Help me find a worth while Religon sunshines.

Help me find a worth while Religon sunshines.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Graceland.

Moves
30 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Please read:

"although some Christians argue that such works are insufficient for salvation."

Now check your lexicon for the meaning of insufficient.

Sorry, I think you are rather significantly understating the tenants on salvation through Christian faith. The utterly vast majority of Christian doctrines supports salvation by faith, not works. It is not 'some' Christians, it is the Christian faith. Attend a Catholic, Anglican, Protestant denomination and the message is resounding "Yes". Christianity does promote good works, but the scriptures (i.e. the texts of the Bible) stipulate faith in Jesus Christ as a requirement for salvation clearly.

The only point of contention is whether faith alone is sufficient for salvation, or faith PLUS works. James is refuting the belief that a person can have faith without producing any good works (James 2:17-18). James is emphasizing the point that genuine faith in Christ will produce a changed life and good works (James 2:20-26). James is not saying that justification is by faith plus works, but rather that a person who is truly justified by faith will have good works in his life.

Sorry for being pedantic about this, but a claim that Christianity does not require a belief in Christ is well... not 'Christianity' 😉

cheers

Pc

MB

Moves
31 Mar 05
2 edits

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
I agree. You need to tell us what is "worthwhile" for you. What are you looking for in a religion?
NUFC and my 5 year old Daughter.

Ps. As for religion? As much sex as possible. pfffffft

Lovejoy.
Taxi.
230-0.
Come on lads.

b

Moves
31 Mar 05

Originally posted by Wheely
I was rambling on aimlessly in what, to me, was an amusing manner. However, I think I might be saying that there's very little difference that I can see between the laws of physics and God. They both require faith, deny proof, have fanatical adherants, have moderate adherants, promise the endless happiness etc etc etc. Maybe they are the same thing, Not saying they are, just that they might be. They both, also, may not exist.
They do exsist. Just look at our bodies. Do we not comform to the laws of physics? Our form our design did not just happen.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
31 Mar 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
They do exsist. Just look at our bodies. Do we not comform to the laws of physics? Our form our design did not just happen.
I don't think you can say "the laws of physics must exist becuase our bodies follow the laws of physics".

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
31 Mar 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
But the faith in JESUS CHRIST will. Try to find CHRIST.HE is near. HE waiting with HIS offer of Salvation for you.[/b]

Isn't he dead?

MB

Moves
01 Apr 05

Originally posted by Maustrauser

Isn't he dead?
I thought that aswell.

Lovejoy.
Back of the net.
1-0.
Come on lads.