1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 14:34
    Originally posted by stoker
    thought ide read somewhere he did not belive
    Come Tuesday the brotha will be walkin on water.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 14:48
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Come Tuesday the brotha will be walkin on water.
    Poor John McCain. He's going to be the first person in history to lose a U.S. presidential election to a black man. How embarrassing.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 15:08
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What are your thoughts on Barack Obama, the Christian? Will you be voting for him?
    Of course. It'll be many years yet before a non-christian candidate can win election to public office in this country. I mean, after all, we still have people like Elizabeth Dole 'smearing' her opponent as being "godless." But if a black man can win the presidency, we must be making some progress. Give it another 50 years, or so.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Of course. It'll be many years yet before a non-christian candidate can win election to public office in this country. I mean, after all, we still have people like Elizabeth Dole 'smearing' her opponent as being "godless." But if a black man can win the presidency, we must be making some progress. Give it another 50 years, or so.
    And it's really going to be embarrassing for the first Christian that loses to an atheist. Just imagine the shame of going into church the Sunday following election week.
  5. Illinois
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 17:40
    Originally posted by Badwater
    So much for any semblance of exegesis. 😞
    There's a time and a place for exegesis. This thread is devoted to sharing the Gospel. It is hearing the word of God itself which imparts faith, generally not exegesis, no matter how brilliant. "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). It occurs to me that there's not enough sharing of the Gospel in these forums.
  6. Illinois
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 18:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Paul is cursing you for preaching a gospel other than what he preached. Paul never taught that Christ is God in the flesh.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    8 But th ...[text shortened]... in, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
    I'm not going to debate this with you here, Raj, but since you brought up Galatians 1:6-9, I will address that.

Here is the Gospel preached by Paul:

"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you— unless you believed in vain.

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures..."

~ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
  7. Illinois
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 18:06
    Originally posted by stoker
    more to the point its long long winded, and treating us very childish, like, we never read the bible. debate from your knowledge of the truth given to you quotes are easy they are written for you. epiphinehas
    I apologize if I've offended your sensibilities, but it is not my intention in this thread to debate anyone. There are plenty of other places in these forums in which to debate. I'm willing to share my testimony along with the word of God, and listen, but not much beyond that.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 18:26
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Yes. Even though I'm a Christian I would certainly like to see any non-Christian candidate take office; Islamic, athiest, whatever. The day when religion can actually be truly separate from state can't come soon enough for me.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 18:31
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    I'm not going to debate this with you here, Raj, but since you brought up Galatians 1:6-9, I will address that.

Here is the Gospel preached by Paul:

"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you— unless you ...[text shortened]... was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures..."

~ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
    Then you are not preaching the gospel preached by Paul.
  10. Illinois
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 19:10
    Then you are not preaching the gospel preached by Paul.
    Your opinion is noted, sir. Thank you.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 20:24
    Here is a sample prayer you can offer to Jesus. It does not have to be exact, but you will get the idea.

"Lord Jesus, I know that I have sinned against you. I know that I am not perfect and that I cannot please you through my own efforts. I know that I deserve to be judged according to my sins. And, I know that I have nothing to offer you.

"Lo ...[text shortened]... you as Lord of my life and as savior of my soul. Lord Jesus, save me. I look to you alone."
    A nice piece of sucking up, but I would expect Jesus to see through the lies. The claim that you have faith and trust in Jesus (a requirement of his) contradicts the claim that you have nothing to offer.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 21:46
    Your opinion is noted, sir. Thank you.
    In addition, your statement 'works profit nothing' is an insult to Christ, who you are hyprocritically asking for forgiveness. He could not have stressed more the importance of works. Over and over He taught 'Love God'. 'Love your neighbour as yourself' and do good works.

Your gospel is not of Christ, but of men.
  13. Illinois
    Moves
    02 Nov '08 02:58
    In addition, your statement 'works profit nothing' is an insult to Christ, who you are hyprocritically asking for forgiveness. He could not have stressed more the importance of works. Over and over He taught 'Love God'. 'Love your neighbour as yourself' and do good works.

Your gospel is not of Christ, but of men.
    If what I wrote is an insult to Christ, as you claim, then the majority of the New Testament must also be an insult to Christ.

This is the true Gospel, sir. Believe and be saved.
  14. Illinois
    Moves
    02 Nov '08 03:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    A nice piece of sucking up, but I would expect Jesus to see through the lies. The claim that you have faith and trust in Jesus (a requirement of his) contradicts the claim that you have nothing to offer.
    Not so. Faith is a gift from God.

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God" (Ephesians 2:8).

Thanks for responding.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '08 10:051 edit
    If what I wrote is an insult to Christ, as you claim, then the majority of the New Testament must also be an insult to Christ.

This is the true Gospel, sir. Believe and be saved.
    Your totally selfish interpretation of the New testament is an insult to Christ. Your entire initial post is about ME ME ME. Your suggested prayer is ME ME ME. Your interpretation of the gospel clearly reflects the greed of man. I want, I want, I want... but I dont want to DO. I just want to sit on my butt and GET GET GET. What a joke your gospel/doctrine is !!!

The teachings of Christ and Paul is about giving, loving, caring, helping. How can you ever fulfil the second greatest commandment 'love thy neighbour as thyself' if you preach that 'works profit nothing'? To demonstrate your love for your fellow man is WORKS.

The teachings of Christ is the way to salvation, and the more you continue to preach that rubbish, the more gullible people you will mislead and the more you will have to answer to on the day of judgment.

Matt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree