1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 14:42
    on his deathbed, if hitler had genuinely felt remorse for what he did, repented and asked god for forgiveness, would it had been given?
  2. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 15:18
    I LOVE Hitler, he was totally rad!
  3. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 16:47
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    I LOVE Hitler, he was totally rad!
    but you're not god
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 22:22
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    on his deathbed, if hitler had genuinely felt remorse for what he did, repented and asked god for forgiveness, would it had been given?
    In theory I see no reason why not.
  5. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 00:03
    What this post is asking is if it's possible to forgive the worst possible transgressions imaginable on the basis of the trangressor genuinely feeling sorry, but what are the odds that someone can do something so intensely inhumane and GENUINELY feel sorry for it?

People really think it makes a difference if a person regrets killing millions of people?

At that point I don't care if he's sorry he should BURN in hell. Andrew Dice Clay one time suggested a punishment for Hitler, I agree with him...
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 02:521 edit
    There is no God, so, no.
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 12:28
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    What this post is asking is if it's possible to forgive the worst possible transgressions imaginable on the basis of the trangressor genuinely feeling sorry, but what are the odds that someone can do something so intensely inhumane and GENUINELY feel sorry for it?

People really think it makes a difference if a person regrets killing millions of peopl ...[text shortened]... URN in hell. Andrew Dice Clay one time suggested a punishment for Hitler, I agree with him...
    It wouldn't be on the basis of his remorse so much as on the basis of the cross. It would not be a case of forgiving what was done either.
    What makes you think that your righteousness will put you in good standing with God anyway? You are just as much in need as hitler of forgiveness.
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 16:24
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    It wouldn't be on the basis of his remorse so much as on the basis of the cross. It would not be a case of forgiving what was done either.
    What makes you think that your righteousness will put you in good standing with God anyway? You are just as much in need as hitler of forgiveness.
    but i didnt cause the deaths of over 50million lives, so you're saying if i'm not a christian i'm as evil as hitler, this cant be true because i respect all life and would not kill for power of glory, therefore your theory is wrong and a pathetic one at that
  9. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 16:261 edit

People really think it makes a difference if a person regrets killing millions of peopl URN in hell. Andrew Dice Clay one time suggested a punishment for Hitler, I agree with him...
    so you're saying he should burn no matter what, what if he killed only one person, would he then be forgiven? at what stage is it beyond forgiveness, 2 lives, million lives, 10 million... there's too many flaws in your logic
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 18:46
    so you're saying he should burn no matter what, what if he killed only one person, would he then be forgiven? at what stage is it beyond forgiveness, 2 lives, million lives, 10 million... there's too many flaws in your logic
    What is the point of hell if Hitler can avoid it by forgiveness? Who is worse than him? Surely if there is a hell (which there isn't) he would go there. Yeah, if you kill anyone you should be there too. Hell is for murderers right?

I forgive someone if they stand me up for plans to hang out and they apologize, not if they kill me in cold blood for being a Jew.
  11. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 18:58
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    WHAT?!?!??

I'm in as much need of forgiveness as hitler? If this is true in your religion then your religion is CRAZY.
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 21:42
    WHAT?!?!??

I'm in as much need of forgiveness as hitler? If this is true in your religion then your religion is CRAZY.
    Yes , it is crazy in a way because it destroys our prideful self righteousness. Something within you wants to say "I could never do what Hitler did" and yet if you had lived his life and been in his shoes how do you know? Also , God is so holy that any lack of righteousness in his sight requires forgiveness (eg the sacrifice of christ). You cannot stand in front of God and claim that your righteousness (as opposed to hitlers) is going to impress God enough to put you right with him.

Of course , God knows the terrible nature of hitler's crimes against humanity and knows that what you have done is nothing compared to this , but in terms of matching up to his holiness you and hitler (and me) are in the same boat and require the covering blood of christ. God also knows that within your heart the ability to be like hitler is there because of your fallen humanity but most of us are in denial about this and say things like " I could never dream of doing that!! ".

The Gospel will always be a scandal to those who seek to stand before God in their own righteousness.
  13. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 21:49
    but i didnt cause the deaths of over 50million lives, so you're saying if i'm not a christian i'm as evil as hitler, this cant be true because i respect all life and would not kill for power of glory, therefore your theory is wrong and a pathetic one at that
    No , I didn't say you were just as evil as hitler but you are no more likely to gain salvation than hitler without recourse to the cross of christ. All have fallen short and although hitler has fallen way shorter than most , you me and everyone cannot match up to God's holiness. If a man like hitler confesses and repents and asks for forgiveness on the basis of christ's sacrifice and you don't do this and go to God under the pretence that you are a good man and he should let you in on the basis of this then you will be in for a shock.

I know this sounds scandalous but hey , that's the gospel , it's not there to make you feel better.
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 21:52
    What is the point of hell if Hitler can avoid it by forgiveness? Who is worse than him? Surely if there is a hell (which there isn't) he would go there. Yeah, if you kill anyone you should be there too. Hell is for murderers right?

I forgive someone if they stand me up for plans to hang out and they apologize, not if they kill me in cold blood for being a Jew.
    There is no "point" to hell , it's just where you will end up if you don't accept the free gift of heaven. You can't buy it with your "goodness" , you just accept it. If hitler accepts it and you don't then that would be the way it was.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 23:20
    If Hitler turned out to be a psychiatric patient in a psychosis. Would he deserve to be remembered differently?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree