1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 May '15 17:25
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    So you want to forbid women from having abortions? Is that right? Be as clear as possible Whodey. This is not light matter. It deserves to be treated as such.
    The issue is protecting human beings.

Yes, I think laws should protect human being from being killed.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 May '15 17:26
    Even when she's in her 8th month of pregnancy?
    When exactly does the Prog fairy wave her magic wand over the unborn child does it make it human?

Courts have not answered this yet they continue to allow it.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 May '15 19:341 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Answer to your first question - As someone who has never justified slavery, I couldn't give you an answer.

Answer to your second question - I'm using the correct terms for 'foetus' and 'child'.
    Answer to your first question - As someone who has never justified slavery, I couldn't give you an answer.

I didn't say you justified slavery. I only asked you if could such rationalizations of de-personing the unborn be similar to the de-personing of a slave.

Now I think the rationalization could be similar.

Answer to your second question - I'm using the correct terms for 'foetus' and 'child'.

I think another danger is to silence the protestations of the human conscience by hiding behind fine points of dictionary words.

I think some eased their consciences about slavery by reasoning along the line of the US Constitution - "Well technically, this black slave is not a 100% PERSON anyway. He or she is only 3/5s of a PERSON."
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '15 04:48
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Using the correct terminology is not 'dehumanising' anything.
    But making up new words with different definitions can and has dehumanized the unborn baby or child.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    10 May '15 14:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    When exactly does the Prog fairy wave her magic wand over the unborn child does it make it human?

Courts have not answered this yet they continue to allow it.
    When exactly does the God fairy wave his magic wand over the sperm cell and ovum and make it human?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 May '15 15:20
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    When exactly does the God fairy wave his magic wand over the sperm cell and ovum and make it human?
    This.

How many of your sperm cells have ended up dead in a condom, Whodey?

How many of your sperm cells have you denied the chance to become a full grown human being?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '15 16:58
    The issue is protecting human beings.

Yes, I think laws should protect human being from being killed.
    It's too bad you anti's didn't pay as much attention to the mother AFTER she is convinced not to abort.

NEXT. Good bye girl, we have REAL people to save.....
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '15 17:00
    Even when she's in her 8th month of pregnancy?
    Obviously you have to limit the time, 1st trimester is the usual case. But it is still the woman's right to control her own body. NOBODY ELSE. PERIOD.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '15 20:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Obviously you have to limit the time, 1st trimester is the usual case. But it is still the woman's right to control her own body. NOBODY ELSE. PERIOD.
    The woman should control her own body, but not someone else's body. Perhaps the woman should have controlled her own body earlier to prevent pregancy.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 May '15 20:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The woman should control her own body, but not someone else's body. Perhaps the woman should have controlled her own body earlier to prevent pregancy.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/10/americas/paraguay-girl-rape-pregnancy/index.html
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '15 21:05
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/10/americas/paraguay-girl-rape-pregnancy/index.html
    Paraguayan Health Minister Antonio Barrios is making the right decision in this case. 😏
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 May '15 21:09
    Paraguayan Health Minister Antonio Barrios is making the right decision in this case. 😏
    You feel that "smug" smiley is appropriate after reading that piece about the 10 year old being raped?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '15 23:23
    You feel that "smug" smiley is appropriate after reading that piece about the 10 year old being raped?
    It was reading that they were not going to force the trauma of the medical operation of abortion on the poor girl that I though the "smug" similey was appropriate.

http://afterabortion.org/2011/abortion-risks-a-list-of-major-psychological-complications-related-to-abortion/
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '15 12:54
    Wait, let me e-mail Hillary so we know what to believe..............
    Or, try answering the question...?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '15 13:20
    It was reading that they were not going to force the trauma of the medical operation of abortion on the poor girl that I though the "smug" similey was appropriate.

http://afterabortion.org/2011/abortion-risks-a-list-of-major-psychological-complications-related-to-abortion/
    You'd rather that little girl relive the trauma of being raped (and at age 10! ) every single day for the rest of her life? That is just sick.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree