1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 02:37
    Many Christians claim that Hell is a state of separation from God, and Heaven is a state of being with God. These are the only two possibilities from what I understand, with the one being horrific torment and the other bliss. If so, what state am I in here on Earth? I suffer neither horrific torment nor constant bliss. Am I with God? Am I separated from God? How come I experience something in between now, yet I must euther experience much much worse or much better after death for the same choices I am making now?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 02:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Many Christians claim that Hell is a state of separation from God, and Heaven is a state of being with God. These are the only two possibilities from what I understand, with the one being horrific torment and the other bliss. If so, what state am I in here on Earth? I suffer neither horrific torment nor constant bliss. Am I with God? Am I separated ...[text shortened]... ther experience much much worse or much better after death for the same choices I am making now?
    This Christian believes that Hell is eternal separation from God, horrific torment?,maybe, don't know...but it is not forever....
    The state you are in now? ...it determines what state you end up in.

As I stated in another thread....

You can be born once and die twice...

or be born twice and die once...
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 03:05
    Many Christians claim that Hell is a state of separation from God, and Heaven is a state of being with God. These are the only two possibilities from what I understand, with the one being horrific torment and the other bliss. If so, what state am I in here on Earth? I suffer neither horrific torment nor constant bliss. Am I with God? Am I separated ...[text shortened]... ther experience much much worse or much better after death for the same choices I am making now?
    he heh. nice little paradox ATY.

as an aside, i am still waiting to see a coherent argument that outlines how one may be deserving of infinite punishment.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 04:03
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This Christian believes that Hell is eternal separation from God, horrific torment?,maybe, don't know...but it is not forever....

"...but it is not forever"

So do we get used to the pain or something?

BTW your horrendous grammar is really making a mess out of your posts.
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 12:00
    All of mankind is born into sin. Sin is a separation from the love of GOD. We can go through life in separation from GOD. Or accept the teachings and the Love that JESUS CHRIST, has shown to all mankind.
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 12:29
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    All of mankind is born into sin. Sin is a separation from the love of GOD. We can go through life in separation from GOD. Or accept the teachings and the Love that JESUS CHRIST, has shown to all mankind.
    As I have said the god you preach about wouldn't deserve love if ,in fact ,it was God,which it isn't. dump the OT junk and start seeking.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 12:43
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    As I have said the god you preach about wouldn't deserve love if ,in fact ,it was God,which it isn't. dump the OT junk and start seeking.
    What ever you are seeking for in life, I truly hope you find it. But if what you are seeking for turns out to be a lie. That man that died and rose from the dead, will be still there offerring Salvation.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 12:55
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    What ever you are seeking for in life, I truly hope you find it. But if what you are seeking for turns out to be a lie. That man that died and rose from the dead, will be still there offerring Salvation.
    WOW! bf ,you surprised me. you just sounded almost like you found it.
  9. Connecticut
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 13:19
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    he heh. nice little paradox ATY.

as an aside, i am still waiting to see a coherent argument that outlines how one may be deserving of infinite punishment.
    They _choose_ to be disconnected from God. Everyone is saved, and those that still choose to "do things their way" even after death, are the ones that are granted eternal seperation from God.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 13:27
    Originally posted by Morren
    They _choose_ to be disconnected from God. Everyone is saved, and those that still choose to "do things their way" even after death, are the ones that are granted eternal seperation from God.
    you make "salvation" sound like choosing to wear the chains of Slavery, Are you sure you ain't talking about eternal Slavation?
    Although its not funny, the yoke's on you. Free yourself and seek the word.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 16:31
    Originally posted by telerion
    "...but it is not forever"

So do we get used to the pain or something?

BTW your horrendous grammar is really making a mess out of your posts.
    such as?
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 18:22
    such as?
    Ok let's not try to fix your grammar. First, let us tackle your reading comprehension.

How does the response, "such as," in anyway follow from the passage you quoted?

I am beginning to think that you may be Darfius in disguise. If you are not him, then certainly you are one of his relatives.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 18:32
    Originally posted by telerion
    Ok let's not try to fix your grammar. First, let us tackle your reading comprehension.

How does the response, "such as," in anyway follow from the passage you quoted?

I am beginning to think that you may be Darfius in disguise. If you are not him, then certainly you are one of his relatives.
    Alright Mr wise man, what grammer are you referring to?
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 19:32
    Alright Mr wise man, what grammer are you referring to?
    First, it's grammar not "grammer." I am not talking about "a thing which 'grams.'"

Now let's examine your post.

This Christian believes that Hell is eternal seperation from God, horrific torment?

Everything is fine until the end where you write, "God, horrific torment?" Because you have used a comma, it appears that 'horrific torment' is an appositive that re-identifies God. This is confusing since your outspoken beliefs elsewhere hold God in much higher regard. The question mark at the end renders the first sentence completly enigmatic.

,maybe, don't know...but it is not forever....
    The state you are in now? . . .

Sentences never begin with commas. "Maybe" should be capitalized. "[M]aybe, don't know . . . " does not follow from the preceding thought. The "..." makes your post read as if you were speaking over CB radio. "[B]ut it is not forever" is ambiguous. What is not forever? I've asked you to address this, but apparently you are as confused by what you wrote as I am. "The state you are in now?" is a fragment. You have a subject, but no verb. Finally, the ellipsis is, once again, unnecessary and incorrect.

it determines what state you end up in.

Other than not capitalizing the 'i' at the beginning of the sentence and ending the sentence with a preposition, this sentence is fine.

Damn those ellipses. Watch this.

As I stated in another thread, "You can be born once and die twice, or you can be born twice and die once."

Normally, I do not raise such a fuss over grammar. We are in an online forum after all. In your case, however, bad writing makes your posts incomprehensible; and, besides, you asked for it.
  15. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '05 19:33
    I think your lifetime here is the opportunity to declare yourself. Are you a person who would choose to be with your creator? Or a person who would rather reject your creator? What other possibilities could there be? You are free to choose, and are given the understanding necessary to make an informed choice.

The horrific torment of hell, by the way, is not so much a punishment as it is simply the nature of being eternally apart from God. Like freezing to death is a consequence of being apart from the winter campfire. Of course with the supernatural, all things are 'super'. All proximity to God is super good and all separation is super bad.

There really is only once choice you make now; to be for God or against. The rest of life follows from this decision. By the way, the choosing to be with or without God is such a personal, inward thing it really supercedes 'religion', as it were. It even supercedes the hearing and receiving of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Jesus' coming and dieing and being resurrected was required by God, to create a way for those who chose to be with Him, to be saved.) Ultimately, God can and does make the judgement about where we stand in regards to Him.

The great thing about receiving Christ as your savior sooner, rather than later, is that you can begin to experience and know that 'being with God', even here on this not-really-God-forsaken planet.

Let's say you were on the outs with your rich Dad. But by his great love for you, and his grace, he gave you a month to decide whether you were going to come back under his roof, the one you so resented as an adolescent and walked away from. He said if you came back you could certainly expect to inherit the estate some day, but...you are just not sure if submitting to his house rules is worth it. Your brother who found it easy to choose, came back the first day and he began to enjoy the fellowship and the comforts of his Dad's home right away. While you struggle with the issue you are still getting those calls from the creditors and trying to fix your own plugged up toilet. Your Dad has even sent someone to be your advocate. He's out front in the limo, waiting to bring you safely home as soon as you want to go. During that month of decision, you are neither with Dad, or without him, but you can be with him as soon as you simply accept his offer of reconciliation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree