Hero

Donationbuckky
Spirituality 01 Apr '10 23:02
  1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 23:02
    Do all religions have a so called God Man at it's core ? I guess Scientology does not, but who else ?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Apr '10 23:19
    Originally posted by buckky
    Do all religions have a so called God Man at it's core ? I guess Scientology does not, but who else ?
    Well I guess if you want to appeal to humans then your going to have to show the infusion of a man or woman with Spirit for that religon to seem appealing.
    After all, if its going to appeal to anyone, religons should be concerned with their audience.
    However it would appear that this God Man is no mere man at all if you take a closer look. the hare krsnas worship a blue guy. I am convinced that there are alien connections in the bible. And the Hindus worship a variety of twisted looking beings that are far from being ordinary humans.(I realize the hares are hindu)
    Then again in bhuddism it could be argued that there is no God man to be at its core. Even though viewed historically it would appear that there was some guy called the bhudda. But "some guy" and "bhudda" should not be held in your mind for even a millisacond if you are a strict adherent of practical bhuddism.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 00:14
    No others. Only Jesus.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 00:201 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    No others. Only Jesus.
    And shouldn't we only be following God, not man?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 00:252 edits
    A Godman is what the Creator intended from the beginning.

And Jesus represents more than merely a "hero" but the standard model of normality.

He is not an enigma but normality. And His salvation is to bring the abnormal into normality.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers ..." (Rom. 8:29)

"Even as He chose us before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love, predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself ..." (Eph. 1:4,5a)

"For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and through whom are all things, in leading many sons into glory, .... for both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brothers ..." (Heb. 2:11)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it abides alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." (John 12:24)

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it has not yet been manifested what we will be. We know that if He is manifested, we will be like Him because we will see Him even as He is." (1 John 3:2)
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 00:28
    L. Ron Hubbard
  7. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 01:44
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    L. Ron Hubbard
    I don't think they worship Hubbard.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 02:50
    I don't think they worship Hubbard.
    Muslims don't worship Mohammed either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree