1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 03:37
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Have you read the articles? If you haven't, you probably should. You know, educate yourself. No sense continuing to argue from a place of ignorance.
    The purpose of Christ’s crucifixion and His Resurrection were foreshadowed in the Gospels and referenced by Jesus Christ Himself, making Isaiah 53 a clear Messianic prophecy that Jesus Christ fulfilled.

As I said, it’s not surprising some Jews today refuse to accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah or recognize that Isaiah 53 is a Messianic prophecy. The same thing happened 2,000 years ago.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 04:24
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    The purpose of Christ’s crucifixion and His Resurrection were foreshadowed in the Gospels and referenced by Jesus Christ Himself, making Isaiah 53 a clear Messianic prophecy that Jesus Christ fulfilled.

As I said, it’s not surprising some Jews today refuse to accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah or recognize that Isaiah 53 is a Messianic prophecy. The same thing happened 2,000 years ago.
    This is all because the idea of Messiah that the Jews have is the image of a Messiah-warrior. Jesus did not come as a warrior the first time because his message was love. Love for God, and love for each other. The image of a Messiah-warrior doesn't fit that message. However, at the end of the age, when Jesus returns, it will be exactly this Messiah-warrior who returns to kick ass and rescue his people from the powers of the AntiChrist. The Jews of that time will recognize him for what he is, and they will finally have their Messiah and it will all come full circle at that time.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 04:59
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    This is all because the idea of Messiah that the Jews have is the image of a Messiah-warrior. Jesus did not come as a warrior the first time because his message was love. Love for God, and love for each other. The image of a Messiah-warrior doesn't fit that message. However, at the end of the age, when Jesus returns, it will be exactly this Messiah-war ...[text shortened]... t he is, and they will finally have their Messiah and it will all come full circle at that time.
    Agree with what you said; it’s just unfortunate how many Jews will perish before Christ’s return, not recognizing their Messiah.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 05:02
    Agree with what you said; it’s just unfortunate how many Jews will perish before Christ’s return, not recognizing their Messiah.
    Playing judge again?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 05:08
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Playing judge again?
    How so?

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

(John 3:16-18)
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 05:34
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Playing judge again?
    Said the self-appointed judge of all Christians in this forum.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 05:38
    However, devout Jews who "keep the law" as the chosen people of God, I believe they will receive special dispensation for their righteousness, just as those before Jesus did.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 05:42
    Happy Astaroth Day, everyone!

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Astaroth.html
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 05:42
    Said the self-appointed judge of all Christians in this forum.
    The difference, of course, is I believe salvation is by faith alone (Romans 10:9 and John 3:16 among many other verses) and am concluding Jews who openly reject the deity and Resurrection of Jesus Christ will perish. That’s simply Biblical.

rajk concludes individual people are going to hell even though he does not know if they believe in the deity and Resurrection of Christ in their heart or (based on his belief system) what good works they have done.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 05:43
    However, devout Jews who "keep the law" as the chosen people of God, I believe they will receive special dispensation for their righteousness, just as those before Jesus did.
    I believe the Bible says if someone tries to justify himself or herself by the law, they are a debtor to do the whole law.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 07:19
    Funny, that's what Robbie always said.
    What’s funny about it?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 07:21
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Have you read the articles? If you haven't, you probably should. You know, educate yourself. No sense continuing to argue from a place of ignorance.
    When your precious (sic) Jesus claimed to be sent by God, was he correct in your opinion?

Simple question for you, an ardent “advocate” of Jesus words...

😵
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 10:03
    I believe the Bible says if someone tries to justify himself or herself by the law, they are a debtor to do the whole law.
    Exactly. Jews have been doing this for, literally, thousands of years.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 10:05
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What’s funny about it?
    I guess it was only "dishonest" when Robbie said it, hmmm?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 10:13
    Exactly. Jews have been doing this for, literally, thousands of years.
    But they haven’t succeeded in keeping the whole of the law, which is why they had to sacrifice animals and perform other rituals to atone for sins.

If they couldn’t keep the law then (and they couldn’t,) they can’t keep it now either. No one can.

“But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.”

(Galatians 3:22-25)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree