1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 17:09
    Originally posted by Varqa
    There you go. Now that settles it. Thank you.
    🙂
  2. Earth
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 17:28
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    🙂
    I knew you would like that!
    🙂
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 18:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not even against your fellow man? Has anyone ever sinned against you?
    Nope. No one has ever sinned, ever, because the word is nonsensical.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 23:40
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Jesus Christ...
    Didn't Jesus exhibit the deadly sin of wrath when he lost his cool in the temple?
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 23:52
    So you Think Math 25, ad 1 John 3:8-9 are wrong?

The Bible says Job was without sin. How do you explain that?
    Jesus drank wine, he ate with thugs and thieves, he disobeyed his earthly parents.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 03:38
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]He will say we don't know how to read the Bible, and he will give you his interpretation to prove that Job was a sinner, to prove his point.

That what happen when someone give precedence to faith over what the scripture said.
    No, no, no, it is easily explained away. Muslims got a hold of the holy texts and "corrupted" them. 😛

Just kidding. I have pointed out to you in the example you gave in Luke 1:6 which says that both Zacharias and his wife were said to have been righeous before God and blameless before God. I then showed later on in the chapter where Zacharies lost faith in God's prophesy that his wife would bare a son and because of which, he was struck dumb by the angel until the prophesy had come to fruition. For me, sin is loosing faith, just as Adam and Eve lost faith in the garden of Eden. After all, what was so bad about partaking of fruit? Were they such bad people?

Biblically, it is said that whatever is not of faith is sin and faith is simply agreeing with what God has said and being in agreement with his perfect will. Once we are in line with his perfect will we partake of his perfection and righteousness. For example, Abraham was said to be righteous in God's eyes because of his faith. Likewise, I am righteous and blameless in the eyes of God if I walk in faith as did Zacharies and his wife.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 03:40
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Didn't Jesus exhibit the deadly sin of wrath when he lost his cool in the temple?
    Is wrath a sin? Is anger a sin?
  8. Earth
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 04:19
    No, no, no, it is easily explained away. Muslims got a hold of the holy texts and "corrupted" them. 😛

Just kidding. I have pointed out to you in the example you gave in Luke 1:6 which says that both Zacharias and his wife were said to have been righeous before God and blameless before God. I then showed later on in the chapter where Zacharies lost fai ...[text shortened]... righteous and blameless in the eyes of God if I walk in faith as did Zacharies and his wife.
    Job, Job, Job......
  9. Earth
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 04:23
    Is wrath a sin? Is anger a sin?
    In your previous post you said losing faith is a sin. If "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" is not losing faith, then I don't know what is.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 13:581 edit
    Job, Job, Job......
    I hear Mcdonalds is hiring just down the road.....Sorry, could'nt resist.

First and foremost, just because scripture may not indicate that people have lost faith at various times in no way means that they have not. However, studying the life of Job it seems that he did have his moments. In Job 3:25 we here Job say, "For the thing which I greatly feared the most is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me."
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 13:591 edit
    In your previous post you said losing faith is a sin. If "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" is not losing faith, then I don't know what is.
    Do the scriptures not say tha Christ became sin for us when he was on the cross? There is NO doubt that there was a seperation that occured between the Son and the Father. So what seperates us from the Father? Is it not sin?
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 14:31
    Do the scriptures not say tha Christ became sin for us when he was on the cross? There is NO doubt that there was a seperation that occured between the Son and the Father. So what seperates us from the Father? Is it not sin?
    Wow,
  13. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 14:47
    HEAR,HEAR WELL SAID!!!
  14. Earth
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 16:31
    Are you a lawyer, Whodey?

Your answers to Job question and the sinful Jesus on the Cross really are way out there. I must give it to you. You are truly full of it!

There is no point in me wasting my time with you anymore. As I said earlier, your mind is locked and the key is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean!
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 19:191 edit
    Are you a lawyer, Whodey?

Your answers to Job question and the sinful Jesus on the Cross really are way out there. I must give it to you. You are truly full of it!

There is no point in me wasting my time with you anymore. As I said earlier, your mind is locked and the key is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean!
    Thanks! I will take that as a compliment, but to answer your question, no I am not a lawyer.

As far as your ascertion that I am making all of this up, I can assure you I am not. Blame Isaiah and Paul for making it all up.

Isaiah 53:6 "All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way, and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth, he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgement; and who will declare his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him, he has put him to grief; when you will make his soul an offering for sin."

2 Corinthians 5:21 "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

Perhaps I am full of what Isaiah and Paul were which is the Spirit of God himself!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree