1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 07:03
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Such as ?
    Such as it doesn't apply to women or children.
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 07:15
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Such as it doesn't apply to women or children.
    😉
  3. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 10:34
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Now I'm just calling you a liar. Period.

Vistesd, thank you for your considered first post. It was very interesting and thought-provoking. Unfortunately, you provoked our good fundamentalist friend who is incapable of seeing beyond his pastor-provided cheat sheet of "How to deal with criticism."

Many of us are delighted to have a good debate and don't end up in the gutter quite so quickly as Darfius as when he is feeling upset. The thing that seems to upset him the most is when a Christian thinks about his/her belief. He doesn't seem to be too keen on intellectualizing faith.
  4. Standard memberMayharm
    the Mad
    Jupiter
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 12:09
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

Vistesd, thank you for your considered first post. It was very interesting and thought-provoking. Unfortunately, you provoked our good fundamentalist friend who is incapable of seeing beyond his pastor-provided cheat sheet of "How to deal with criticism."

Many of us are delighted to have a good debate and don't end up in the gutter quite so q ...[text shortened]... istian thinks about his/her belief. He doesn't seem to be too keen on intellectualizing faith.
    Bah, it's simpler than that, darfius has an over-inflated ego.

It's not that he's always right, but that he "knows" that "our" intentions are false, and so should be treated as the serpent's.

It's not that he cant handle criticism, but that he will not countenance alterations to the lord's word, for which HE is the mouthpiece to the ungodly.

Pride is the first sin from which all others flow (I've got that bit right, yes?), so it is with darfius. Worse than the fact that he is full of pride, is the fact that he has a flawed idea of what pride is (or I assume that from the complete lack of humility apparent in his faith).

I'd advise him to speak to his priest about his pride, but as I'm a "serpent" I think it's unlikely he'd heed my advise...for that matter I'd teach him myself, but I doubt my methods would help him any.

MÅ¥HÅRM
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 15:231 edit

Vistesd, thank you for your considered first post. It was very interesting and thought-provoking. Unfortunately, you provoked our good fundamentalist friend who is incapable of seeing beyond his pastor-provided cheat sheet of "How ...[text shortened]... lief. He doesn't seem to be too keen on intellectualizing faith.
    Thank you, Henry.

But now I have to go out and fulfull my newly appointed (anointed?) role as a "false prophet," and whisper in the ears of "baby Christians" in order to totally disillusion them from the truth. You know, I never really considered that kind of career before....🙄
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 19:53

Many of us are delighted to have a good debate and don't end up in the gutter quite so q ...[text shortened]... istian thinks about his/her belief. He doesn't seem to be too keen on intellectualizing faith.
    I don't have a pastor. I'm sorry, where was the debate? He was simply giving his opinion that Jesus Christ died for no reason and I was giving fact back to him. I really don't understand why you think I don't encourage Christians to think about their belief. However, I do not encourage them to waste time on lies.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 19:55
    Originally posted by Mayharm
    Bah, it's simpler than that, darfius has an over-inflated ego.

It's not that he's always right, but that he "knows" that "our" intentions are false, and so should be treated as the serpent's.

It's not that he cant handle criticism, but that he will not countenance alterations to the lord's word, for which HE is the mouthpiece to the ungodly. ...[text shortened]... e...for that matter I'd teach him myself, but I doubt my methods would help him any.

MÅ¥HÅRM
    Am I really that proud? I've apologized everytime I was wrong here. There's a difference between humility and a lack of self esteem.
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 19:55
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Thank you, Henry.

But now I have to go out and fulfull my newly appointed (anointed?) role as a "false prophet," and whisper in the ears of "baby Christians" in order to totally disillusion them from the truth. You know, I never really considered that kind of career before....🙄
    Is this where people are supposed to think I'm crazy? Another nice tactic from Satan, vist, I'm impressed. You're a star pupil.
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 20:01
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Is this where people are supposed to think I'm crazy? Another nice tactic from Satan, vist, I'm impressed. You're a star pupil.
    Why thanks, teach...
  10. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 20:04
    Am I really that proud? I've apologized everytime I was wrong here. There's a difference between humility and a lack of self esteem.
    Maybe if you forgot as well as 'forgave,' you might be viewed as being more humble. This is what you told me in the 'memory in heaven' thread: That's the 2nd apology you owe me. And yes, I do keep track of that. Though I forgive you beforehand on each account.

"Keeping track" of real or perceived slights is not what I envision a person who takes Christ as his example doing.
  11. Standard memberMayharm
    the Mad
    Jupiter
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:23
    "Am I really that proud?"

Yes, you are.

"I've apologized everytime I was wrong here."

By definition, something you've apologised for cannot be something you're proud of. I am therefore, by definition, talking about what you haven't apologised for, or more precisely, for what you are unapologetic about.

" There's a difference between humility and a lack of self esteem."

There's a difference between respect in others eyes and your own, yes.

What has that got to do with anything?

MÅ¥HÅRM
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:42
    Originally posted by Mayharm
    [b]"Am I really that proud?"

Yes, you are.

"I've apologized everytime I was wrong here."

By definition, something you've apologised for cannot be something you're proud of. I am therefore, by definition, talking about what you haven't apologised for, or more precisely, for what you are unapologetic about.

"[/b ...[text shortened]... n respect in others eyes and your own, yes.

What has that got to do with anything?

MÅ¥HÅRM
    Your opinion means very little to me. You seem to confuse unwavering loyalty to God for pride. Which is your own error, not mine.
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:55
    Your opinion means very little to me. You seem to confuse unwavering loyalty to God for pride. Which is your own error, not mine.
    BTW, Are you a "baby Christian," darfius? Can you hear me whispering? "Dis-illiusioning those who seek the truth?" (whisper-whisper-whisper)
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 00:15
    I don't have a pastor. I'm sorry, where was the debate? He was simply giving his opinion that Jesus Christ died for no reason and I was giving fact back to him. I really don't understand why you think I don't encourage Christians to think about their belief. However, I do not encourage them to waste time on lies.
    Why don't you have a pastor? This is shocking to me.
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 00:21
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Why don't you have a pastor? This is shocking to me.
    Haven't found a suitable church. Most are watered down by political correctness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree