1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 15:57
    @rajk999 said
    Actually no. you want to 'argue' with me, first lets us agree that the teachings of Jesus Christ come first. Start from there otherwise, as you said, carry on. All that will happen is that I will tell you what Jesus said and you will tell me what the church pastor said and it will be a waste of time.

I have no intention of opening my mind to false doctrines promoted by many churches. Been there done that.
    Have you really been there?
    Have you ever listened to someone else's understanding of a Biblical passage and let it rest on your heart to see if it felt true?

I've tried to understand you, as I've said before. You being young explains the black and white perspective you appear to have but not the rigidity and it's hard to discuss something when you can't understand the other person's perspective. I can't understand your perspective. Perhaps something is lost in your grammar, loquacious as your answers can be, the meaning is not clear for me. Perhaps I should try harder to work out what you're really saying, but since you're not putting in any effort to understand what anyone here is saying it feels futile to put that much effort in.
    I'm sorry.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 16:19
    @montymoose said
    @yo-its-me "But what is that grave..."

The death of my body will be the death of me. My brain is the thinking part of me in the same way my lungs are the breathing part of me. Different structures performing different roles and all start to break down at death.

I do not think 'souls' exist. I realize many people think of mind and soul as different things, but for me, there is only the brain and that decays.
    I think you're right about the mind. Alzheimer's is proof, isn't it, that the brain deteriorating means a deterioration of the mind.
    I hope souls exist. I feel like I'm more than my body and mind.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 16:58
    @yo-its-me said
    Have you really been there?
    Have you ever listened to someone else's understanding of a Biblical passage and let it rest on your heart to see if it felt true?

I've tried to understand you, as I've said before. You being young explains the black and white perspective you appear to have but not the rigidity and it's hard to discuss something when you can't understand the ...[text shortened]... ort to understand what anyone here is saying it feels futile to put that much effort in.
    I'm sorry.
    Futile indeed. All those personal remarks about me is annoying as well. Notice I dont make any about you, and I stick to the topic. My grammar is absolutely perfect. Paul did say that there is going to be a communication problem with those who are of Satan. So see ya.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '20 18:33
    @yo-its-me

Welcome to the Spirituality Forum

😁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree