2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 14:501 edit
    Originally posted by Mel B
    As above. pffffffft.

Come on lads.
    Seek your worth in good works--even Christianity teaches this, although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation.

When you stoop to help a child, then you stand tall; human worth is so measured. Jesus said so.
  3. Graceland.
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 15:52
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Seek your worth in good works--even Christianity teaches this, although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation.

When you stoop to help a child, then you stand tall; human worth is so measured. Jesus said so.

Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrifised if man could earn his way into Heaven by good deeds ?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 15:58
    Originally posted by pcaspian

Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrifised if man could earn his way into Heaven by good deeds ?
    Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrificed if his father was omnipotent and could have granted people salvation by decree?
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 16:52
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Sorry, precisely why did Jesus have to be sacrificed if his father was omnipotent and could have granted people salvation by decree?
    Maybe it was a translational mistake and God wasn't omnipotent at all, but impotent.

It's happened before!
  6. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 17:16
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Maybe it was a translational mistake and God wasn't omnipotent at all, but impotent.

It's happened before!
    That kind of explains the "virgin" mary then, but... I don't know. I'm confused.

7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 17:23
    As above. pffffffft.

Come on lads.
    What are your requirements? Tell us what you are wanting.
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 18:14
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What are your requirements? Tell us what you are wanting.
    I agree. You need to tell us what is "worthwhile" for you. What are you looking for in a religion?
  9. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 18:21
    As above. pffffffft.

Come on lads.
    I vote for a new a religion that worships the laws of physics.

The technological quest of our race is pretty much based on the accepted truth that there are, in fact, constant laws of physics, at least locally to us. We have no actual proof that there are and history tells us that we will probably never find out. Even if we did prove a basic law, we couldn't prove that we will never disprove it again. I would suggest that if we knew the true laws of physics either couldn't be found or changed randomly and annoyingly, we probably would start to give up looking. We must have faith that there are, indeed, true laws of physics

In a nutshell then, we have one true constant which denies proof and requires faith, we can study reams of literature discussing what the clues we receive mean, The laws contradict themselves in surprising ways, we can argue endlessly about minute details of our present understanding of them. Putting the laws, as we understand them, into practice brings a tempory happiness and promises a better future for all but best of all, we can kill lots of people with the results of our study. Now THAT is a religion.
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 18:38
    As above. pffffffft.

Come on lads.
    Religion will never get you into heaven. But the faith in JESUS CHRIST will. Try to find CHRIST.HE is near. HE waiting with HIS offer of Salvation for you.
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 18:42
    Originally posted by Wheely
    I vote for a new a religion that worships the laws of physics.

The technological quest of our race is pretty much based on the accepted truth that there are, in fact, constant laws of physics, at least locally to us. We have no actual proof that there are and history tells us that we will probably never find out. Even if we did prove a basic law, we co ...[text shortened]... best of all, we can kill lots of people with the results of our study. Now THAT is a religion.
    Well since GOD created the laws of physics why not worship HIM. If you don't understand the Laws of GOD. You will never undestand the Laws of physics.
  12. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 19:19
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Well since GOD created the laws of physics why not worship HIM. If you don't understand the Laws of GOD. You will never undestand the Laws of physics.
    I was rambling on aimlessly in what, to me, was an amusing manner. However, I think I might be saying that there's very little difference that I can see between the laws of physics and God. They both require faith, deny proof, have fanatical adherants, have moderate adherants, promise the endless happiness etc etc etc. Maybe they are the same thing, Not saying they are, just that they might be. They both, also, may not exist.
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 20:04
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Because if He simply overlooked our sins, He wouldn't be worthy of praise or a fair God.

For instance, are you saying Hitler should have been allowed into Heaven?
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 20:55

Not " even Christianity" that IS Christianity,, Don't ask me what the thumpers are preaching , they mostly quote Paul, it's almost like they're Paulines.
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 20:563 edits
    Originally posted by pcaspian

Please read:

"although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation."

Now check your lexicon for the meaning of insufficient.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree