1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 08:14
    will people be able to enjoy normal earthly pleasures in heaven? considering there is no sadness in heaven does this mean that many of our pleasures will be banned?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 08:33
    As you have no intention of being there perhaps you could give someone who is going a a signed photo which could be hung somewhere ceremoniously. Not in the darts room of course.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 08:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As you have no intention of being there perhaps you could give someone who is going a a signed photo which could be hung somewhere ceremoniously. Not in the darts room of course.
    good idea, but ive already been kicked out of the vatican for being too sexy, im not sure god would allow a photo of me in case it turns him gay and he then has to send himself to hell.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 15:054 edits
    Somebody please spoon feed Curious George so more !

will people be able to enjoy normal earthly pleasures in heaven? considering there is no sadness in heaven does this mean that many of our pleasures will be banned?

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    ? ? ?
    ????
    ? ??? ? ?

Don't ever read anything of the Bible for yourself Curious George. Just sit there like a overgrown big Baby Huey spouting off inane questions.

Do not pick up a Bible and read for yourself anything, ever.
    How could you be so lazy ? One can only feel sorry for people like this.

You just like to read yourself spouting out questions?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 17:06
    Originally posted by sonship
    Somebody please spoon feed Curious George so more !

[b] ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    ? ? ?
    ????
    ? ??? ? ?

Don't ever read anything of ...[text shortened]... ly feel sorry for people like this.

You just like to read yourself spouting out questions?[/b]
    oooh sonship!! crushing,wounding comments. i am crest fallen and little bit amused that you should call be curious george...its not the first time, my wife's called me it a few times for reasons i can say on here.

anywhooo back on topic...will people be able to enjoy normal earthly pleasures in heaven? claimed by yourself to be a stupid question. ive read that we will have no penis in heaven so thats one earthly pleasure out of the window.

revelation says there will be no crying or pain - i enjoy crying at certain movies (its a wonderful life gets me every flipping time!!) and i enjoy welling up when my kids do something amazing....so thats another earthly pleasure gone.

does no crying mean no sadness? will we be able to reach a certain level of sadness or will it be pure happiness 100% of the time?

i dont think these are stupid questions, but you are entitled to your opinion. you used to be so much more civil when you were jaywill.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 18:14
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    oooh sonship!! crushing,wounding comments. i am crest fallen and little bit amused that you should call be curious george...its not the first time, my wife's called me it a few times for reasons i can say on here.

anywhooo back on topic...will people be able to enjoy normal earthly pleasures in heaven? claimed by yourself to be a stupid question. ive ...[text shortened]... but you are entitled to your opinion. you used to be so much more civil when you were jaywill.
    You don't need to worry about heaven. You need to prepare yourself for the Hellfire. 😏
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 18:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You don't need to worry about heaven. You need to prepare yourself for the Hellfire. 😏
    you'll be there before me old timer.

out of interest, who is in charge of this fire?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 18:34

Can't wait to see his answer....
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 18:49
    Well first those who do get to go to heaven will be spirit beings. They will no longer have the need for the the fleshly things we do here. No need for food or sustenance in any way that we do.
    The Bible says no marriage of any kind which would also mean no procreation, so no mention of them procreating on their own.
    They all have specific assignments such as messengers and no doubt have many more jobs they do such as assistance to humans.
    The bible calls them our spiritual Brothers.

But the Bible does mention what the positions of the ones who do go to heaven will be and that is Judges, Priest and Kings alongside Jesus during his rule.
    The Bible never says that all who die, that are good, will go to heaven.
    The Bible says the "Meek will inherit the earth", not heaven.

So there are going to be 2 groups of spiritual beings in heaven with Jehovah God and his son Jesus.
    The first is of the angels that have been with God for millenniums. The second and newer group are those "chosen ones" or little flock and these are the ones that are "bought from earth" to reign with Jesus for those thousand years as Judges, Priest and Kings over mankind here on earth.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 18:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Can't wait to see his answer....
    Hope it's Texan coal.

I hate the cold.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well first those who do get to go to heaven will be spirit beings. They will no longer have the need for the the fleshly things we do here. No need for food or sustenance in any way that we do.
    The Bible says no marriage of any kind which would also mean no procreation, so no mention of them procreating on their own.
    They all have specific assignment ...[text shortened]... ith Jesus for those thousand years as Judges, Priest and Kings over mankind here on earth.
    thanks for taking the time to explain your view rather than ranting at me for not reading the bible as did our esteemed friend sonship. as you can probably understand and he seems to have missed there are multiple beliefs regarding the after life, so i would have to read every version of the bible to please the different shoots of christianity and other religions.

so your view is that the earth dwellers 'the meek' will live pretty normal lives, they will have happiness,sadness. does this also apply to pain? doesnt god say he will take all pain away?

regarding those of the 144,000 who go to heaven, they are supposed to be the lucky ones, but dont you think it sounds better to be one of the earth dwellers?
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:11
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Hope it's Texan coal.

I hate the cold.
    the funny thing is...us pasty northern europeans pay good money to go on holiday and burn. hellfire sounds ideal. sneak of few fillet steaks in to throw on the fire and cooler full of beer a deck-chair, happy days.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:23

There is no control, the hellfire is out of control and the torment in without ending.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:32
    thanks for taking the time to explain your view rather than ranting at me for not reading the bible as did our esteemed friend sonship. as you can probably understand and he seems to have missed there are multiple beliefs regarding the after life, so i would have to read every version of the bible to please the different shoots of christianity and other ...[text shortened]... sed to be the lucky ones, but dont you think it sounds better to be one of the earth dwellers?
    You don't need to read a bunch of different versions of the Holy Bible. I recomment the New American Standard Bible or the New King James Bible, while comparing the Authorized King James Version and the Amplified Bible to understand unclear parts.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:39
    thanks for taking the time to explain your view rather than ranting at me for not reading the bible as did our esteemed friend sonship. as you can probably understand and he seems to have missed there are multiple beliefs regarding the after life, so i would have to read every version of the bible to please the different shoots of christianity and other ...[text shortened]... sed to be the lucky ones, but dont you think it sounds better to be one of the earth dwellers?
    No problem. Well the Bible explains that we will still be humans on all levels but will eventually have the ability to live on forever just as Adam should have.
    But we will never be immortal as only God, his son Jesus and those choesen ones will be. No mention at all of all humans ever becoming immortal in the Bible.
    So since we will still be human we will still feel pain in the normal sense. We will still get hurt and feel the result of that. God created that in us to know to take our hand out of a fire.
    The pain the Bible is referring to would be the pain of an imperfect life that will no longer be upon us from inheriting sin and from the affects of wickedness from Satan and the humans he would influance that in turn would harm other humans.
    We've had over 6000 years of that and God promisses to rid the earth of that type of pain and suffering.

The ones that are going to heaven are ones that God has chosen. But he would never force anyone to do that and leave the earth and their families if it was something that was not in their hearts to do. This is something they accept with a willing heart.
    It would be a privaledge to do that and to rule with Jesus and to meet him and his Father.
    But most do not want that as we were created to live on the earth and to want to be here.
    I have that desire and hope to see it myself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree