1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 21:17
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Robbie I have no problem with you venerating a bird, a haddock an aubergine whatever.

Just stop venerating the brothers.
    I beseech thee.
    I am not venerating anything other than the most high!

Please keep personal advice to yourself otherwise you will end up a tiresome nitpicker like FMF, a dweeb of a thousand dweebs like 2pacjeester the Christian gangsta rappa smakin up dem bitches!
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 21:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am not venerating anything other than the most high!

Please keep personal advice to yourself otherwise you will end up a tiresome nitpicker like FMF, a dweeb of a thousand dweebs like 2pacjeester the Christian gangsta rappa smakin up dem bitches!
    Robbie personal advice is take some exercise or use a deodorant.

I am trying to save your sole or should that be haddock.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 21:291 edit
    It may be a dusty book for you but to a Christian the word of God is alive! What does the Bible say with regard to morality from the heart?

The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it? - Jeremiah 17:9

What can we say about a morality that is based on sentimentality? on mere human wisdom?
    As human beings, we have many notable qualities that set us apart from other mortal creatures. We have opposable thumbs, advanced language and high intellect. Surpassing all of these though, arguably, is our morality (or at least our potential to be moral beings; altruistic, kind and empathetic). I therefore object to any notion that this morality is somehow separate from us, that it has been handed down externally in a divine book. This is to rob humanity of one of its greatest achievements, the ability to reason and decide independently what is right and wrong. To put this power in a book is to dis-empower man and do him a great injustice.
    I have no problem with a religious book being a guide to morality, just not its source. It is man who gave the Bible its moral structure, not the other way around. Morality would still exist, even if the Bible or other religious books did not.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 21:401 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As human beings, we have many notable qualities that set us apart from other mortal creatures. We have opposable thumbs, advanced language and high intellect. Surpassing all of these though, arguably, is our morality (or at least our potential to be moral beings; altruistic, kind and empathetic). I therefore object to any notion that this morality is ...[text shortened]... ther way around. Morality would still exist, even if the Bible or other religious books did not.
    No one has claimed that it is separate. What has actually been stated is that the mode of operation is fallible otherwise how will you explain treachery, deceit, oppression of mankind, injustice etc. It is to rob you of nothing except your misguided notion and fairytale sugar mountain golden unicorns everywhere perspective. The 'is the Bible inspired' is a very long and protracted debate and is not the subject of this discussion now. Simply stand and deliver and admit that your humanity is intact but that morality from the heart is a very dangerous and tricky business as a book which has recorded 3000 years of human activity is able to testify to.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 21:411 edit
    Robbie personal advice is take some exercise or use a deodorant.

I am trying to save your sole or should that be haddock.
    Save the Queen, or the rain forest or something that needs to be saved.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 21:50
    No one has claimed that it is separate. What has actually been stated is that the mode of operation is fallible otherwise how will you explain treachery, deceit, oppression of mankind, injustice etc. It is to rob you of nothing except your misguided notion and fairytale sugar mountain golden unicorns everywhere perspective. The 'is the Bible inspir ...[text shortened]... tricky business as a book which has recorded 3000 years of human activity is able to testify to.
    Always with the golden unicorns. 😉

Morality from the heart is a beautiful thing, dangerous perhaps, but beautiful nonetheless. The world itself is both beautiful and full of danger; yet we venture into it all the same, under our own volition.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 22:50
    In early Indian folklore, Owls represent wisdom and helpfulness, and have powers of prophecy. With superstitions dying out in the twentieth century - in the West at least - the Owl has returned to its position as a symbol of wisdom. In the mythology of ancient Greece, Athene, the Goddess of Wisdom, was so impressed by the great eyes and solemn appea ...[text shortened]... eed an owl.

http://www.owlpages.com/articles.php?section=Owl+Mythology&title=Myth+and+Culture
    In the Roman pagan tradition owls were associated with Minerva, who was a wisdom goddess. Interesting that in these religions wisdom was, by and large, associated with female goddesses and not male ones.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 10:44
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Happy new year to you too.

