1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 07:15
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Ha!
    So he did.
    Serves me right for ignoring a wall of text...

Where's that embarrassed emoticon?

Ah: there it is...
    😳
    I believe the 'embarrassment emoticon' is flat.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 08:11
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Do you have a faith that you adhere to? If yes, is there a concept of hell and what would it be?
    No, I do not have any faith.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 08:14
    I totally understood your question, I just opted not to delve into something off topic from the OP.
    One of the subtitles in the OP is:
    "Who was hell created for?"
    Why is asking who hell was created for 'off topic'?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 08:242 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Consider the following story. Imagine God as a loving compassionate surgeon. He loves each and every patient that comes into His office, but hates the disease that attacks them. Each day He lovingly treats each case. One day you come into God’s office with a case of gangrene. He loves you so much, but says He must make an amputation to save your life bec ...[text shortened]... ust remove sin or it will consume the entire universe and destroy the happiness of His creation.
    I know we have disagreed a lot lately, but I cannot subscribe to this parallel of atonement. Sin is not cut out out or cut off it has been atoned for, paid for, covered through Christ's obedience.

Furthermore, would the surgeon in your example say to someone who does not what their infected limb removed "that is your choice, but because you have chosen to not allow me to help you, I am going to have to torture you in a flesh-melting hell for eternity"
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 12:261 edit
    The wicked are those who reject God's free gift of salvation.
    You are so far removed from the teachings of Jesus its not funny. In Matt 25 Jesus divided all people into two groups, the righteous and the wicked.

The righteous were those who were charitable and showed love and consideration to their neighbour. These were called into Gods Kingdom. The cursed and wicked were those who did no such thing and who will be destroyed. Christ said these things many many times.

You cannot find any passage in the teachings of Christ and the Apostles that supports your completely fabricated church doctrine that .. The wicked are those who reject God's free gift of salvation
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 13:54
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are so far removed from the teachings of Jesus its not funny. In Matt 25 Jesus divided all people into two groups, the righteous and the wicked.

The righteous were those who were charitable and showed love and consideration to their neighbour. These were called into Gods Kingdom. The cursed and wicked were those who did no such thing and who wil ...[text shortened]... ated church doctrine that .. The wicked are those who reject God's free gift of salvation
    Were you on vacation? I see you haven't changed from your "works " theology.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 14:25
    You believe in Christ with your mouth pal because you deny his teachings and substitute for it the teachings of man. Hypocrites will have no part in the Kingdom of God.

Where in the Bible can you find support for your statement?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 14:29
    If God exists (he doesn't, but if he did) it would indeed be our works and our works alone that determined our salvation or damnation (if such things existed, which they don't).

Unless you are willing to compromise on the qualities you instill in God (all-loving, just etc) then the way we treat each other will be of the utmost importance to him. I'd go even further and say that as a 'good atheist' I will see heaven before a 'bad Christian' (someone who accepts the free gift of salvation but acts poorly).
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:32
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    If God exists (he doesn't, but if he did) it would indeed be our works and our works alone that determined our salvation or damnation (if such things existed, which they don't).

Unless you are willing to compromise on the qualities you instill in God (all-loving, just etc) then the way we treat each other will be of the utmost importance to him. I ...[text shortened]... eaven before a 'bad Christian' (someone who accepts the free gift of salvation but acts poorly).
    My idea of heaven would be looking down into hell and
    seeing Grampy Bobby have to re-read all of his cut-n-pastes.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 15:51
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Unless you are willing to compromise on the qualities you instill in God (all-loving, just etc) then the way we treat each other will be of the utmost importance to him. I ...[text shortened]... eaven before a 'bad Christian' (someone who accepts the free gift of salvation but acts poorly).
    There are two ways to look at this.
    1. The bible says that no one can be saved by works. We cannot earn our way to be approved by God. We have all sinned and fall short of God's standard. All the good works in the world will not out weigh the rottenness that is in us.
    The bible says the heart is at fault, it is incurably sick. There is no remedy. Good works simply adorn the wicked heart we have.
    But at it's core it is still evil. Just like you can clean and dress up a pig to look good, it will go back and wallow in the mud. That is it's nature. In the same way, man's nature is to sin. Greed, lust, immorality resides in the heart (our minds-or the seat of our deepest thoughts).
    2. The other way to see this is God sent his Son to redeem us back from the god of this world(Satan). When we come to Jesus, we are transferred from one Kingdom(the world, the old nature, Satan's Kingdom) to a new Kingdom(that of Jesus where he is now our Lord instead of Satan).
    At the new birth, we receive a "new heart" that wants to please God, thinks on things that are holy and pure. This "new " person wants to do good works and now has the power to do them. it is genuine and the good works are done because of this new nature that wants to do good. It is thankful, kind, etc.
    One is called religion. This is what Rajk is into.
    The latter is called God's Grace which supersedes all else.
    We have to choose to be like the dressed up pig trying to look good or we can submit to Jesus and let Him transform us into what He wants.
    I choose the latter.
    The next question will be, "Are you saying all Christians are good and never sin?
    No, I am not saying that. Even though we have this new nature, now it takes work to be transformed. Romans says this is done by "the renewing of our minds".
    We are still subject to temptation, but so was Jesus. We now have a choice, follow after Jesus and do good or go back to what we were before. Stuck in a rut, subject to our evil desires.
    Now in a way, it sounds like, what is the difference between what Rajk is saying?
    Rajk has it backwards. He is doing the works to obtain salvation, when salvation is a free gift which cannot be earned. There is a big difference.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 18:121 edit
    [b]If God exists (he doesn't, but if he did) it would indeed be our works and our works alone that determined our salvation or damnation (if such things existed, which they don't).
    There are two ways to look at this.
    1. The bible says that no one can be saved by works. We cannot earn our way to be approved by God. We have all sinned and fall short ...[text shortened]... tain salvation, when salvation is a free gift which cannot be earned. There is a big difference.[/b]
    If Christ had truly transformed you and your ilk to be holy and pure and you have a new heart, then why is it that all you people DO is talk about how much you are such filthy sinners?

The truth is that God and Jesus Christ by his death has paved the way for all of mankind to be transformed. Christ has transformed many people, and these are not necessarily those in churches. They are all over the world and in all religions. They live righteously and they do good works that please God.

DOERS [OF GOOD WORKS] ARE JUST BEFORE GOD, NOT TALKERS.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 21:33
    Who do you think the wicked are?
    I dont believe there are any 'wicked', only 'menatally sick people.

Also there is no hell... and no God

But Spirit pervades all
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 21:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I know we have disagreed a lot lately, but I cannot subscribe to this parallel of atonement. Sin is not cut out out or cut off it has been atoned for, paid for, covered through Christ's obedience.

Furthermore, would the surgeon in your example say to someone who does not what their infected limb removed "that is your choice, but because you have cho ...[text shortened]... ot allow me to help you, I am going to have to torture you in a flesh-melting hell for eternity"
    Was this from a different thread?
    Nevertheless I agree, it was a bad analogy
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 06:35
    Was this from a different thread?
    Nevertheless I agree, it was a bad analogy
    No, I was replying to your post earlier in this thread.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 12:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, I was replying to your post earlier in this thread.
    Oh, I see from the link... This analogy would be more appropriate to population as a whole. Like the flood. If God had not acted, there would not have been a true bloodline to bring about the Messiah.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree