1. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 22:18
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    so the all might deity answers to the name you give him?

Lets call him shep for a while, and see if he brings a stick.
    Now that's what I call an empirical hypothesis.
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 22:22
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Now that's what I call an empirical hypothesis.
    How coincidental. This is from an artical about Taoist Philosophy i put in my private forum only a couple of days ago. . .i think it is apt.

The essential principal has no name, so he tentatively called it Tao, although he realised that naming it was not only inadequate but certrain restrictions were also immediately introduced. Here he came up against a difficulty experienced by other people who have tried to describe the essential principle (there are those within the jewish religion who will not speak the name of God for this reason). In the Muslim religion God is given 99 names. There are of course more than 99 names, but 99 in arabic carries the inherent idea of "many"; as does the term "ten thousand" when used to describe Tao.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 02:34
    Originally posted by Mixo
    In Old Testament days God interacted very publically with humans. In the New Testament there are a few public displays. In the Book of the Apocalypse he promises a big finale VERY SOON, while the Babylonian empire is still all-powerful.
    Then,,,, nothing. Admit it folks. God achieved what only a god could. And then he died. :'(
    His creation lives on and we worship his memory so don't cry. Enjoy what he has left us but don't bank on an afterlife.😏
    Everyone knows he died a long time ago. The Romans got him.
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    14 Jul '06 11:29
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    How coincidental. This is from an artical about Taoist Philosophy i put in my private forum only a couple of days ago. . .i think it is apt.

The essential principal has no name, so he tentatively called it Tao, although he realised that naming it was not only inadequate but certrain restrictions were also immediately introduced. Here he came up ...[text shortened]... ries the inherent idea of "many"; as does the term "ten thousand" when used to describe Tao.
    The Tao that can be Taoed is not the true Tao.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 01:47
    Why would anyone talk to you?
    idk, but you did.
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 08:29
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    idk, but you did.
    *squirms in self-referential contradiction*
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 08:57
    *squirms in self-referential contradiction*
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=47011

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree