1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 16:25
    John 3:16,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever beleived in him may not perish but have eternal life"

Does that infer that in Hell you do not live? You are just, in effect, dead?
  2. An' it harms none...
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 16:27
    Originally posted by genius

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever beleived in him may not perish but have eternal life"

If hell actually existed then it sounds like it doesn't it.
  3. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 16:331 edit
    Originally posted by dags
    If hell actually existed then it sounds like it doesn't it.
    but, well, is hell an actualy physical place then? because, well, noone will be there. so what is this concept of hell we talk about?
  4. An' it harms none...
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 16:44
    but, well, is hell an actualy physical place then? because, well, noone will be there. so what is this concept of hell we talk about?
    There is no hell. It something the christians made up to keep you in line 🙂
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 17:00
    Well don't forget about damnation.
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 17:15

Do a search and you will find Christ gives many references to hell. You will find phrases like "Where the worm dyeth not..."; "eternal suffering".
  7. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 17:161 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Do a search and you will find Christ gives many references to hell. You will find phrases like "Where the worm dyeth not..."; "eternal suffering".
    so, do you live in hell then? that is, if you die and don't go to heaven do you "live" in hell?
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 17:27
    I found a few references for discussion... (KJV)

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
    Mar 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
    Mar 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
    Mat 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
    Mat 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 17:28
    so, do you live in hell then? no you personally...
    ??? At present?
  10. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 17:301 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    ??? At present?
    i meant "you" as in the impersonal. i think i'll edit the post a bit...
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 17:49
    so, do you live in hell then? that is, if you die and don't go to heaven do you "live" in hell?
    Ah. Gotcha. I think my interpretation of the verses I quoted above seem to point in that direction. Also I believe the soul of man to be immortal, so "you" have to "live" somewhere.
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 18:05
    If that were true, we wouldn't teach that you can't make it to heaven on good works. We would teach that if you're a bad boy, there is no forgiveness, only hell.

We teach the grace of God. You make no sense
  13. Earth Prime
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 18:09
    Rom 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life.

Good question. I guess it means separation of the soul from God is death. We don't know about bodies and what is "alive" in these places beyond earth.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 18:38
    Then how come the notion of hell existed before there were any Christians around ?
  15. An' it harms none...
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 18:50
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Then how come the notion of hell existed before there were any Christians around ?
    Because like many other things the christians stole it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree