1. Account suspended
    Joined
    30 Nov '04
    Moves
    25465
    30 Mar '05 13:36
    As above. pffffffft.

    Come on lads.
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    30 Mar '05 14:501 edit
    Originally posted by Mel B
    As above. pffffffft.

    Come on lads.
    Seek your worth in good works--even Christianity teaches this, although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation.

    When you stoop to help a child, then you stand tall; human worth is so measured. Jesus said so.
  3. Graceland.
    Joined
    02 Dec '02
    Moves
    18130
    30 Mar '05 15:52
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Seek your worth in good works--even Christianity teaches this, although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation.

    When you stoop to help a child, then you stand tall; human worth is so measured. Jesus said so.


    Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrifised if man could earn his way into Heaven by good deeds ?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    30 Mar '05 15:58
    Originally posted by pcaspian


    Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrifised if man could earn his way into Heaven by good deeds ?
    Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrificed if his father was omnipotent and could have granted people salvation by decree?
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55349
    30 Mar '05 16:52
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrificed if his father was omnipotent and could have granted people salvation by decree?
    Maybe it was a translational mistake and God wasn't omnipotent at all, but impotent.

    It's happened before!
  6. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    9020
    30 Mar '05 17:16
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Maybe it was a translational mistake and God wasn't omnipotent at all, but impotent.

    It's happened before!
    That kind of explains the "virgin" mary then, but... I don't know. I'm confused.

  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    30 Mar '05 17:23
    Originally posted by Mel B
    As above. pffffffft.

    Come on lads.
    What are your requirements? Tell us what you are wanting.
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Joined
    16 Jun '04
    Moves
    63851
    30 Mar '05 18:14
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What are your requirements? Tell us what you are wanting.
    I agree. You need to tell us what is "worthwhile" for you. What are you looking for in a religion?
  9. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Joined
    28 Feb '05
    Moves
    16344
    30 Mar '05 18:21
    Originally posted by Mel B
    As above. pffffffft.

    Come on lads.
    I vote for a new a religion that worships the laws of physics.

    The technological quest of our race is pretty much based on the accepted truth that there are, in fact, constant laws of physics, at least locally to us. We have no actual proof that there are and history tells us that we will probably never find out. Even if we did prove a basic law, we couldn't prove that we will never disprove it again. I would suggest that if we knew the true laws of physics either couldn't be found or changed randomly and annoyingly, we probably would start to give up looking. We must have faith that there are, indeed, true laws of physics

    In a nutshell then, we have one true constant which denies proof and requires faith, we can study reams of literature discussing what the clues we receive mean, The laws contradict themselves in surprising ways, we can argue endlessly about minute details of our present understanding of them. Putting the laws, as we understand them, into practice brings a tempory happiness and promises a better future for all but best of all, we can kill lots of people with the results of our study. Now THAT is a religion.
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    30 Mar '05 18:38
    Originally posted by Mel B
    As above. pffffffft.

    Come on lads.
    Religion will never get you into heaven. But the faith in JESUS CHRIST will. Try to find CHRIST.HE is near. HE waiting with HIS offer of Salvation for you.
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    30 Mar '05 18:42
    Originally posted by Wheely
    I vote for a new a religion that worships the laws of physics.

    The technological quest of our race is pretty much based on the accepted truth that there are, in fact, constant laws of physics, at least locally to us. We have no actual proof that there are and history tells us that we will probably never find out. Even if we did prove a basic law, we co ...[text shortened]... best of all, we can kill lots of people with the results of our study. Now THAT is a religion.
    Well since GOD created the laws of physics why not worship HIM. If you don't understand the Laws of GOD. You will never undestand the Laws of physics.
  12. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Joined
    28 Feb '05
    Moves
    16344
    30 Mar '05 19:19
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Well since GOD created the laws of physics why not worship HIM. If you don't understand the Laws of GOD. You will never undestand the Laws of physics.
    I was rambling on aimlessly in what, to me, was an amusing manner. However, I think I might be saying that there's very little difference that I can see between the laws of physics and God. They both require faith, deny proof, have fanatical adherants, have moderate adherants, promise the endless happiness etc etc etc. Maybe they are the same thing, Not saying they are, just that they might be. They both, also, may not exist.
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    30 Mar '05 20:04
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrificed if his father was omnipotent and could have granted people salvation by decree?
    Because if He simply overlooked our sins, He wouldn't be worthy of praise or a fair God.

    For instance, are you saying Hitler should have been allowed into Heaven?
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    30 Mar '05 20:55
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Seek your worth in good works--even Christianity teaches this, although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation.

    When you stoop to help a child, then you stand tall; human worth is so measured. Jesus said so.
    Not " even Christianity" that IS Christianity,, Don't ask me what the thumpers are preaching , they mostly quote Paul, it's almost like they're Paulines.
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    30 Mar '05 20:563 edits
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Seek your worth in good works--even Christianity teaches this, although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation.


    Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrifised if man could earn his way into Heaven by good deeds ?
    Please read:

    "although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation."

    Now check your lexicon for the meaning of insufficient.
Back to Top