Hillary on abortion

Hillary on abortion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
I wasn't criticizing you nor did I think you didn't understand that. But I do think that some anti-abortion rhetoric does ignore the fact that sperm and eggs are alive. A popular claim is that assigning right to life at birth is somewhat arbitrary and that conception is a better time to assign it. However one can equally argue that conception is somewhat ...[text shortened]... ical grounds. If Obama made an anti abortion statement whodey would immediately be pro abortion.
It's more like on moral and scientific grounds.

What scientific grounds make abortion morally justifiable for an unborn child?

w

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I hope nobody does. But Whodey is suggesting that Hillary's speech may be crossing the line between free speech and proselytizing against a religious view by the State if she is elected President and continues this kind of thing, because then she will be part of the State. 😏
I simply want to know what Hillary means by saying that religious views MUST be changed.

It makes me very nervous looking at the political landscape. It's to the point now that the POTUS is without any meaningful checks and balances and can pretty much do as he or she pleases with impunity.

F

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by whodey
I simply want to know what Hillary means by saying that religious views MUST be changed.
It means she is seeking to change people's views on this issue. You claim it is "a violation of the separation of church and state". On what constitutional or legal basis do you make this claim?

w

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It means she is seeking to change people's views on this issue. You claim it is "a violation of the separation of church and state". On what constitutional or legal basis do you make this claim?
It depends on how she goes about it.

It seems to me that saying views "MUST" be changed is rather threatening, especially in a federal government where there are no longer and checks and balances to power.

F

Moves
16 May 15

It depends on how she goes about it.

It seems to me that saying views "MUST" be changed is rather threatening, especially in a federal government where there are no longer and checks and balances to power.
What would be an example of 'how she went about it' that would be "a violation of the separation of church and state"?

w

Moves
16 May 15
4 edits

Originally posted by FMF
What would be an example of 'how she went about it' that would be "a violation of the separation of church and state"?
The sky is the limit.

For example, she could try to pass legislation that declared anyone who said abortion was murder would be in violation of hate speech laws.

Want another example? She could coerce pastors/priests to scale back rhetoric about abortion or lose their tax exempt status.

Progs think that the ends justify the means. Of course, their ends are always justifiable because they are enlightened and have a monopoly on all truthiness

F

Moves
16 May 15

For example, she could try to pass legislation that declared anyone who said abortion was murder would be in violation of hate speech laws.

You mean the US Congress would pass this legislation?

Couldn't they also pass legislation to execute anti-abortionists and put Christians in detention camps? You said "the sky's the limit".

F

Moves
16 May 15

Want another example? She could coerce pastors/priests to scale back rhetoric about abortion or lose their tax exempt status.
How would that be "a violation of the separation of church and state"? Surely getting rid of tax exempt status for religious corporations would be a good thing that both you and I could agree on? Then, whether there were differences of political opinion or not would be detached from political tools like tax status.

K

Germany

Moves
16 May 15

If that is when life begins, when should such a life be protected from termination?
When such a life is conscious and/or capable of feeling pain.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
16 May 15

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." ― Ronald Reagan

w

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]For example, she could try to pass legislation that declared anyone who said abortion was murder would be in violation of hate speech laws.

You mean the US Congress would pass this legislation?

Couldn't they also pass legislation to execute anti-abortionists and put Christians in detention camps? You said "the sky's the limit".[/b]
The POTUS does not need Congress to "get things done' anymore.

w

Moves
16 May 15
6 edits

Originally posted by RBHILL
"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." ― Ronald Reagan
Abortions jokes. I love it!!

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

You will never know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did the unborn fetus cross the road?

They moved the dumpster.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Why to Progs favor abortion?

Because they say society can't afford unwanted children and is a drain on the welfare system.

Why then do Progs favor illegal immigration?

Because they are bipolar and incapable of logical, rational, thought.

Besides, they can't hire children to do their landscaping and work at McDonalds for them

Infidel

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

Abortions jokes. I love it!!

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

You will never know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did the unborn fetus cross the road?

They moved the dumpster.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Why to Progs favor ...[text shortened]... ght.

Besides, they can't hire children to do their landscaping and work at McDonalds for them
Ooh, I have one as well:

How much tax is Whodey willing to pay so that all the not aborted unwanted children get a decent home, food and education?

Answer........

Wait for it............

None!!!

Hahaha!!!

Now, I know it's not very funny, but we can't all have Whodey's wit, now can we?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 May 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 5)
"Soul life and physical life are imparted by the Holy Spirit [Neshamah: breath of lives] to a viable fetus [biological life] as it emerges from the mother's womb and takes it's first inhale at the moment of birth [soul life and physical life begin]." Thread 162218 (27 Dec '14: Page 3)"
_____ was given and he became physically alive as a human being. (to be continued with Psalms 139: 13-14)
Originally posted by RJHinds (Page 5)
How do the following verses from the Holy Bible fit into your stated view?
Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."

(Jeremiah 1:4-5 NASB)
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.

(Psalm 139-13-14 NASB)

HalleluYahshua !"

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 5)
"Soul life and physical life are imparted by the Holy Spirit [Neshamah: breath of lives] to a viable fetus [biological life] as it emerges from the mother's womb and takes it's first inhale at the moment of birth [soul life and physical life begin]." Thread 162218 (27 Dec '14: Page 3)"

The word "formed" in the Hebrew of Jeremiah 1:4-5 is "yatsar" which refers to the formation of biological life; "yatsar is preceded by the adverb "before" which indicates a time preceding Jeremiah's biological life and eventual birth. Only the omniscience of God could know and consecrate Jeremiah before his biological life was formed or his soul life was given and he became physically alive as a human being. (to be continued with Psalms 139: 13-14)

Psalms 139:13-14 stands as a tribute to God's omnipotent knowledge and design of each of us before we were in our mother's womb as biological life and human life outside her womb at birth. From eternity past God has known all that is knowable; He knew every person that would be born as well as every event and decision and action of their lives on plant earth. Both your body and soul and mine were designed and created by Him.