Hear the Gospel

Hear the Gospel

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illinois

Moves
31 Oct 08

Would you like an opportunity to hear the Gospel?

Here it is:

Jesus died for sinners on the cross, was buried, and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4). His death was a sacrifice that turns away the wrath of God (1 John 2:2). This is the only way to be saved.

Jesus is the one who died for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). He is the only way to God the Father (John 14;6). He alone reveals God (Matt. 11:27). He has all authority in heaven and earth (Matt. 28:18). It is only through Him that you can be saved from God's wrath (Eph. 2:3). He can forgive you of your sin (Luke 5:20; Matt. 9:2). He can remove the guilt that is upon your soul. Jesus can set you free from the bondage of sin that blinds your eyes, weakens your soul, and brings you to despair. He can do this because He bore sin in His body on the cross (1 Peter. 2:24) that those who trust in Him would be saved.

If you are not a Christian, and want to be delivered from the righteous judgment of God upon you due to your sin against Him, then come to the One who died for the sins of the world. Come to the One who died for sinners (Matt. 11:28). Turn from your sins. Believe and trust in Jesus. Receive Jesus, who is God in flesh, who died and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4) as your Lord and Savior. Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins. Receive Christ (John 1:12). Only He can wash you clean from your sins and only Jesus can deliver you from the righteous judgment of a holy and infinite God. Pray to Jesus. Seek Him. Ask Him to save you.

He will.

Here is a sample prayer you can offer to Jesus. It does not have to be exact, but you will get the idea.

"Lord Jesus, I know that I have sinned against you. I know that I am not perfect and that I cannot please you through my own efforts. I know that I deserve to be judged according to my sins. And, I know that I have nothing to offer you.

"Lord Jesus, I ask you to forgive me of my sins. Please cleanse me and make me right before you. I trust in what you have done on the cross. I do not rely on myself but only on you and I receive you as Lord of my life and as savior of my soul. Lord Jesus, save me. I look to you alone."

p
Patricia

Moves
31 Oct 08

Thank you!

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Would you like an opportunity to hear the Gospel?
I guess that was a rhetorical question.

Illinois

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by rwingett
🙂

Illinois

Moves
01 Nov 08

We are all Sinners

Ecclesiastes 7:20 - "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Romans 3:10 - "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
James 2:10 - "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
James 4:17 - "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

The punishment for our Sin is Death

Ezekiel 18:4 - "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."
John 3:18 - "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
Romans 5:12 - "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
James 1:15 - "Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death."

CHRIST died to Save Sinners

Isaiah 53:5-6 - "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."
Romans 5:8 - "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
1 Corinthians 15:3 - "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures."
1 Timothy 1:15 - "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

CHRIST will save us IF we ask HIM

Psalm 34:4 - "I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
Psalm 34:18 - "The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."
Romans 10:9-10 - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Romans 10:13 - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Assurance of Salvation

John 5:24 - "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."
John 6:39 - "And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day."
John 10:27-28 - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."
1 John 5:11-13 - "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
1 Peter 1:5 - "Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

Sins Forgotten

Psalms 103:12 - "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."
Isaiah 38:17 - "Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back."
Isaiah 43:25 - "I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins."
Hebrews 8:12 - "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."
Hebrews 10:17-18 - "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin."

The time for Salvation is Now

Proverbs 27:1 - "Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."
Proverbs 29:1 - "He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy."
2 Corinthians 6:2 - "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."
Hebrews 3:15 - "While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation."
James 4:14 - "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

Works Profit Nothing

Isaiah 64:6 - "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
Romans 3:28 - "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."
Romans 4:5 - "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."
Galatians 2:16 - "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Titus 3:5 - "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."

Hell

Mark 9:43-44 - "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
Revelation 20:10 - "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
Revelation 20:15 - "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
Revelation 21:8 - "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Illinois

Moves
01 Nov 08

What is Repentance?

In the biblical sense true repentance means you change your mind and reason for living after coming under conviction of your sins and ungodliness before a perfect and righteous God. But God is merciful, and provides you a way to escape punishment for your sins. God offers you the free Gift of salvation (see below – considerations for eternal life). God’s salvation is from an eternal suffering in Hell without God to an eternity of joy in Heaven with God. True Repentance results in your spiritual birth (you are born again) and a new purpose for your life.

When you repent you come under strong conviction of your own sinfulness and guilt. You realize you are unworthy and helpless to stand before a holy and pure God. You also understand and appreciate God's mercy toward you, which is evidenced through the suffering and death of Christ on the cross for you. Yes, Jesus died in your place, and after repentance you will have a strong revulsion against sin. After repentance you will turn from your wicked ways and start a life journey with God. You strive to live a holy life to honor and serve our Lord for the rest of your life. This does not mean you will never sin again. But when you do, you will come under strong conviction to again confess your sins and receive a renewed forgiveness and cleansing.

1 John 1:8-9 - "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Select Bible passages on repentance.

Ezekiel 18:30 - "Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin."
Luke 5:32 - "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
Luke 13:3 - "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
Luke 24:47 - "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations,"
Acts 2:38 - "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Acts 3:19 - "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,"
2 Corinthians 7:10 - "For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death."
2 Peter 3:9 - "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
01 Nov 08

I bet you didn't even give the sample prayer a fair shot.

Moves
01 Nov 08

So much for any semblance of exegesis. 😞

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
.... Receive Jesus, who is God in flesh,
Paul is cursing you for preaching a gospel other than what he preached. Paul never taught that Christ is God in the flesh.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

s

England

Moves
01 Nov 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Paul is cursing you for preaching a gospel other than what he preached. Paul never taught that Christ is God in the flesh.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But th ...[text shortened]... in, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
more to the point its long long winded, and treating us very childish, like, we never read the bible. debate from your knowledge of the truth given to you quotes are easy they are written for you. epiphinehas

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I bet you didn't even give the sample prayer a fair shot.
I think his prayer is an abomination. It requires nothing from the believer but faith and self-abnegation. If I were a christian, I would consider the following, modified prayer to of much more use:

"Lord Jesus, I know that I have sinned. I know that I am not perfect, but that I can change through my own efforts with you as my guide. I know that I deserve to be judged according to my sins. But, I know that there is much that I have to offer you.

"Lord Jesus, I ask you to forgive me of my sins. Please help me cleanse myself and make me right before you. I trust in the path you have shown us. I know that change must come from within myself, but you have given me the strength I need to see it through. Lord Jesus, help me save myself. I look to your guidance and mercy."

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Nov 08

I think his prayer is an abomination. It requires nothing from the believer but faith and self-abnegation. If I were a christian, I would consider the following, modified prayer to of much more use:

"Lord Jesus, I know that I have sinned. I know that I am not perfect, but that I can change through my own efforts with you as my guide. I know that I deserv ...[text shortened]... need to see it through. Lord Jesus, help me save myself. I look to your guidance and mercy."
What are your thoughts on Barack Obama, the Christian? Will you be voting for him?

s

England

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
What are your thoughts on Barack Obama, the Christian? Will you be voting for him?
hes christian???? thought the opposite. maybe i misjudged

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Nov 08

Originally posted by stoker
hes christian???? thought the opposite. maybe i misjudged
Well, black Christians, with a few exceptions, are the true Christians.

s

England

Moves
01 Nov 08
3 edits

Originally posted by kirksey957
Well, black Christians, with a few exceptions, are the true Christians.
thought ide read somewhere he did not belive
ps he doesnt have a middle name damian by any chance!!