1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 08:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You must listen to Grandmaster Jesus if you are going to learn to make the correct spiritual moves in the chess game of life. You will never win the way you are going. The master program is in the Holy Bible. Read and study it diligently. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Yeah that's all very interesting (not) but what chess engine are you using now?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 10:42
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Yeah that's all very interesting (not) but what chess engine are you using now?
    We see people carrying out the work of the devil in both testaments. Job's brethren falsely accused him (4:7-9). The Pharisees falsely accused Jesus (Matt. 12:22-24). Among the sins characteristic of the "last days" is that some will be "false accusers" (2 Tim. 3:3).

Such accusations hurt people's reputations. It is evident that Paul's reputation suffered in the eyes of some of his brethren in the church at Corinth because of false accusations made by his enemies there (2 Cor. 10:2, 10). They apparently even turned Paul's refusal of support from the church there into an accusation (cf. 2 Cor. 11:7-9; 12:13).
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 12:38
    We see people carrying out the work of the devil in both testaments. Job's brethren falsely accused him (4:7-9). The Pharisees falsely accused Jesus (Matt. 12:22-24). [b]Among the sins characteristic of the "last days" is that some will be "false accusers" (2 Tim. 3:3).

Such accusations hurt people's reputations. It is evident that Paul's reputation s ...[text shortened]... refusal of support from the church there into an accusation (cf. 2 Cor. 11:7-9; 12:13).[/b]
    I doubt there's anything anybody could do to damage your reputation you duplicitous blowhard.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 13:42
    I doubt there's anything anybody could do to damage your reputation you duplicitous blowhard.
    I'm just a redneck Christian doing my thing. 😏
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:37
    I'm just a redneck Christian doing my thing. 😏
    Calling yourself a christian doesn't actually make you one, dipstick.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:50
    Calling yourself a christian doesn't actually make you one, dipstick.
    That's Mr. Redneck to you. 😏
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:54
    We see people carrying out the work of the devil in both testaments. Job's brethren falsely accused him (4:7-9). The Pharisees falsely accused Jesus (Matt. 12:22-24). [b]Among the sins characteristic of the "last days" is that some will be "false accusers" (2 Tim. 3:3).

Such accusations hurt people's reputations. It is evident that Paul's reputation s ...[text shortened]... refusal of support from the church there into an accusation (cf. 2 Cor. 11:7-9; 12:13).[/b]
    Revelations 21:8

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

You're gonna burn.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:57
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Revelations 21:8

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, [b]and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

You're gonna burn.[/b]
    I have a Savior. How about you? 😏

9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 16:03

No room in heaven for cheating, lying, fatties Ron. You're gonna burn.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 16:04

If you do, you are saved by the skin of your teeth. You are not a model Christian by any means. You are arrogant and not humble. You profess to be wise, but you speak like a fool. You use the bible unwisely, you use verses out of context, not knowing you hurt the cause more than help. God loves you despite your attitude, but man, take a breath, think before you speak, meditate and ask God to show you where you can be better.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 16:12
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    If you do, you are saved by the skin of your teeth. You are not a model Christian by any means. You are arrogant and not humble. You profess to be wise, but you speak like a fool. You use the bible unwisely, you use verses out of context, not knowing you hurt the cause more than help. God loves you despite your attitude, but man, take a breath, think before you speak, meditate and ask God to show you where you can be better.
    There are more than one part in the body of Christ. So all Christians are not what you call model. Christ needs different kinds and I am the redneck kind. 😏

12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:141 edit
    There are more than one part in the body of Christ. So all Christians are not what you call model. Christ needs different kinds and I am the redneck kind. 😏

Romans 12:9-10
    Good News Translation (GNT)

9 Love must be completely sincere. Hate what is evil, hold on to what is good. 10 Love one another warmly as Christians, and be eager to show respect for one another.

The Greek word phi·lostor·gos, meaning “having tender affection,” is used of a person who is close to another in warm intimacy. One of the roots of this compound term, stergo, is frequently used to denote a natural affection, as between family members. The apostle Paul encouraged Christians to cultivate this quality among all. (Ro 12:10) Paul also indicated that the last days would be characterized by people “having no natural affection” (Gr., stor·goi) and that such persons are deserving of death.—2Ti 3:3; Ro 1:31, 32.

There are many other sriptures that speak of the love and compassion Christians are supposed to have.
    Perhaps you have "missed" all of these in your quest to find scriptures that fit your style of religion and to put others down. If you would like me to send them to you, let me know.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:18
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Perhaps you have "missed" all of these in your quest to find scriptures that fit your style of religion and to put others down.
    Is it possible to be a true Christian if you are not a Jehovah's Witness?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 20:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Romans 12:9-10
    Good News Translation (GNT)

9 Love must be completely sincere. Hate what is evil, hold on to what is good. 10 Love one another warmly as Christians, and be eager to show respect for one another.

The Greek word phi·lostor·gos, meaning “having tender affection,” is used of a person who is close to another in warm intimacy. One of ...[text shortened]... yle of religion and to put others down. If you would like me to send them to you, let me know.
    Yes, I know, for I have quoted Paul's statment in his letter to timothy many times.

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

(2 Timothy 3:1-5 NKJV)

My love is for the brothers in Christ. I do hate what is evil, like Islam. And I hold on to the truth in Christ, like the Triune God, Who is good!

I have no affection for the the proud, the blasphemers, the unthankful, the unholy, the unloving, the unforgiving, the slanders, the headstrong (stubborn), or the haughty. So if that does not suit you, beat me with a rubber hose. 😏
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 20:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is it possible to be a true Christian if you are not a Jehovah's Witness?
    Why do you ask him? He is a Jehovah's Witness, not a Christian. The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe or teach some of the very basic tenets of Christian doctrine.

http://4witness.org/mormon/jwldschr.php

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree