1. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 17:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    You say this without even knowing evidence he has come across?
    He said it because that is what you presented as evidence of his authenticity. If you knew it would in no way substantiate his authenticity why did you waste our time telling us all that? He asked you what references the guy had and you gave us nothing. You even admit here that we still do not know what evidence he came across. This suggests that either you too don't know what evidence he came across but are too ashamed to admit it, or you know the evidence is not substantial and you are too ashamed to admit it.
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 18:37
    Happy Easter to all!!

Upon this day of celebration, what say you? Did Jesus rise from the dead and why?
    After watching a documentary about that, I have a theory about that:

I think the Romans that crucified him probably made a freak blunder of taking him down before he was actually dead because they only assumed he must be dead because he looked dead when, in fact, he was merely in an unconscious near-death state.
    Then they put in a tomb and that gave him a chance to recover.
    He later regained consciousness and simply got up, probably being very surprised that he was still alive, and got out the tomb and perhaps had a wash for he must have had a lot of blood on him.

He then talked to some of his followers for a while but, realising that the executioners had made a blunder and fearing that they would realise this if he hang about for too long and might come back to him to finish off the crucifixion properly, he decided to run away and go into permanent hiding and I think just perhaps using a new and false identity in some other land because that is what I would do if I was in that position.

...anyone; any opinions on my theory?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 20:22
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    After watching a documentary about that, I have a theory about that:

I think the Romans that crucified him probably made a freak blunder of taking him down before he was actually dead because they only assumed he must be dead because he looked dead when, in fact, he was merely in an unconscious near-death state.
    Then they put in a tomb and that ...[text shortened]... ause that is what I would do if I was in that position.

...anyone; any opinions on my theory?
    Surviving a Roman crucifixian? 😲

Any evidence of this ever happening in the past?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 20:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He said it because that is what you presented as evidence of his authenticity. If you knew it would in no way substantiate his authenticity why did you waste our time telling us all that? He asked you what references the guy had and you gave us nothing. You even admit here that we still do not know what evidence he came across. This suggests that either y ...[text shortened]... d to admit it, or you know the evidence is not substantial and you are too ashamed to admit it.
    I explained the various ways he extracted information but did not get into specifics. From the information I relayed, what spefics would you like to hear?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 20:321 edit
    I concede no such thing. Where did you get that idea?

[b]For this, there is no debate.

Yes there is. I am not convinced you have proven your case. All we have is third hand reports that the Christians were liars which was part of a debate between Christians and Jews possibly a hundred years after the event.
    So you don't find it odd that the Jews, who were attacking Christians some 100 years later, did not dispute that the tomb was empty?

Who was closer to those events, you are they?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 20:33
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I "conceded" no such thing; moreover, *you* are helping to evangelize the world...so what??? 😕
    So if the disciples of Jesus did not evangalize the world, then who began the process?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 21:293 edits
    So if the disciples of Jesus did not evangalize the world, then who began the process?
    One possibility I haven't mentioned is that perhaps, along with Jesus, the so called "12 disciples" simply didn't exist; and it was the people who 'invented' them that did the evangelising.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 22:56
    Originally posted by Agerg
    One possibility I haven't mentioned is that perhaps, along with Jesus, the so called "12 disciples" simply didn't exist; and it was the people who 'invented' them that did the evangelising.
    What evidence do you have of this? I have provided non-christian witnesses who say that Jesus and the disciples did exist. Where is your evidence to the contrary?
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 23:144 edits
    What evidence do you have of this? I have provided non-christian witnesses who say that Jesus and the disciples did exist. Where is your evidence to the contrary?
    You have presented witnesses? Well in that case, as much as I trust their integrity, I doubt very much either their sanity or their clarity having lived 2000 years so to qualify for having been able to witness any people of that time! 😲

I assume that twhitehead's rebuttals regarding your so called "witnesses" have failed to register...again!
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 06:37
    How many of the witnesses of the Pelennor fields gave their lives for their testimony? As for the witnesses of the resurrection of Christ, we know of 12 ready and willing to die for thier testimony.

Peter was crucified by Nero upside down on Vatican hill. He was then later rumored to have been buried on Vatican hill. You remeber Peter don't you? He as ...[text shortened]... s St. John was the only one not marytred, however, he was later exiled to Patmos for his faith.
    You talk of Pelennor fields as it really existed. I was under the impression
    it was an imaginary place like in Alice in wonderland. Do you know for
    sure it is a real place?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 07:37
    I explained the various ways he extracted information but did not get into specifics. From the information I relayed, what spefics would you like to hear?
    Agerg basically asked you for reasons to suggest the Author knew what he was talking about. You gave some. When Agerg turned those reasons back at you and asked if they were sufficient to trust someone, your response was clearly in the negative. So presumably Agerg wants specifics of information he extracted that would lead us to believe he had a genuine source of reliable information. To start with you could start by giving specifics of what he did that would lead you to believe him.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 07:40
    So you don't find it odd that the Jews, who were attacking Christians some 100 years later, did not dispute that the tomb was empty?
    I don't have any evidence that they did not dispute it. All we have is a little note in some third party historians note book saying that when Christians announced that Christ has risen from the dead some Jews responded by accusing them of stealing the body then faking it.

Who was closer to those events, you are they?
    I fail to see how this is relevant. Nether them nor I had first hand knowledge of an empty tomb.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 07:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You talk of Pelennor fields as it really existed. I was under the impression
    it was an imaginary place like in Alice in wonderland. Do you know for
    sure it is a real place?
    It was a real place. It clearly says so in the Lord of the Rings (book 3). And there were thousands of witnesses to the main event described, including men, orcs, elves and even a Wizard. Now if you cant trust a Wizard, who can you trust?
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 18:122 edits
    Surviving a Roman crucifixian? 😲

Any evidence of this ever happening in the past?
    I don't know of any -apart from Jesus's case that is!

But see my new thread on “Jesus-didn't-die-on-the-cross-theory”
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 20:05
    It was a real place. It clearly says so in the Lord of the Rings (book 3). And there were thousands of witnesses to the main event described, including men, orcs, elves and even a Wizard. Now if you cant trust a Wizard, who can you trust?
    Oh, now I understand. My youngest son likes Lord of the Rings.
    I'll have to ask him about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree