1. Earth
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 07:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    Cast the first post. How many out there think they have never sinned or think they know someone who has never sinned?
    I don't think God has given me the authority to judge others. Maybe you think that as a Christian you have the right to do that, but I can not judge others so I don't know who has sinned and who has not.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 13:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    There is no God. Therefore the concept of something separating me from God makes no sense, and sin is meaningless.

Therefore I have never sinned.
    Not even against your fellow man? Has anyone ever sinned against you?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 13:131 edit
    Originally posted by Varqa
    I don't think God has given me the authority to judge others. Maybe you think that as a Christian you have the right to do that, but I can not judge others so I don't know who has sinned and who has not.
    So you think that Romans 3:23 was unfairly judging the entire world saying that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 14:49
    Sin is what seperates us from God. Would'nt you agree? Therefore, what all three religions say in regards to dealing with that sin so that we can again have right standing with God is paramount to our right standing with God. Would'nt you agree? You seem to treat the differences in their theologies regarding how we should deal with our sin as trivial even ...[text shortened]... wered.

Do you believe Christ died for our sins or are you saying he is one road of many?
    They are different descriptions of the same road: overcome sin and live a life of truth, love, justice, compassion, etc. Any other road is death.

Are you a follower of Jesus or of Christianity?
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 16:58
    Whenever we insist on reading contemporary conventional usages of words back into the texts, we are essentially re-writing them. We substitute our shades of understanding for those understood by the original authors, and can thereby artificially restrict the breadth of understandings intended in the original.

The Greek word hamartia, translated as “sin,” refers to any and all human error or failing, fault or flaw, and not strictly moral wrongdoing.

If someone asks: “Have you ever sinned? Have you ever committed a moral wrong?”—I take that , in a Biblical context, as two questions, not one. (Yes, and yes—for those moral voyeurs who want to know.)

aphiemi, the Greek word most often translated as “forgive” means to release, let go, set free, exempt, discharge, put away, dissolve—even, in other Greek writings, divorce (as it is also so translated in 1st Corinthians 7:11-13).

apoluo (also translated as redeem, deliver, release, dismiss, send away) seems to be a somewhat more forceful word, meaning literally to “loose forth.” In Matthew 19:3, 7 & 8 it is translated as “divorce” (same for Mark 10:2 & 4).
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 18:16
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    They are different descriptions of the same road: overcome sin and live a life of truth, love, justice, compassion, etc. Any other road is death.

Are you a follower of Jesus or of Christianity?
    So all roads lead to God so long as they include compassion and love and justice in their message? Why then were the people in the OT condmemned by the prophets for worshiping Baal. After all, the terms Baal means Lord. Why then get so bent out of shape over the distinction between names of the Jewish God and of the god baal? In fact, they offered sacrifices to Baal much like they did to the God of the Bible. What was so inherintly evil about Baal worship? Were they not worshiping God in their own way?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 18:373 edits
    So all roads lead to God so long as they include compassion and love and justice in their message? Why then were the people in the OT condmemned by the prophets for worshiping Baal. After all, the terms Baal means Lord. Why then get so bent out of shape over the distinction between names of the Jewish God and of the god baal? In fact, they offered sacrifi ...[text shortened]... What was so inherintly evil about Baal worship? Were they not worshiping God in their own way?
    Who said "all roads lead to God so long as they include compassion and love and justice in their message?"

You seem to just pull ideas out of the air that have nothing to do with truth. Do you follow the God of truth or the God of whodey?

From what I can tell, Baal was not the God of "truth, love, justice, compassion, etc". Why bring it up?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:01
    Who said "all roads lead to God so long as they include compassion and love and justice in their message?"

You seem to just pull ideas out of the air that have nothing to do with truth. Do you follow the God of truth or the God of whodey?

From what I can tell, Baal was not the God of "truth, love, justice, compassion, etc". Why bring it up?
    What is the God of truth? How can you tell who he is? Why is it not Baal? I am trying to ascertain the line drawn in the sand that says, "This is the true God and this is not." Many simply say that every worship of God or a god is the same path to the real God.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:06
    Cast the first post. How many out there think they have never sinned or think they know someone who has never sinned?
    My response in musical form (it's not me in the video)....

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-619825038231895003&q=martyn+joseph&total=23&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:21
    What is the God of truth? How can you tell who he is? Why is it not Baal? I am trying to ascertain the line drawn in the sand that says, "This is the true God and this is not." Many simply say that every worship of God or a god is the same path to the real God.
    I suspect that you're intentionally acting dense, but if not perhaps you should start by reading my previous posts.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:244 edits
    I suspect that you're intentionally acting dense, but if not perhaps you should start by reading my previous posts.
    Lets start over shall we? I am merely trying to ascertain what the boundaries are for hearing from the one true God. Does one have to refer to the God of the Bible to be worshping the one and true God?
  12. Earth
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 05:36
    So you think that Romans 3:23 was unfairly judging the entire world saying that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God?
    So you Think Math 25, ad 1 John 3:8-9 are wrong?

The Bible says Job was without sin. How do you explain that?
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 13:023 edits
    Originally posted by Varqa
    So you Think Math 25, ad 1 John 3:8-9 are wrong?

The Bible says Job was without sin. How do you explain that?
    He will say we don't know how to read the Bible, and he will give you his interpretation to prove that Job was a sinner, to prove his point.

That what happen when someone give precedence to faith over what the scripture said.

-------------------

It is clear that Paul is the creator of the idea that every one is born sinner, he is the one who cursed the human race including Jesus himself, and our friends here are fighting to prove he was right.

Paul freed them from any commitment to GOD. He told them that GOD did evey thing for them, and they don't need to do anything. And evey human want that. So they follow him.

Imagin that, someone came and tell you that GOD died for you to make you free, and you don't have to do anything.

-------------------
    EDIT: Jesus himself never talked about Adam,the original sin, or the sinning nature of human.

[ King James Version ]-[ Mt:19:14 ]-[ But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. ]

How could the children be in the kingdom of heaven while they were born in sin. Appearntly Jesus didn't believe that.
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 13:44
    I have never sinned.
  15. Earth
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 16:25
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I have never sinned.
    There you go. Now that settles it. Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree