1. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You don't need to read a bunch of different versions of the Holy Bible. I recomment the New American Standard Bible or the New King James Bible, while comparing the Authorized King James Version and the Amplified Bible to understand unclear parts.
    So you do need to read at least four versions? Seems like a bunch to me.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:46
    There is no control, the hellfire is out of control and the torment in without ending.
    who stokes the furnace? who's going to stop me sneaking out for a 5min break?
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:47
    You don't need to read a bunch of different versions of the Holy Bible. I recomment the New American Standard Bible or the New King James Bible, while comparing the Authorized King James Version and the Amplified Bible to understand unclear parts.
    what about the j.w's bible and all the other religions?
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:49
    Why do you suppose that there are multiple versions of the Bible?

Why isn't there just one Bible?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:53
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No problem. Well the Bible explains that we will still be humans on all levels but will eventually have the ability to live on forever just as Adam should have.
    But we will never be immortal as only God, his son Jesus and those choesen ones will be. No mention at all of all humans ever becoming immortal in the Bible.
    So since we will still be human w ...[text shortened]... ed to live on the earth and to want to be here.
    I have that desire and hope to see it myself.
    i dont believe any of this is true, but a good, solid, clear answer non the less. i cant really find any holes to poke.

but i do have one slightly silly question, i think is interesting - what happens to an earth dweller who accidentally gets there head chopped off? do you think a new head grows back?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 19:59
    Originally posted by Kepler
    So you do need to read at least four versions? Seems like a bunch to me.
    No. You can pick any of those four to read. Then as you study and find that you are unclear on the meaning of a certain point then you can refer to the other four or even more to see how they may be worded until you come to a better understanding. I don't think you will have to read all these versions in total, but that might not be a bad idea, if you have the time. The Amplified Bible is more of a paraphrase of the meaning of what is being said rather than trying to be a direct translation like the other three. There seems to be a few errors in the translation of all versions that I am aware of, but that is to be expected I think. However, that should not effect your general understanding of the text.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:08
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    who stokes the furnace? who's going to stop me sneaking out for a 5min break?
    That can not even happen in your dreams. God has made it for Satan and the demons and there is no escape, even for Satan. Sorry man, you ain't getting a cigarette break.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:101 edit
    That can not even happen in your dreams. God has made it for Satan and the demons and there is no escape, even for Satan. Sorry man, you ain't getting a cigarette break.
    so satan is in charge? why didnt you say that in the first place?

why would satan want to torture me?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:11
    what about the j.w's bible and all the other religions?
    You can do without the New World Translation (the JW bible). Leave that one to the experts in apologetics to deal with.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:14
    You can do without the New World Translation (the JW bible). Leave that one to the experts in apologetics to deal with.
    when talking to christians on here many expect me to already know what they believe, i would have to read each version of the bible associated with each of there own individual tastes to keep them happy. thats a lot of religious text, especially if you do most of your reading on the toilet.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:19
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Why do you suppose that there are multiple versions of the Bible?

Why isn't there just one Bible?
    There are many different languages and people like to read it in their own language. So different men and groups have made their own translation for that purpose and also sometimes a small number of groups try to slant their own translation to fit more closely to the way they think it should read.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:21
    so satan is in charge? why didnt you say that in the first place?

why would satan want to torture me?
    He hates you because he is full of hate.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:24
    when talking to christians on here many expect me to already know what they believe, i would have to read each version of the bible associated with each of there own individual tastes to keep them happy. thats a lot of religious text, especially if you do most of your reading on the toilet.
    I guess that is up to you, if that is the way you wish to do it. I, on the other hand, prefer to find a more comfortable place to read and study.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:27
    I guess that is up to you, if that is the way you wish to do it. I, on the other hand, prefer to find a more comfortable place to read and study.
    with two young kids and two dogs running around, the toilet is the most comfortable place to read and study.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 01:38
    i dont believe any of this is true, but a good, solid, clear answer non the less. i cant really find any holes to poke.

but i do have one slightly silly question, i think is interesting - what happens to an earth dweller who accidentally gets there head chopped off? do you think a new head grows back?
    Lol. Maybe if he's lucky he will get a better, smarter one? I need that for sure..
    But seriously all that have died, died for something that killed them wheter it was a sickness, murder, old age, natural disastor, etc.
    If God resurrected you in that same condition, well, you'd die again especially if your head was missing.
    So....he'd have to repair that death dealing situation in order for you to live again. Right?

Thanks for your honest comments...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree