1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86387
    24 May '12 07:37
    In 1995 the Jehovah's Witness publications changed the 'Awake' text of the prophesy to omit one of their phophetic errors.

    "Why 'Awake' is Published"

    Version from before Nov 8th 1995:
    "Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

    Version after Nov. 8 1995 (the reference to '1914 generation' has been deleted):
    "Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things."

    Why not just admit it was a false phophesy instead of re-writting the words?
  2. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    24 May '12 11:342 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In 1995 the Jehovah's Witness publications changed the 'Awake' text of the prophesy to omit one of their phophetic errors.

    [b]"Why 'Awake' is Published"


    Version from before Nov 8th 1995:
    "Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the even ]

    Why not just admit it was a false phophesy instead of re-writting the words?[/b]
    The same reason why a fisherman would not tell you that his fish is rotten.

    Mark 13:22-23 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

    Christ warned us about false prophets like them, so beware.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    24 May '12 15:07
    This is the biggest argument against the legitimacy of the Watchtower is their own writings. In a court case it would be a slam dunk.




    Manny
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 May '12 15:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In 1995 the Jehovah's Witness publications changed the 'Awake' text of the prophesy to omit one of their phophetic errors.

    [b]"Why 'Awake' is Published"


    Version from before Nov 8th 1995:
    [i]"Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the even ...[text shortened]... ]

    Why not just admit it was a false phophesy instead of re-writting the words?[/b]
    Where exactly is a prophesy being stated here?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    24 May '12 15:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In 1995 the Jehovah's Witness publications changed the 'Awake' text of the prophesy to omit one of their phophetic errors.

    [b]"Why 'Awake' is Published"


    Version from before Nov 8th 1995:
    [i]"Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the even ...[text shortened]... ]

    Why not just admit it was a false phophesy instead of re-writting the words?[/b]
    What is a phophetic error? I have not personally run into such a thing.
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    24 May '12 15:541 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Where exactly is a prophesy being stated here?
    That the 'Creator' promised "a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away".
  7. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 May '12 15:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    That the 'Creator' promised "a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away".
    Who specifically is "this generation" this scripture is speaking of?
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    24 May '12 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Who specifically is "this generation" this scripture is speaking of?
    It's your organisation's prophesy - perhaps you should explain it.

    edit: You consider the text in Awake! magazine to be "scripture"?
  9. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 May '12 16:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's your organisation's prophesy - perhaps you should explain it.

    edit: You consider the text in Awake! magazine to be "scripture"?
    Well the posting here is saying we made a false prophesy did it not? I want to know what this supposed "prophesy" was that we made? We didn't write that scripture that Jesus made that statement in, did we?
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    24 May '12 16:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I want to know what this supposed "prophesy" was that we made?
    That the 'Creator' promised "a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away"
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 May '12 16:111 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well the posting here is saying we made a false prophesy did it not? I want to know what this supposed "prophesy" was that we made? We didn't write that scripture that Jesus made that statement in, did we?
    dude they make it up as they go along, they are spiritual buffet kings, its the way they
    do things, its their currency, 'clearly Jesus was meaning this', why you ask them,
    because i say so! is usually the answer.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    24 May '12 16:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    We didn't write that scripture that Jesus made that statement in, did we?
    You are claiming Jesus promised "a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away"?
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 May '12 16:121 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are claiming Jesus promised "a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away"?
    no he is stating that we did not originate the prophecy, do you have evidence that we
    did originate the prophecy?
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 May '12 16:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dude they make it up as they go along, they are spiritual buffet kings, its the way they
    do things, its their currency, 'clearly Jesus was meaning this', why you ask them,
    because i say so! is usually the answer.
    I know but I always like to see where it takes us. It's something to do. 🙂
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 May '12 16:14
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I know but I always like to see where it takes us. It's something to do. 🙂
    LOL, good luck my brother, watch out for big bad wolves, bad ol putty cats and foxes
    dressed in divejesters clothing.
Back to Top