Namaste

I have no idea what that means by the way, I assume something positive from the context I've always seen it in - something akin to "Peace be with you."?
    "Namaste" means "I bow to you", and practitioners of different traditions imply a slightly different content. "Namaste" to a Hindu is understood as "The Divine Spark in me bows to the Divine Spark in you". To practitioners of Buddhist traditions (Dzogchen, Zen) the "Divine Spark" is understood as Od' gsal/ Clear Light and Ch'an respectively.

Namaste, Deep Thought!

😵
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 12:25
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Always with the golden unicorns. 😉

Morality from the heart is a beautiful thing, dangerous perhaps, but beautiful nonetheless. The world itself is both beautiful and full of danger; yet we venture into it all the same, under our own volition.
    Sir perhaps you have a penchant for the poetic and a great muse like yourself should put away the tools of medicine and concentrate on bringing those dusky gems buried in the common psyche of all mankind gleaming to the fore so that we may marvel at its crystallization!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 12:291 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    In the Roman pagan tradition owls were associated with Minerva, who was a wisdom goddess. Interesting that in these religions wisdom was, by and large, associated with female goddesses and not male ones.
    What is wisdom but the application of knowledge? Me thinks that it has no bias in either gender and why the ancients largely associated with female deities I cannot say? Tis interesting never the less. As you can see my own owl exudes wisdom.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 13:27
    What is wisdom but the application of knowledge? Me thinks that it has no bias in either gender and why the ancients largely associated with female deities I cannot say? Tis interesting never the less. As you can see my own owl exudes wisdom.
    But it isn't "your" owl is it. It is a mockery of @startreader's avatar, onto which you have pasted a lolled red tongue, big glazed eyes and a little red head-band. You did this several weeks ago in one of your incisively witty moments in a effort to annoy Startreader. It is amusing that you are now not only defending the iconic use of the owl despite its endemic use in the occult, but are aslo calling it "your owl".
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 16:31
    Originally posted by black beetle
    "Namaste" means "I bow to you", and practitioners of different traditions imply a slightly different content. "Namaste" to a Hindu is understood as "The Divine Spark in me bows to the Divine Spark in you". To practitioners of Buddhist traditions (Dzogchen, Zen) the "Divine Spark" is understood as Od' gsal/ Clear Light and Ch'an respectively.

Namaste, Deep Thought!

😵
    Thankyou,

Namaste, black beetle.
  13. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 20:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But it isn't "your" owl is it. It is a mockery of @startreader's avatar, onto which you have pasted a lolled red tongue, big glazed eyes and a little red head-band. You did this several weeks ago in one of your incisively witty moments in a effort to annoy Startreader. It is amusing that you are now not only defending the iconic use of the owl despite its endemic use in the occult, but are aslo calling it "your owl".
    Exactly dive.
    The Poor schmuck would defend the Brothers declaring the moon was made out of cheese
    so he is used to defending the indefensible.
    The only way to de programme robin would be to take him to an isolated cabin in the woods,2 weeks.
    I don't have the inclination anymore.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 21:292 edits
    Exactly dive.
    The Poor schmuck would defend the Brothers declaring the moon was made out of cheese
    so he is used to defending the indefensible.
    The only way to de programme robin would be to take him to an isolated cabin in the woods,2 weeks.
    I don't have the inclination anymore.
    Actually rather interestingly Stalin tried the same thing, he shipped us off in droves to Siberia and put our children in special re educational schools, the poor schmuck didn't realize that he was simply helping us spread the God News of Gods Kingdom. When Russia opened up in the nineties we were surprised to discover we now numbered into the hundreds of thousands inside Russia. Why do you think a rube like you and a covert closet christian like 2pacjeester can triumph where the soviet government failed? Clearly neither of you have a barrs irn bru.

YouTube : Witness v KGB
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 22:33
    Actually rather interestingly Stalin tried the same thing, he shipped us off in droves to Siberia and put our children in special re educational schools, the poor schmuck didn't realize that he was simply helping us spread the God News of Gods Kingdom. When Russia opened up in the nineties we were surprised to discover we now numbered into the hundr ...[text shortened]... d? Clearly neither of you have a barrs irn bru.

[youtube Witness v KGB]vn7UyD_XfMQ[/youtube]
    Why would you call me a "closet Christian", I'm completely open about being a Christian. Do you ever stop a think before post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree