1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 23:013 edits
    Everyone calm down a bit, anyone would think this is about life and death.

Epovosun, e4chris and karoly axcel are squaring up for a who's the nicest but slightly weird member competition.

Jonneylongwoody has snorted some of RJHinds' meds and has his crucifix and stakes out ready to impale...well anyone who gets in his way actually.

Grampy bobby, checkbaiter and "the poster formerly known as jaywill" are already dialling up the pressure for the longest post in history dance off.

Robbie's got his hammer-house-of-horror ancient manuscripts out again, which is a sure sign the JWs are being persecuted and they will be off on another "piece to you all...ignorant losers" forum fast any minute.

Any they say it's boring in here...
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 23:35
    Originally posted by divegeester

Epovosun, e4chris and karoly axcel are squaring up for a who's the nicest but slightly weird member competition.

Jonneylongwoody has snorted some of RJHinds' meds and has his crucifix and stakes out ready to impale...well anyone who gets in his way actually.

Grampy bobby, ...[text shortened]... you all...ignorant losers" forum fast any minute.

Yes I actually agree with you that it all needs to calm down. But you have to listen to your own advice too you know?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 02:08

Grampy bobby, ...[text shortened]... you all...ignorant losers" forum fast any minute.

As for me, I try to present the person that I am in real life here in cyberspace. I feel this is necessary if we are to communicate anything of any real significance here on this forum.

To me spirituality has always meant that one is at peace with their own conscience. This means being truthful/honest which includes honestly considering all criticisms of ones pov. I felt that I have tried to answer all relevant questions truthfully and to the best of my ability.

I do understand that we are all different, but at the same time, we also have some things that are the same. Other than truthfulness there is originality and creative expression that is another common factor between all Zen masters. ( When I say "Zen masters", I mean "Spiritual people" who are in and of themselves their own authority. Note that they are only master of themselves and nothing or no one else. If some choose to follow them and submit to their authority, it is totally on the follower and not the master. )
    On first viewing there seems to be hardly anything that Zen masters have in common. It is only after careful study that one can see deeper underlying patterns of behaviour with these amazing people. After all one common Zen saying is "copying is death". So one must come up with their own answers for koans, one cannot cheat and get the other guys answers.

Yes I can see why you would label me as "slightly weird" , but given the world we live and what has traditionally been considered "normal" , I would say that the rest of the world is weird in that normalness is based only on material considerations. "Loving your neighbour" , let alone "loving your enemies" is oft repeated within Christian circles, but rarely does it get beyond a good idea and actually established in practice.

The fact that someone like me can be born into this world and allowed to pursue my spiritual interests without being physically punished for it, as say the guys in "Easy Rider" were at the end of that film is extremely exciting and potentially revolutionary for the whole world.

i am no Zen master yet, however once an individual passes the point of "liberation" there is no falling back below that point for the individual as "liberation" refers to ones understanding of their own physical mortality.

This understanding is based on the meaning of the original Indian board game "Snakes and ladders" where each square represents a certain spiritual truth that must be learned by the player before advancing to the next square. "Liberation" comes at around square 90, the top row, which once attained cannot be forgotten by the adept. 100 represents "enlightenment" , which is extremely difficult to attain , but which is the driving force behind all proper orientations of individual divinations.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 02:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    As for me, I try to present the person that I am in real life here in cyberspace. I feel this is necessary if we are to communicate anything of any real significance here on this forum.

To me spirituality has always meant that one is at peace with their own conscience. This means being truthful/honest which includes honestly considering all criticis ...[text shortened]... riving force behind all proper orientations of individual divinations.
    You should be on your guard that you don't allow a demon in to possess you.

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 02:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You should be on your guard that you don't allow a demon in to possess you.

The Instructor
    I am on my guard.

So do you believe that you are unaffected by so-called demons ?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 02:47

What about you?

To me you remind me of the religious version of twhitehead- forever cynical and wary of anything that does not conform to a very prosaic view of the world.

Perhaps you 2 should be in the running for the 'most critical poster' ? 😀

btw, good thread. Anytime someone focuses on who is here and now, alive in the world today, is going in the direction of actual (contemporary) spiritual understanding and not just floundering about with the outdated words of prophets,(etc.), which can be viewed several different ways depending on what one wants to take from it.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 03:53
    I am on my guard.

So do you believe that you are unaffected by so-called demons ?
    Yes, so far, so good.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 03:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, so far, so good.

The Instructor
    What makes you think I am prone to demonic possession?

If you were possessed by a demon, do you think you would tell me or give me the same reassuring answer? ( "Yes, so far, so good" )
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 06:39
    What about you?

To me you remind me of the religious version of twhitehead- forever cynical and wary of anything that does not conform to a very prosaic view of the world.

Perhaps you 2 should be in the running for the 'most critical poster' ? 😀

btw, good thread. Anytime someone focuses on who is here and now, alive in the world today, is ...[text shortened]... etc.), which can be viewed several different ways depending on what one wants to take from it.
    It was meant to be light-hearted and firmly tongue-in-cheek. No offence meant to anyone mentioned.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 06:54
    What about you?
    To me you remind me of the religious version of twhitehead- forever cynical and wary of anything that does not conform to a very prosaic view of the world. Perhaps you 2 should be in the running for the 'most critical poster' ?
    Twhitehead will be so disappointed.

Yes I have become a little cynical over the years and yes very wary. One method of identifying truth is to identify that which is not truth. If you want to be free indeed, and believe that the truth will set you free, then you need to find it. I am a very poor Christian.

IMO to find spirituality is incidental to losing religion; to lose the trappings of organised religion is to be free of one of the major barrier between us an God I.e. man. Yes, I rail against organised religion and yes the JW organisation gets the focus, but only because they are here making outrageous claims, not because they are "the chosen ones" as they like to think. If there were Mormons here or more prominent Catholics I would challenge them too.
  11. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 16:42

And they say it's boring in here...
    haha, i couldn't help but see you read that post like a horse race announcer!

yes, i've seen a few posts about the state of the forums
    it seems pretty active, to me. were these forums more active before?
  12. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 18:51

I am happy to say that the meds have worn off and normal service is resumed.

The whole truth of it is.......no one can win an argument in here.

There are too many holy papers all claiming to be correct and each
    one denouncing the other.

I have gone to join the church of the most high holy pepperoni.
    All hail to the cheese. Beat your breast for the holy herbs and spices.
    Place your trust in the crust. Worship the one and only pepperoni.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree