1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 13:292 edits
    Cast the first post. How many out there think they have never sinned or think they know someone who has never sinned?
  2. USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 14:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    Cast the first post. How many out there think they have never sinned or think they know someone who has never sinned?
    we have all sinned, except maybe some monks in the mountains.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 15:13
    Seems like you might be missing the entire point. Just because one has sinned, doesn't mean that one has to continue sinning. The point is to mature beyond the desire to sin and to live a life of justice, compassion, love, etc.
  4. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 15:42
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Seems like you might be missing the entire point. Just because one has sinned, doesn't mean that one has to continue sinning. The point is to mature beyond the desire to sin and to live a life of justice, compassion, love, etc.
    Whodey hasn't made his point yet; he merely asked a question. The issue is whether or not anyone can be spotless, sinless, holy and perfect -- in totality -- from birth to death.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 16:01
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Whodey hasn't made his point yet; he merely asked a question. The issue is whether or not anyone can be spotless, sinless, holy and perfect -- in totality -- from birth to death.
    Do you really think anyone so incapable of understanding what whodey said as to require you to translate?
  6. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 16:51
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Do you really think anyone so incapable of understanding what whodey said as to require you to translate?
    No, I'm just trying to goad you into explaining what in whodey's post you're arguing against exactly.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:09
    Jesus Christ...
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:13
    I told before I know many....
  9. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:15
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    How do you know? Be precise.
  10. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:17
    Furthermore, are you without sin? If not, what hope do you have of getting into heaven?
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:28
    How do you know? Be precise.
    (king James Version)(Luke)

(Lk-1-5)(THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

(Lk-1-6)(And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.)
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:361 edit
    Furthermore, are you without sin? If not, what hope do you have of getting into heaven?
    (king James Version)(Ezekiel)

(Ez-18-21)(But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.)

(Ez-18-22)(All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.)

------------------

(king James Version)(Psalms)

(Ps-103-2)(Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: )

(Ps-103-3)(Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; )

-----------------
    (Nobel-Translation)(Az-Zumar)(o 53 o)(53. Say: "O 'Ibâdî -My slaves- who have transgressed against themselves -by committing evil deeds and sins-! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. )
  13. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:371 edit
    (king James Version)(Luke)

(Lk-1-5)(THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

(Lk-1-6)(And they were both [b]righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless
    .)[/b]
    No one is righteous before God except through faith. Just because they obey all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord does not indicate they are perfectly sinless. For example, no matter how perfectly the OT Jews obeyed God's commandments and ordinances, there was still the necessity for animal sacrifices in order to cover 'the sins of the people'.

EDIT: your quote from Ezekiel underscores my point: obeying commandments and ordinances is done out of faith, and is not an indication that a person is 'sinless'.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:43
    No one is righteous before God except through faith. Just because they obey all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord does not indicate they are perfectly sinless. For example, no matter how perfectly the OT Jews obeyed God's commandments and ordinances, there was still the necessity for animal sacrifices in order to cover 'the sins of the people'.

This proves nothing.
    Sure it proves something. It proves that you don't believe in your own Bible.

The bible say they are righteous before GOD , and you say no one is. So what can I do?

They are blameless as the Bible say, but you don't believe that, so what can I do?

Where in the OT it say no one is righteous before GOD?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:43
    No, I'm just trying to goad you into explaining what in whodey's post you're arguing against exactly.
    Do you really think that "goading" is appropriate? If you have a question, then just ask.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree