Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 14:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What is evil in your eyes?
    People who.....
    Kelly

I think it is evil to send people to Hell. That is the most evil concept of them all. Hell is a nasty evil idea that should be dumped into the trash can of wrong concepts.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I kn ...[text shortened]... l not God. Satan has blinded people by making them think that God is evil, when he is not evil.
    I'm not an atheist. I just claim to know nothing pertaining to what God is or how it works.. The Christian faith that I grew up in has turned me off since I was a child. The Hell idea tells me that it's a primitive religion with primitive ideas about the nature of goodness. Nothing good in my view comes from torture. I can't get behind a God that displays a mean and touchy attitude about us filthy sinners. To want to become a part of a religion there must be something appealing about the doctrine that reals you in. Something that sounds better than good. It sounds perfect in every way. Christianity leaves me cold because of it's concept of an angry God that needed a Blood sacrafice from His Son before mankind could be forgivin for the sins of Adam and Eve. Wacky is an understatement.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 15:59
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    What dont you understand of "thou shalt not kill"

Its in your own teachings.

Defending animal slaughter is nonsense, and any religion that supports it is bogus, and is cheating the people.
    When it says thou shall not kill it is talking about humans.

Like in genesis God killed an animal instead of adam and eve for a scarifice for them
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 16:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    beef causes cancer as does pork? what about lamb? Jesus ate lamb.
    Maybe but I don't like its taste.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 16:01
    What dont you understand of "thou shalt not kill"

Its in your own teachings.

Defending animal slaughter is nonsense, and any religion that supports it is bogus, and is cheating the people.
    Jesus also took it a little ferther by saying if you hate someone you have killed in your heart.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 20:53
    This is the pathetic level Christians have come, defending animal cruelty.

The Bible is bogus...... and only foolish and insincere persons accept it.
    Are you familiar with the section in Genesis talking about Cain and Abel?

Cain was a farmer, while Abel was a shepherd. They were to both give a sacrifice unto the Lord, and naturally, Cain's sacrifice was the bounty of his harvest, vegetables and such, while Abel's sacrifice was the bounty of his flock, an animal (lamb, sheep, goat, I dunno, it's beside the point).

Abel's sacrifice was pleasing to the Lord, while Cain's was not. Cain grew jealous of Abel, and in his rage, slew him. Cain sinned in the eyes of the Lord because he murdered Abel. If what you say is true, and killing an animal is a sin, then both would have sinned equally, but this is obviously not the case.

You call my book bogus and me foolish and insincere, and yet you claim your book is true, even though you also claim that it has been around for hundreds of thousands of years. Right, yeah, clearly, that's logical.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 21:111 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Cain was a farmer, while Abel was a shepherd. They were to both give a sacrifice unto the Lord, and naturally, Cain's sacrifice was the bounty of his harvest, vegetables and such, while Abel's sacrifice was the bounty of his flock, an animal (lamb, sheep, goat, I dunno, it's besid has been around for hundreds of thousands of years. Right, yeah, clearly, that's logical.
    God didnt like cains because plants aren't really likving things in a biblical sence.

I bet Vishie will not responed.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 21:52
    Originally posted by buckky
    I'm not an atheist. I just claim to know nothing pertaining to what God is or how it works.. The Christian faith that I grew up in has turned me off since I was a child. The Hell idea tells me that it's a primitive religion with primitive ideas about the nature of goodness. Nothing good in my view comes from torture. I can't get behind a God that displays a m ...[text shortened]... n before mankind could be forgivin for the sins of Adam and Eve. Wacky is an understatement.
    I don't see why you don't find hope in a human Sacrifice of Jesus for us. To me there is more hope in this then trying to work for our own salvation.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 22:57
    I don't see why you don't find hope in a human Sacrifice of Jesus for us. To me there is more hope in this then trying to work for our own salvation.
    Why the need for a Blood sacrafice ? Does that not seem somewhat cave man in it's nature? It turns me off. It does not inspire me at all. It seems nuts.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 23:04
    Why the need for a Blood sacrafice ? Does that not seem somewhat cave man in it's nature? It turns me off. It does not inspire me at all. It seems nuts.
    Read "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry. It won't take long, it's a short story. You can even find it online.

Redemption through the Cross is a loving gift from God. You're letting the forest blind you to the trees.
  10. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 23:19
    Read "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry. It won't take long, it's a short story. You can even find it online.

Redemption through the Cross is a loving gift from God. You're letting the forest blind you to the trees.
    What is the forest ?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 23:26
    What is the forest ?
    Actually, I think I got the phrase wrong.

It's supposed to be "You can't see the forest for the trees."

Meaning you are focusing on insignificant details. The value of the whole is more important.
  12. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 00:17
    Actually, I think I got the phrase wrong.

It's supposed to be "You can't see the forest for the trees."

Meaning you are focusing on insignificant details. The value of the whole is more important.
    Those insignificant details sicken me. How can I get past them ? Why don't you become a Hindhu ? I bet there is something about that religion that turns you off ? Something about Christianity turns me off. It's the insignificant details that make or break a religion. Why even have them if they make no difference ? Why even talk of the Blood of Christ ? Why not just jump over the whole story, and just believe in Jesus ? Is that what you are saying ? I thought the main idea was to believe in the Cross as a way to Salvation ? Is the Cross an insignifcant detail ?
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 00:43
    To bad if accoring to the Bible there was no cave man.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 01:35
    When it says thou shall not kill it is talking about humans.

Like in genesis God killed an animal instead of adam and eve for a scarifice for them
    God didn't kill an animal........its a fabricated story.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 01:40

Cain was a farmer, while Abel was a shepherd. They were to both give a sacrifice unto the Lord, and naturally, Cain's sacrifice was the bounty of his harvest, vegetables and such, while Abel's sacrifice was the bounty of his flock, an animal (lamb, sheep, goat, I dunno, it's besid ...[text shortened]... has been around for hundreds of thousands of years. Right, yeah, clearly, that's logical.
    The story is fabricated and not real........so I am not going to comment about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree