1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 02:24
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Can you show me a reference?
    Sure. Joel 3:16. "A stranger shall never enter Jerusalem." This is patently false.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 06:04
    "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for the Lord?"

Jer.32:27

"Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing...."

Job 42:1-2

"And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron."

Jg.1:19

Is God omnipotent or not? The Bible is inconsistent on this issue.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 21:55
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Sure. Joel 3:16. "A stranger shall never enter Jerusalem." This is patently false.
    ????

Joel 3:16
    16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
    (KJV)

16 And the LORD roars from Zion and utters His voice from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earth tremble. But the LORD is a refuge for His people and a stronghold to the sons of Israel.
    (NAS)

16 The LORD will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the sky will tremble. But the LORD will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.
    (NIV)

16 The LORD also will roar from Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem; the heavens and earth will shake; but the LORD will be a shelter for His people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
    (NKJ)

You must have given the wrong verse...
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 22:02
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for the Lord?"

Jer.32:27

"Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing...."

Job 42:1-2

"And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, bec ...[text shortened]... of iron."

Jg.1:19

Is God omnipotent or not? The Bible is inconsistent on this issue.[/b]
    Judges 1:19

[And the Lord was with Judah, and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.]

The whole of this verse is improperly rendered. The first clause, The Lord was with Judah should terminate the 18th verse, and this gives the reason for the success of this tribe: The Lord was with Judah, and therefore he slew the Canaanites that inhabited Zephath, etc., etc. Here then is a complete period: the remaining part of the verse either refers to a different time, or to the rebellion of Judah against the Lord, which caused him to withdraw his support. Therefore the Lord was with Judah, and these were the effects of his protection; but afterward, when the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served Baalim, etc., God was no longer with them, and their enemies were left to be pricks in their eyes, and thorns in their side, as God himself had said.
    This is the turn given to the verse by Jonathan ben Uzziel, the Chaldee paraphrasist: "And the WORD of Yahweh was in the support of the house of Judah, and they extirpated the inhabitants of the mountains; but afterward, WHEN THEY SINNED, they were not able to extirpate the inhabitants of the plain country, because they had chariots of iron." They were now left to their own strength, and their adverseries prevailed against them.
    From a work called the Dhunoor Veda, it appears that the ancient Hindus had war chariots similar to those of the Canaanites. They are described as having many wheels, and to have contained a number of rooms.-- Ward's Customs.
    (from Adam Clarke Commentary)
    I hope you understand that I cannot type out every response and have to resort to C&P from time to time.....
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree