Harlot and the Wild Beast?

Harlot and the Wild Beast?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Jul 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I was merely being faceious.

For a piece of trivia, what's unique about the word faceious?
it has all the vowels in it?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
it has all the vowels in it?
Yep, but in the correct order.

And that will be the most useful thing you'll learn from the spirituality forum all week. 😉

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
08 Jul 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
So you are a liar.
I never said I know so much about the Bible.
This comment from somebody who proudly calls himself Devious Liar!!

😕😛😕

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
08 Jul 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Hey everyone..I have an anouncement!!! I just found out that Raj is only 13years old. That would explain his child like answers and accusations. So now it all makes sence!!!!!
I've just struggled through this entire thread trying to untangle who believes what!

It would be FAR simpler and easier if everybody put a meaningful story on their home page - like "I'm a JW."

I'm trying to figure out if Galveston is one. If so, we could go straight to the JW debate, without beating about the bush!

So far, only jaywil's view is really the one that I would totally agree with. Go for it, jaywil!

HOWEVER, having said that, dear jaywil, (and I seriously DO support your points of view) I have had my "the RC is the great whore" shaken by meeting some precious believers in the RC church, with whom we are now regularly meeting. My Baptist background (later pentecostal, still later ....... well, let's leave that for a while...) tought me that all Catholics are lost and wrong. I have rescinded and regretted that view. So, if you talk about the Apostate, secularised RC church, then I am with you. But NOT all of them.

This should go without saying, but similar comments apply to ALL churches and organisations, only in the last days will the angels distinguish between true sons of the kingdom, and fakes.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Jul 09

Originally posted by CalJust
I've just struggled through this entire thread trying to untangle who believes what!

It would be FAR simpler and easier if everybody put a meaningful story on their home page - like "I'm a JW."

I'm trying to figure out if Galveston is one. If so, we could go straight to the JW debate, without beating about the bush!

So far, only jaywil ...[text shortened]... the last days will the angels distinguish between true sons of the kingdom, and fakes.
From the start I have thought that the Christians chould have their own site. But then Vistesd said that this site broke off from the 'debate' site.

does anyone think that the christians should have their own site?
(sorry Cj. didn't mean to interupt your post but i was just wondering)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 09
1 edit

So far, only jaywil the last days will the angels distinguish between true sons of the kingdom, and fakes.
Yes I am A JW and have stated that in other post. Why would we need a JW debate? We all believe the Bible but just have different views on it, so just a Bible debate should do..

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
08 Jul 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
From the start I have thought that the Christians chould have their own site. But then Vistesd said that this site broke off from the 'debate' site.

does anyone think that the christians should have their own site?
(sorry Cj. didn't mean to interupt your post but i was just wondering)
Actually I agree with you, k a.

For any debate to be meaningful, there needs to be a certain amount of common ground, or an agreed frame of reference.

For example, if I debate nuclear power vs renewables with somebody, no matter how strongly either party feels, the common base is the need for energy. If somebody cuts in to say we should all leave the planet in space ships before resources run out, that is not a meaningful contribution to the debate.

So, yes, a sub-forum with a common Christianity base (defined very broadly!) would be useful. Similarly, one could have a sub-forum for Islam and atheists, but that might complicate matters too much.

Perhaps it would be a step in the right direction if people with a totally different viewpoint would desist from joining threads where they would only be disruptive? But that would be asking too much....

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
08 Jul 09

Yes I am A JW and have stated that in other post. Why would we need a JW debate? We all believe the Bible but just have different views on it, so just a Bible debate should do..
Thanks, g75. It does simplify matters!

It is just that if I talk to a JW, or a 7th DA or a Mormon, it is good to know that at the start. It is not very helpful to attack such a person's core beliefs here, because that would not get anybody anywhere.

Typically, I would not debate you on the deity of Christ, because I know all your answers! (and they are wrong....)

Let's rather talk about some issues where we MIGHT find common ground.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 09

Thanks, g75. It does simplify matters!

It is just that if I talk to a JW, or a 7th DA or a Mormon, it is good to know that at the start. It is not very helpful to attack such a person's core beliefs here, because that would not get anybody anywhere.

Typically, I would not debate you on the deity of Christ, because I know all your answers! (and they are wrong....)

Let's rather talk about some issues where we MIGHT find common ground.
I could equaly say yours are all wrong too.. So who could prove it by the Bible is the question.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jul 09

This comment from somebody who proudly calls himself [b]Devious Liar!!

😕😛😕[/b]
What I call myself is of no consequence.
What others call me might be useful.
What Christ thinks of me is the only thing that matters.
Hence, if I am discussing bible doctrine, I repeat exactly and faithfully what He said, without superimposing my opinions above His.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jul 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Yep, but in the correct order.

And that will be the most useful thing you'll learn from the spirituality forum all week. 😉
Yeah this week looks bad.
But last week was good. We learned that the JWs:
- have disfellowshipped members for celebrating Christmas and birthdays
- think that homosexuality is such a great sin that no such people will get salvation.

The fact of the matter is that Christ never mentions homosexuality or birthdays, and placed instead much greater stress on many other sins, to which clearly JWs turn a blind eye.

So last weeks lesson ?
JWs are a bunch of narrowminded hypocrites.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 09

Yeah this week looks bad.
But last week was good. We learned that the JWs:
- have disfellowshipped members for celebrating Christmas and birthdays
- think that homosexuality is such a great sin that no such people will get salvation.

The fact of the matter is that Christ never mentions homosexuality or birthdays, and placed instead much greater stres ...[text shortened]... ly JWs turn a blind eye.

So last weeks lesson ?
JWs are a bunch of narrowminded hypocrites.
We love you too Raj.... 🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jul 09

We love you too Raj.... 🙂
😀 Funny.

Spend some time trying to be more tolerant as Christ was.
Spend no time judging and condemning others.

j

Moves
08 Jul 09
1 edit

So far, only jaywil the last days will the angels distinguish between true sons of the kingdom, and fakes.
===============================
HOWEVER, having said that, dear jaywil, (and I seriously DO support your points of view) I have had my "the RC is the great whore" shaken by meeting some precious believers in the RC church,
==============================

And you are liable to meet more. As I said, look at the comparison to the Old Testament Babylon.

Who can deny that Daniel and his three companions were extraordinarily spiritual. But they were caught away into the Babylonian system by history.

Though Daniel was quite spiritual and many could not match him, still God's purpose is in the good land and in Jerusalem. Babylon was a detour away from the proper ground upon which God desired to accomplish His city and His temple.

The great spirituality of Daniel and the three Hebrew boys did not make Babylon God's choice. Did it ?

==========================
with whom we are now regularly meeting. My Baptist background (later pentecostal, still later ....... well, let's leave that for a while...) tought me that all Catholics are lost and wrong. I have rescinded and regretted that view. So, if you talk about the Apostate, secularised RC church, then I am with you. But NOT all of them.
============================

One does have to be tackful about what one says. We should always be about feeding the Lord's sheep.

So I hope you continue to meet with these precious ones touching Christ.

======================
This should go without saying, but similar comments apply to ALL churches and organisations, only in the last days will the angels distinguish between true sons of the kingdom, and fakes.
===========================

Look at the letters to the seven churches. In all seven letters in Revelation 2 and 3 there was a call for those who "overcome" the surrounding corruption.

We must pray then "Lord I have an ear to hear. Grant me by your grace to overcome through You the degradation around me."

g

Pepperland

Moves
08 Jul 09

😀 Funny.

Spend some time trying to be more tolerant as Christ was.
Spend no time judging and condemning others.
Spend some time trying to be more tolerant as Christ was

and obviously, you didn't succeed.