Heaven and Hell

Heaven and Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
@Rajk999

On the other hand, I quite like you.

I enjoy your personal robustness and lack of the brittle-jawed pretentious pseudo righteousness we often see posted in here.

I’m sure we would get on fine in real life.

Meanwhile let’s argue 😁
Ok .. trying sweet-talk me now ? That works too. Im certain we will get along if we met face to face over a few drinks. Im very sociable. Thanks for the compliment, but some people cannot handle that aspect of my personality you mentioned so my circle of friends is small, but loyal. I quite like you too, but you need to [sometimes] stand for what is right and for what Christ said. Ok lets argue 😀

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
You cannot read. Jesus never said anyone goes to heaven, as I pointed out my first post, in fact he stated categorically that no man has ascended to heaven. You are foolishly contradicting Christ and in so doing aligning yourself with a doctrine which is Satanic.
You're not hoping to go to Heaven?

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Ok .. trying sweet-talk me now ? That works too. Im certain we will get along if we met face to face over a few drinks. Im very sociable. Thanks for the compliment, but some people cannot handle that aspect of my personality you mentioned so my circle of friends is small, but loyal. I quite like you too, but you need to [sometimes] stand for what is right and for what Christ said. Ok lets argue 😀
I’ve been open in this forum that I don’t consider myself in any way whatsoever, a good or well functioning “Christian”.

It’s amusing sometimes when certain posters accuse me of being a nominal Christian (the JWs are fond of that sleight) and I read it and think to myself, yeah pretty much.

That being said, I do have what I consider to be a strong belief in there being a God and that the Biblical narrative, the moral values expressed and lived, and the accounts of personal redemption carry a core truth which I find appealing. The periods of my life when I have been actively seeking God have certainly changed me over the years.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Nov 20

@yo-its-me said
You're not hoping to go to Heaven?
No. You are hoping to go somewhere that Jesus categorically stated that you NOT GOING TO? I knew something was sadly amiss with your thinking.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Nov 20

@divegeester said
I’ve been open in this forum that I don’t consider myself in any way whatsoever, a good or well functioning “Christian”.

It’s amusing sometimes when certain posters accuse me of being a nominal Christian (the JWs are fond of that sleight) and I read it and think to myself, yeah pretty much.

That being said, I do have what I consider to be a strong belief in there ...[text shortened]... e periods of my life when I have been actively seeking God have certainly changed me over the years.
Your last paragraph alone, even if you fail to be the model Good Samaritan Christian will get you into the Kingdom of God, if you tell people what Jesus preached.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
No. You are hoping to go somewhere that Jesus categorically stated that you NOT GOING TO? I knew something was sadly amiss with your thinking.
There's something about the grammar or your sentence that's confusing me, sorry.

You don't think you can go to Heaven?
What do you imagine Hell is like?

You know how to imagine something don't you!? 😛

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Your last paragraph alone, even if you fail to be the model Good Samaritan Christian will get you into the Kingdom of God, if you tell people what Jesus preached.
Do you prefer 'Kingdom of God' to 'Heaven'

?? Is that it??

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Nov 20

@yo-its-me said
There's something about the grammar or your sentence that's confusing me, sorry.

You don't think you can go to Heaven?
What do you imagine Hell is like?

You know how to imagine something don't you!? 😛
Im not much into fantasizing about abstracts. I deal with the reality of things and in this case it is the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the way. Jesus is the truth. Jesus is the life. If you believe that then please provide a reference where Jesus says that people go to heaven. Thanks.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Im not much into fantasizing about abstracts. I deal with the reality of things and in this case it is the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the way. Jesus is the truth. Jesus is the life. If you believe that then please provide a reference where Jesus says that people go to heaven. Thanks.
What are you doing in this threat then?

For you;
What is heaven like? Here are 7 biblical facts about heaven. It is …

-God's dwelling place (Psalms 33:13).
-Where Christ is today (Acts 1:11).
-Where Christians go when they die (Philippians 1:21-23).
-The Father's house (John 14:2).
-A city designed and built by God (Hebrews 11:10).
-A better country (Hebrews 11:16).
-Paradise (Luke 23:43).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Nov 20
2 edits

@yo-its-me said
What are you doing in this threat then?

For you;
What is heaven like? Here are 7 biblical facts about heaven. It is …

-God's dwelling place (Psalms 33:13).
-Where Christ is today (Acts 1:11).
-Where Christians go when they die (Philippians 1:21-23).
-The Father's house (John 14:2).
-A city designed and built by God (Hebrews 11:10).
-A better country (Hebrews 11:16).
-Paradise (Luke 23:43).
Many of those passages can be twisted and manipulated to mean heaven. But this one is clear

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, .. (John 3:13 KJV)

I answered your other question about hell already.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Many of those passages can be twisted and manipulated to mean heaven. But this one is clear

And ]b]no man[/b] hath ascended up to heaven, .. (John 3:13 KJV)

I answered your other question about hell already.
Carry on.
I can't argue with this.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Nov 20

@yo-its-me said
Carry on.
I can't argue with this.
But you are. Jesus says no man ascended to heaven and you keep saying that you DO. You are arguing with Christ.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Nov 20
2 edits

@rajk999 said
But you are. Jesus says no man ascended to heaven and you keep saying that you DO. You are arguing with Christ.
*sigh*
No.
No human had gone to Heaven except for Jesus at the time of John writing his Gospel.
That doesn't mean no human will ever go to Heaven, or that no human can ever go to Heaven.

Which is irreverent anyway. I didn't ask if you thought you'd go there. I asked what you imagined it was like.

And, the reason why I feel I can't argue (with you) is because of contradictions.
You abstractly take that one sentence and reject the one just a few sentences later that everyone who believes may have eternal life in Him.

To quote avatar, "It is hard to fill a cup that is already full."
To grow, in any sense, one has to be open to hearing new ways of doing things.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
18 Nov 20

@yo-its-me "But what is that grave..."

The death of my body will be the death of me. My brain is the thinking part of me in the same way my lungs are the breathing part of me. Different structures performing different roles and all start to break down at death.

I do not think 'souls' exist. I realize many people think of mind and soul as different things, but for me, there is only the brain and that decays.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@yo-its-me said
*sigh*
No.
No human had gone to Heaven except for Jesus at the time of John writing his Gospel.
That doesn't mean no human will ever go to Heaven, or that no human can ever go to Heaven.

Which is irreverent anyway. I didn't ask if you thought you'd go there. I asked what you imagined it was like.

And, the reason why I feel I can't argue (with you) is because of co ...[text shortened]... at is already full."
To grow, in any sense, one has to be open to hearing new ways of doing things.
Actually no. you want to 'argue' with me, first lets us agree that the teachings of Jesus Christ come first. Start from there otherwise, as you said, carry on. All that will happen is that I will tell you what Jesus said and you will tell me what the church pastor said and it will be a waste of time.

I have no intention of opening my mind to false doctrines promoted by many churches. Been there done that.