1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 20:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, my position on Christianity is the same, I really haven't seen anything from the 'fringe', or even from the "anti-God" crowd, that makes me want to question my faith. My faith is still strong. I have seen application in my own life, and my life is actually more abundant now than ever before.

I've always held that evolution was just another i ...[text shortened]... ow I am starting to accept a "pre-Tribulation rapture event". More study is obviously required.
    "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thess, 4:16-18).

Curious why your thinking has been significantly altered in regards to such a rapture, which i took as allegorical.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 09:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another wit ...[text shortened]... inking has been significantly altered in regards to such a rapture, which i took as allegorical.
    There are some that believe it will happen before it gets really bad here, some that
    think it will occur in the middle of the really bad stuff, and others afterwards. Each has
    scripture to back up their claims.

I'm of the opinion if you die before it happens, what difference would it make?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 10:58
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another wit ...[text shortened]... inking has been significantly altered in regards to such a rapture, which i took as allegorical.
    Well, I imagine that you take a majority of the Bible as allegorical, at best. Others, like myself, see guidance, inspiration and real-world relevance.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 11:19
    Well, I imagine that you take a majority of the Bible as allegorical, at best. Others, like myself, see guidance, inspiration and real-world relevance.
    Are you suggesting that something allegorical cannot offer guidance, inspiration and be of real-world relevance?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 23:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you suggesting that something allegorical cannot offer guidance, inspiration and be of real-world relevance?
    No, I'm saying it's not allegorical. Stop putting words in my mouth. This is one of the most annoying things you do.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 23:35
    No, I'm saying it's not allegorical. Stop putting words in my mouth. This is one of the most annoying things you do.
    Not to mention intellectually dishonest.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 01:101 edit
    I didn't put any words in your mouth. I asked you a yes or no question and I used your own words ~ verbatim ~ in order to directly address what you had posted.

Presumably you think some things in the Bible are allegorical, yes?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 08:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    I didn't put any words in your mouth. I asked you a yes or no question and I used your own words ~ verbatim ~ in order to directly address what you had posted.

Presumably you think some things in the Bible are allegorical, yes?
    "Verbatim"... with a twist.

You are a master of the "When did you stop beating your wife?" type of wordplay. I'm not playing your game, If you want to have a real discussion, then stop with the "forum combat". Then you accuse people of "not answering" or "avoiding the question", when they just don't want to play your word games any more. You're being dishonest. You say you just want to discuss, and then you uncork another word game, designed to make me look foolish. So just stop it. If you really want to actually discuss, then put the "gun" down. Otherwise, I'm simply not playing your game.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 09:091 edit
    You are a master of the "When did you stop beating your wife?" type of wordplay. I'm not playing your game.
    But nothing like that has occurred here and no words were put in your mouth.

Ghost of a Duke: Curious why your thinking has been significantly altered in regards to such a rapture, which i took as allegorical.

You then offered this contrast between how GoaD sees it and you see it:

Suzianne:Well, I imagine that you take a majority of the Bible as allegorical, at best. Others, like myself, see guidance, inspiration and real-world relevance.

Thinking that you appeared to be trying to erect some kind of dichotomy between allegory and the things you listed, I sought clarification with a completely non-loaded question:

FMF: Are you suggesting that something allegorical cannot offer guidance, inspiration and be of real-world relevance?

You seem so intent on blurting out stuff about "games" being played and the "dishonesty" of people you disagree with, that you don't seem to recognize 'discussion' when it's staring you in the face.

Could the Bible be allegorical in many parts - including the stuff about "the rapture" - AND, at the same time still offer "guidance, inspiration and real-world relevance"? It's a perfectly reasonable question.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 09:14
    "Verbatim"... with a twist.

You are a master of the "When did you stop beating your wife?" type of wordplay. I'm not playing your game, If you want to have a real discussion, then stop with the "forum combat". Then you accuse people of "not answering" or "avoiding the question", when they just don't want to play your word games any more. You're being ...[text shortened]... want to actually discuss, then put the "gun" down. Otherwise, I'm simply not playing your game.
    Not really a master simply a transparent utilizer of plastic arguments, its termed a loaded question, easy to spot and not very clever, just kick it into touch where it belongs. His entire modus operandi is simply to do just what you have suggested to get you embroiled in defending an argument that has its basis in his slimy fabrications. The solution is simple, kick him into touch, problem solved, panic over and you can have a great time on the site.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 16:54
    The forum has not changed my mind about what I believe in the Bible.
    But some poster are correct that sometimes my reading comprehension of what they wrote is not good.

I'm working on it.
  12. setlagole
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 20:27
    I am new to the public forum. My answer to the question is"NO".
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '16 22:41
    Originally posted by vivify
    Some of you have been debating religion for years. After reading hundreds (or thousands) of posts here, has anyone changed their mind regarding religion? Has any atheist here changed their position to belief, or vice-versa with theists?

Or at the very least, has anyone here changed their mind on the evolution/creation issue? Or was there a particular ...[text shortened]... forum? Atheists, what is the best point against atheism (or for Christianity) that you've seen?
    Odds are if your opinions don't change this place will bake them in. Not sure if that is a
    good thing or not. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree