1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 01:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    Tell me if you can or use your imagination.

How many things do you think have to happen and work right for a one celled animal like an amoeba (for instance), to divide into two amoebas? Would you put it at several things?, a hundred things?, a thousand ?
    I'll tell you what! Unless that is part of the amoebas design it wouldn't work
    so that it would live through the process. How many things does it take
    to occur are meaningless as to how did the amoebas get to the place it could
    do that.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 04:34
    Originally posted by C Hess
    And this is a problem for evolution, how exactly? It means you have a piece of genetic material that can be built on at some other, arbitrary time.

I will repeat from earlier posts, to make sure we're clear on this, that the vast majority of mutations are of this neutral kind. Not beneficial, nor detrimental.
    That is your belief. I, on the other hand, believe the vast majority of mutations are detrimental. Although many evolutionists believe different hair and eye color are a result of mutations, I don't.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 04:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If it is obvious then you can explain it.

Originally posted by RJHinds
    This evolution idea of a heart or any other organ is pure fantasy. These parts of the body are obviously designed for their purpose by an intelligent being more intelligent than human beings. You may enjoying repeating this fairy tale for grownup atheists if you like, but don't expect any intelligent person to actually believe such nonsense.

If it is obvious then you can explain it.

HEART ANATOMY

A Doctor walks you through an animated video about the amazing human heart.

YouTube

How the Heart Works 3D Video

YouTube
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 09:59
    Not quite the same thing but look at the crap most of us carry about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_vestigiality

http://io9.com/5829687/10-vestigial-traits-you-didnt-know-you-had

The big challenge for Creationists is to explain why we (and other animals) are so poorly designed.
    somebody missed this
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 11:362 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'll tell you what! Unless that is part of the amoebas design it wouldn't work
    so that it would live through the process. How many things does it take
    to occur are meaningless as to how did the amoebas get to the place it could
    do that.
    Still I would like to know mitosis of the amoeba would involve how many phenomenon that scientists know of.

Mitosis would be the term right?

Mitosis and Miosis Simulation (for humans)

YouTube

This one covers asexual reproduction

YouTube
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 14:38
    Originally posted by sonship
    Still I would like to know mitosis of the amoeba would involve how many phenomenon that scientists know of.

Mitosis would be the term right?

[b]Mitosis and Miosis Simulation
    (for humans)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGVBAHAsjJM

This one covers asexual reproduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ncSrJOwME[/b]
    im not sure about an amoeba (its above my pay scale). but a cell made up of 5 chemicals has been observed splitting in experiments.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 15:52
    I think part of the problem creationists in this thread are having is that they do not realize just how flexible and varied life is. If we look at any given species, there is a significant variety within that species. Its not a case of a single mutation suddenly changing the whole species, but rather thousands of mutations happening all the time in different individuals gradually changing the gene pool of the species. This doesn't just take place at the level of the visible such as height, hair color etc, but even at the cellular level. Even within a single species there are typically a number of minor variations to various proteins involved in the cellular machinery. Kelly believes that one mistake would break everything, but this is actually not the case. Proteins consist of hundreds to thousands of amino acids, and most of them will continue to work with multiple changes to those amino acids. Sometimes they work less well, sometimes better, (sometimes better is bad) etc.
    In addition, many genes affect the expression of proteins at certain times, and gene changes can affect when the expression happens and to what degree. But all this is remarkably flexible, so for practically any gene you look at there will be variations across the population.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '15 05:061 edit
    somebody missed this
    Vestigial Organs

In recent times the concept of "vestigial" organs has been proven erroneous. The whole notion of "vestigial" was based on an evolutionary assumption - it is totally bogus.

YouTube

Rant 1- Vestigial Structures Prove Evolution

YouTube
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 13:38
    Vestigial Organs

In recent times the concept of "vestigial" organs has been proven erroneous. The whole notion of "vestigial" was based on an evolutionary assumption - it is totally bogus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2nU4IqVIzQ

Rant 1- Vestigial Structures Prove Evolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JudnZJtrj5Q
    Ok, explain the blind mole rat which actually has eyes but covered completely by a layer of skin rendering the eye useless. If that isn't a vestigial organ I don't know the definition of the term.

As usual you cherry pick the video's that support a young Earth and totally reject actual critical thinking people who show what is really happening in the scientific world.

You would be like a lemming, you would follow those asssholes right off a cliff if they told you there was a diamond right below the ridge.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 03:361 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think part of the problem creationists in this thread are having is that they do not realize just how flexible and varied life is. If we look at any given species, there is a significant variety within that species. Its not a case of a single mutation suddenly changing the whole species, but rather thousands of mutations happening all the time in differ ...[text shortened]... lexible, so for practically any gene you look at there will be variations across the population.
    I think the problem with evolutionists is that they don't realize how stupid they are. 😏
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 04:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ok, explain the blind mole rat which actually has eyes but covered completely by a layer of skin rendering the eye useless. If that isn't a vestigial organ I don't know the definition of the term.

As usual you cherry pick the video's that support a young Earth and totally reject actual critical thinking people who show what is really happening in the sc ...[text shortened]... ow those asssholes right off a cliff if they told you there was a diamond right below the ridge.
    I believe the thin layer of skin protects the eyes from dirt.

'Blind' Mole Rats Can See, Study Confirms

Mole rats spend nearly all their lives underground, but they are not blind as was long thought, and are even color-sensitive, new research confirms.

Researchers in the Czech Republic found evidence that two species of mole rats use their poor vision to detect breaches in their tunnels.

Mole rats spend nearly all their lives underground, but they are not blind as was long thought, and are even color-sensitive, new research confirms.

Detecting light from holes in their tunnels enables mole rats to quickly plug the holes to keep out predators like honey badgers and humans.

In addition to detecting light, mole rats showed a limited sensitivity to colors during the researchers' experiments. They responded to blue and green-yellow light, but not to red. It was unclear whether they can distinguish between blue and green or green-yellow.

To simulate a hole-plugging scenario, the researchers placed the silvery mole rat and the giant mole rat into a maze of Plexiglas tunnels containing horticultural peat. Once they had the animals inside, the researchers covered the maze but illuminated the end of one tunnel with a 40-watt incandescent bulb. They then recorded whether the mole rats used the peat to block the light.

The giant mole rat tried to plug the hole in 80 percent of trials, and the silvery mole rat did so 85 percent of the time.

In a related test, mole rats were supplied with food and nesting material and given the choice between two nesting boxes, one dark and the other illuminated by white or monochromatic light. After 60 and 90 minutes, researchers checked the nesting boxes to see where the mole rats had settled down.

Mole rats preferred the dark box, avoiding the boxes illuminated by white, blue, or green-yellow light. However, they seemed to have no preference between a dark box and a box illuminated by red light, suggesting the animals couldn't detect red.

The first behavioral evidence that mole rats can distinguish between light and dark was reported in 2006, according to Kott. With this latest study, the ability to discriminate between light and dark is documented in five species of African mole rats. Separate research has characterized the eye and neural anatomy in 11 of the 22 known species.

"Broadly speaking, all species are well-equipped for image-forming vision but severely constrained in terms of visual acuity," Kott told LiveScience. In this family of rodents, "the brain only resolves a coarsely 'pixelated' image of the outside world."

African mole rats are not alone among subterranean mammals in possessing limited vision. Light-avoidance behavior has been documented in moles and in the misleadingly named blind mole rat. (Blind mole rats are not members of the African mole rat family.)

http://www.livescience.com/8468-blind-mole-rats-study-confirms.html

😏
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 15:401 edit
    I believe the thin layer of skin protects the eyes from dirt.

[b]'Blind' Mole Rats Can See, Study Confirms

Researchers in the Czech Republic found evidence that two species of mole rats use ...[text shortened]... t family.)

http://www.livescience.com/8468-blind-mole-rats-study-confirms.html

😏[/b]
    Being able to see that there is light is not by any stretch of the imagination, vision. The IR sensors on a rattler can sense body heat and more or less pinpoint it but that is not a true vision sense either, the eyes take over that function.

Those blind mole rats have in fact, vestigial organs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree