1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 21:341 edit
    ========================

One interesting point is that the Bible is a completely biased book.
    Maybe I should write my autobiography to tell my story.
    "Satan's Side"
    I can see it now.

=============================

It is arguable that the Bible is biased.

The book of Job could be called "Equal Time for Those with Complaints Against God's Treatment."

The book of Ecclesiastes could be subtitled "Equal Time to the Pessimistic"

I can think of at least one Psalm of David which ends on a pretty down and sour note.

In Revelation Christ calls His own church "dead". He also says that His church lost thier first love.

Believers are said to be disciplined and punished after the second coming of Christ.

Elsewhere it implies that some Christians will have their names erased from the book of life.

Have you read it ?
  2. Joined
    28 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 11:14
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]========================

One interesting point is that the Bible is a completely biased book.
    Maybe I should write my autobiography to tell my story.
    "Satan's Side"
    I can see it now.

=============================

It is arguable that the Bible is biased.

The book of Job could be called "Equal Time for Those with Compl ...[text shortened]... Christians will have their names erased from the book of life.

Have you read it ?
    Of course I have read the Bible.
    The Bible always protrays God as great, even though, for example, Lot's wife would suggest otherwise.
    Satan is always said as evil for wanting us to do more than worship and walk around naked.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 14:213 edits
    ============================

Of course I have read the Bible.
    The Bible always protrays God as great, even though, for example, Lot's wife would suggest otherwise.
    Satan is always said as evil for wanting us to do more than worship and walk around naked.

===========================

I still think that there is quite a bit of biasness revealed in your attitude.

The Bible always portrays God as holy. But sometimes it portrays God as small - small enough to put in your mouth and eat.

We see Jesus - God incarnate, being discribed like the crumbs of bread that fall off the children's table and are eaten by the little dogs under the table.

We see see - God incarnate, discribed as the manna that fell from the sky - the bread of life.

We see Jesus resisting to be forced by the crowd to be made their king.

We see the Isaraelites in battle shouting so loud that they have the Ark of the Covenant with them that it splits the very ground. What a great great commotion. Yet God is nowhere near them and they suffer a resounding defeat and the Ark of the Covenant is captured by their enemies. What happened to the "great" God of the Ark of the Covenant.

So I think you missed some details. And I think you are too biased to pick up some of these details.

Now we come to Satan. Is Satan always portrayed as evil? Yea, pretty much so. However, in the book of Job we don't see Job complaining against Satan's treatment but against God. In other words the message is that without God's permission Satan could not do what he does.

Now if I had written the Bible I may have made it the other way around in order to distance God from such terrible treatment of Job. But the Bible did not.

We also have the prophet Samuel write five times these words "an evil spirit from the Lord". Wait a minute !! There is not suppose to be any evil spirit sent from the Lord ! Yet the writer says it not once, not twice, but thrice, but five times. It is funny. It is as if Samuel is saying "Yep, you heard me right. I said an evil spirit from the Lord."

There are many many things written in the Bible that Bible lovers, had they written it, probably would have excluded or written another way.

We see Jesus saying "My God Why have you forsaken Me?" How embaressing. You mean the Father was not faithful to the Son of God so that the Son had to cry out for being abandonded.

We see God telling Moses "Leave Me alone." You see God wants to judge the people and He knows that Moses is going to come in and petition for thier sake and soften God's anger. God tells Moses in essence "Leave Me alone so that I may execute my anger on the Israelites. Now don't pray for them and change My Mind."

There is a lot of irony in the Bible if you read it carefully.

Your analysis of Satan's temptation, I think shows too much sympathy towards the Devil. Now show me the instructions from God that He wanted Adam to worship Him. Where is the passage in Genesis before the eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, where God gives instructions for Adam and Eve to WORSHIP God?

I expect you to come back with the specific verse.

Secondly, the Bible says that though the couple was not clothed they were not ashamed. So if there was no sense of shame in them walking around naked then where is the harm?

Thirdly, just because they were not clothed with physical clothes does not mean that they were not clothed. They may have been clothed in a kind of splendid light. The Bible says that God clothes Himself with light as with a garment -

"Bless Jehovah, O my soul. O Jehovah my God, You are very great. You are clothed with majesty and splendor, Wrapped with light as with a garment" (Psalm 104:1)

Some Bible teacher believe that Adam and Eve had a splendid light eminating from within them which functioned as a covering. When they sinned, they believe, this light extinguished and they became aware of their nakedness. It is a speculation.

However, at any rate, before they disobeyed God's command "And both the man and his wife were naked and were not ashamed before each other." (Genesis 2:25)

So your making it an issue of their detriment before it became uncomfortable for them reveals your own big fat bias attitude, not God's.

And lastly, after they did fall one of the first things we are told is that God clothed them. He killed a cattle and clothed them with the covering which was once on the catt;e. So He took care of their new emerging sense of shame, didn't He.

And this covering was a type and symbol of the Son of God being slain at the cross that we may be covered in Him as our righteousness in redemption. So Jesus is called "the Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world" (Revelation 13:8)

This expression indicates that God knew how He would care for man's fallen condition a long long time ago. Such love and affection are the kind of divine "bias" that we should be thankful for.

Perhaps your own bias attitude is being exposed here rather than that of God's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree