted in Jewish sources and often goes against traditional Jewish teachings. Modern translations, while more readable, are often even more divorced from the true meaning of the text.

Pasted from <http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/Isaiah_53_The_Suffering_Servant.html>
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 19:431 edit
    I don’t “celebrate” any religious festivals.
    Do you believe the death and resurrection of Jesus is worth remembering? Do you treat good Friday like a normal day?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 20:14
    Do you believe the death and resurrection of Jesus is worth remembering? Do you treat good Friday like a normal day?
    Yes and no.

I treat good Friday like a bank holiday, a day away from the grind of making money.

Easter is pagan, enjoy it if you like it.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 20:14
    You need the Catholic church to create a day called Good Friday for you to remember that Christ died?

Good Friday is a normal day.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 20:18
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You need the Catholic church to create a day called Good Friday for you to remember that Christ died?

Good Friday is a normal day.
    But I sure do enjoy hot cross buns.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 20:41
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    But I sure do enjoy hot cross buns.
    Just had one, hot with lashings of butter.
    Delicious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree