Harlot and the Wild Beast?

Harlot and the Wild Beast?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]=============================
Your just mad because a JW showed you a scripture you didn't know existed and one you didn't have an answer for and one that makes two of your beliefs look really bad..... 1Cor 15: 24 - 28.
=====================================

Galveston, I will grant you that we had no really long discussion of that passag ...[text shortened]... age, I do not shy away from a challenge. Do you want me to elaborate on it specifically more ?[/b]
Thanks for admittting that. But I am very familiar with the other scriptures in Daniel & Isaiah. You can elaborate if you want but with a shorter version maybe. Your thoughts tend to get lost in the longer post.

j

Moves
09 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Thanks for admittting that. But I am very familiar with the other scriptures in Daniel & Isaiah. You can elaborate if you want but with a shorter version maybe. Your thoughts tend to get lost in the longer post.
If you don't need me to talk about 1 Cor. 15 I will do so for the sake of others who would like to know where I stand on your objection based on it to Jesus being God incarnate.

Any one of several points, much more could be said.

And I still have not addressed your objection about the alledged "absence" of the Holy Spirit. I don't know where to start with these problems that Russell has put in your mind.

Did you not read in Hebrews 9 that He is "the ETERNAL Spirit"???

The Spirit is pouring out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the "sign" in Revelation. He is the bright as crystal river of the water of divine LIFE. He is dispensing God and Christ into the constituents of New Jerusalem.

The Spirit is eternally flowing the Triune God into the redeemed. That is why He is seen as a river flowing into the city. By the way, by the way, in John 7 the Spirit is the "rivers of living water flowing out" of the believer's innermost being (John 7:39)

So for Him to be pouring out of the administering throne of God and of the Lamb AND for Him to be flowing out of the saved's innermost being shows - THE DISPENSING OF GOD INTO MAN.

The INNERMOST being of man is one with the Adminstering Throne of God and of the Lamb. These things are profound and deep. This is a sign and a vision of God imparting His divine life into man, which is His eternal purpose.

WHAT ??? Did you not realize that the sign of New Jerusalem signfies the mingling of God and man ?

Did you answer my question? Do you really believe that Jesus Christ is in you ? I think you informed me elsewhere that you took 2 Cor. 13:5 seriously.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 09

If you don't need me to talk about 1 Cor. 15 I will do so for the sake of others who would like to know where I stand on your objection based on it to Jesus being God incarnate.

[b]Any
one of several points, much more could be said.

And I still have not addressed your objection about the alledged "absence" of the Holy Spirit. I don't know where t ...[text shortened]... t is in you ? I think you informed me elsewhere that you took 2 Cor. 13:5 seriously.[/b]
You know jay, it's obvious that you really believe in the Trinity and that's great for you. But as I said earlier that we don't and we recognize it's origines and they aren't from Jehovah and the Bible. We know where they originate. So unless you have anymore comments about this thread I don't know what else to say to you.

j

Moves
09 Jul 09
3 edits

You know jay, it's obvious that you really believe in the Trinity and that's great for you. But as I said earlier that we don't and we recognize it's origines and they aren't from Jehovah and the Bible. We know where they originate. So unless you have anymore comments about this thread I don't know what else to say to you.
You refered to Hislop ( I think it was you). I think I asked you or Robbie WHERE in The Two Babylons does Alexander Hislop make a statement
that the belief in the Trinity is rooted in Babylonian religion.

It WAS a genuine question. I do not RECALL reading about that in the book but I MAY have missed it.

As of yet I do not think any JW has come forward and told me where in The Two Babylons I can find that discussion. If they do, I will first shut up and go read it. If they can't locate it, it would be nice if they would admit that it is NOT there although Hislop does talk a whole lot about pagan origins of Roman Catholic beliefs.

There is not too much else you can say, except you can answer this ...

Did you answer my question? Do you really believe that Jesus Christ is in you ? I think you informed me elsewhere that you took 2 Cor. 13:5 seriously.

You don't have to answer. You don't even have to back down on your strongly held views. The readers can see why some of us don't go along with Russell's polytheistic TWO gods theory.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 09

"""Did you answer my question? Do you really believe that Jesus Christ is in you ?""""

Sorry I haven't answered but it's easy to get distracted with other answers.
I believe and except that Jesus died for our sins and that gives us the chance to be protected by that sacrifice. But none of us are saved until we prove it by our "actions and faith". These two things and only these two things might gain us everlasting life. No one on earth has been granted that yet....

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jul 09
1 edit

You refered to Hislop ( I think it was you). I think I asked you or Robbie [b]WHERE in The Two Babylons does Alexander Hislop make a statement
that the belief in the Trinity is rooted in Babylonian religion.

It WAS a genuine question. I do not RECALL reading about that in the book but I MAY have missed it.

As of yet I do not think any J readers can see why some of us don't go along with Russell's polytheistic TWO gods theory.[/b]
According to the Bible the following essential doctrines are made clear?

1. There is one God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

2. That he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of man.

3.That faith and good works are required for salvation

And others as well. These doctrines are stated clearly, repeated by many, repeated in different words, examples are given, stories and parables are told illustrating their importance. Also all the sins you can imagine are clearly stated and illustrated including the excessive wearing of gold and braided hair and overeating. You think they would have time to explain that Christ is God incarnate.

In other words, the writers leave no room for doubt as to the importance of essential doctrines. Christ in particular must be the worlds greatest story teller and illustrator of complex concepts. He had the gift of breaking down every difficult doctrine into simple components that even a 5 year old can understand.

However in the case of Christ being God and God being Christ, the writers of the Bible (including Christ) appear to be suddenly lost for words. How do you explain that? I cant, and neither can you.

The only thing I can say is that your doctrine of the Trinity is probably harmless. Its irrelevant to anyone's salvation. Christ is not going to say ".. hey you did not understand or believe in the Trinity so .. straight to eternal punishment .." Only a fool will think that somehow its necessary to believe that Christ is God and God is Christ when such a statement conflicts with so many others.

God sent his son Jesus to die for us
We are required to be baptised as Christians.
We are required to believe in him, and do good works ... love everyone, give to that poor and needy, live a selfless life and remove ourselves from worldliness.

End of story.

j

Moves
09 Jul 09
1 edit

"""Did you answer my question? Do you really believe that Jesus Christ is in you ?""""

Sorry I haven't answered but it's easy to get distracted with other answers.
I believe and except that Jesus died for our sins and that gives us the chance to be protected by that sacrifice. But none of us are saved until we prove it by our "actions and faith". T ...[text shortened]... things might gain us everlasting life. No one on earth has been granted that yet....
======================================
I believe and except that Jesus died for our sins and that gives us the chance to be protected by that sacrifice. But none of us are saved until we prove it by our "actions and faith". These two things and only these two things might gain us everlasting life. No one on earth has been granted that yet....
======================================

Does this mean that you do or you do not believe that Jesus Christ is in you as taught by 2 Corinthians 13:5?

"Test yourselves whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves. Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved?"

You said that you did take this passage seriously. Do you admit then that Jesus Christ is in you ?

j

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
According to the Bible the following essential doctrines are made clear?

1. There is one God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

2. That he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of man.

3.That faith and good works are required for salvation

And others as well. These doctrines are stated clearly, repeated by many, repeated in different ...[text shortened]... poor and needy, live a selfless life and remove ourselves from worldliness.

End of story.
And you're 11 years old ?

Have I been mean to you ?

rc

Moves
09 Jul 09

no hes had it coming, big time!

j

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no hes had it coming, big time!
But I hear the dude is only 11 !

rc

Moves
09 Jul 09

But I hear the dude is only 11 !
so what, if he is, hes a cheeky wee brat that could do with some well earned discipline!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so what, if he is, hes a cheeky wee brat that could do with some well earned discipline!
That's exactly what i think of you!!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jul 09
1 edit

There is a question in my post.
Can you answer it?

rc

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
why thank you, noobster, that the nicest thing you have ever said to me!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Just curious as to why your so mad it seems at everyone?