1. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 16:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Here we have boy racers, mobile discos on wheels, you can hear their sub woofers through ten feet of concentrate.
    We have the same. A TVR with the Missa Salisburgensis blasting out of its open top soon silences girly conveyances of that ilk.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 16:521 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Here is a man who cannot walk or talk or prevent himself drooling...........and cannot tell anyone why he suffers such.

And he is going to tell us how "this cosmos and our existence" came about.

He knows how the cosmos came to be!...... but does not know how he came to be.

Science cannot even create a single living cell................but random chance ...[text shortened]... intelligent source can only come from a foolish dishonest atheist who cannot see past his ego.
    Exactly. And the only purpose to it all to him is to conform to the laws of physics that he has no idea where they came from or how.
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 16:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Exactly. And the only purpose to it all to him is to conform to the laws of physics that he has no idea where they came from or how.
    Why does the universe need a purpose?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 16:58
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Not my understanding, I don't bother gods and they don't bother me.

I have the task of teaching people about certain aspects of science. I have found that firm belief in the christian god, the one in the bible, can hinder a student's ability to do science. This applies especially to the two I have taught who had similar beliefs to yourself. If a person can ...[text shortened]... ts similarly afflicted by Islam, Judaism, Hinduism or any of the other major world religions.
    It is your prejudice against Christianity that clouds your view of your students ability to do science and you will unconsciously hinder those students by your attitude.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:05
    It is your prejudice against Christianity that clouds your view of your students ability to do science and you will unconsciously hinder those students by your attitude.
    You and Dasa seem to have a prejudice against disabled people.

That is what is really shameful.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:081 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    We have been betting on this alleged deity for over 2000 years and look what it has gotten us. Absolutely nothing except religious war after religious war, inquisitions (there is an inquisition office in existence as we speak, in Peru), the Islam attacks on ALL other religions, the forced conversions of native people to christanity in several countries, all every breath in my body.

I don't think we can say the same for the religious community.
    You should blame decline of how well our children do in school now with the removal of the mention of God from the classrooms of state supported public schools. Private religious schools don't seem to have nearly the problem with their educating of the children to perform well and adapt to society as do the state supported public schools.
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:13
    It is the nuttier versions of christianity that I dislike. But the believers in that nuttier version don't like me so that seems entirely fair. I doubt that hinders the majority of my students in any way, shape or form as most seem to be non-religious.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:161 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you realize there is religious extremism. Hey, I am not saying atheists cannot murder but you have to admit for every hundred religious persons, there is one atheist so the amount of damage over the last 2000 years has been in fact caused by religion in one guise or another.

Like I have said for a long time, I want freedom FROM religion. I want to l volumes about religion. If that is your god speaking, I want NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS DESPOT.
    I thought you Democrats believe the government is supposed to help people like that. Why don't you give the freedom to the religious to help who they choose? Don't you want that freedom for yourself?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:291 edit
    Hawking was not born disabled, contrary to popular belief in certain parts of the world, and was in no danger of being aborted because abortion was illegal in Britain at the time. His motor neurone disease only became evident when he was a PhD student.
    That is a minor point, for it makes no difference to me if he was born that way or not. But perhaps he is letting his affliction effect his judgment, since what he is saying now is stupid and does not live up to the hipe he has been given as an intelligent science thinker. I can't help but agree with Dr Lennox, Dr Zacharias, and even Dasa on this subject.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:33
    It is the nuttier versions of christianity that I dislike. But the believers in that nuttier version don't like me so that seems entirely fair. I doubt that hinders the majority of my students in any way, shape or form as most seem to be non-religious.
    Yes, I completely understand that you are only interested in educating those already indoctrinated to your way of thinking. I am sure you would rather not deal with those nutty Christains that have a different worldview.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:41
    Why does the universe need a purpose?
    It is we humans that need a purpose. Otherwise, wouldn't it be best to get it all over by committing suicide? Do you have a purpose? You probably don't even know.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:44
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    You and Dasa seem to have a prejudice against disabled people.

That is what is really shameful.
    I doubt that everything that seems true to you are true in reality.
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 17:532 edits
    I doubt that everything that [b]seems true to you are true in reality.[/b]
    What kind of a statement is that?

First you insult disabled people and now you challenge my
    perception of what is true and what is not.

You are a really hateful person.

How do you know if I'm not disabled?

You know nothing about me. Who I am, how I am or what I do
    or what I don't do.

You are a man full of prejudice. You are the opposite of what you profess to be.

You wouldn't know a true Christian if he came up and bit you in the ass.

You are a despicable character. You owe me an apology and all
    disabled people for your intransigence.

Would you say what you said to a soldier who had returned from the field of
    conflict with horrific injuries that took away his independence?

You disgust me. You're not a Christian. You're just another loony
    American right wing gun nut who knows nothing about service to God
    or your fellow man.
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 18:19
    It is we humans that need a purpose. Otherwise, wouldn't it be best to get it all over by committing suicide? Do you have a purpose? You probably don't even know.
    Why do I need a purpose?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 18:32
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    What kind of a statement is that?

First you insult disabled people and now you challenge my
    perception of what is true and what is not.

You are a really hateful person.

How do you know if I'm not disabled?

You know nothing about me. Who I am, how I am or what I do
    or what I don't do.

You are a man full of prejudice. You are the o ...[text shortened]... ny
    American right wing gun nut who knows nothing about service to God
    or your fellow man.
    I have no prejudice against disabled people. That is your assumption as to what is true about me. What did I say that insulted you as a disabled person other than I do not agree with your concept of God and reality, which is also true of many non-disabled persons?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree