hitler

hitler

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
02 Jan 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
No , I didn't say you were just as evil as hitler but you are no more likely to gain salvation than hitler without recourse to the cross of christ. All have fallen short and although hitler has fallen way shorter than most , you me and everyone cannot match up to God's holiness. If a man like hitler confesses and repents and asks for forgiveness on the ...[text shortened]... is sounds scandalous but hey , that's the gospel , it's not there to make you feel better.
lucky i dont believe in it then

JJ

Moves
02 Jan 08

Originally posted by eatmybishop
on his deathbed, if hitler had genuinely felt remorse for what he did, repented and asked god for forgiveness, would it had been given?
Yes

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 08

No , I didn't say you were just as evil as hitler but you are no more likely to gain salvation than hitler without recourse to the cross of christ. All have fallen short and although hitler has fallen way shorter than most , you me and everyone cannot match up to God's holiness. If a man like hitler confesses and repents and asks for forgiveness on the ...[text shortened]... is sounds scandalous but hey , that's the gospel , it's not there to make you feel better.
That's not the Gospel; it's your demented version of Christ's Gospel.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
02 Jan 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
That's not the Gospel; it's your demented version of Christ's Gospel.
and you back this up how?......

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 08

and you back this up how?......
Christ constantly told people not to sin; he never said you could sin like Hitler and then be forgiven just because you "repented".

You're perfectly aware of this IF you've even read the Synoptic Gospels in the most cursory manner.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
02 Jan 08

Christ constantly told people not to sin; he never said you could sin like Hitler and then be forgiven just because you "repented".

You're perfectly aware of this IF you've even read the Synoptic Gospels in the most cursory manner.
He did however say that there was only one sin that could not be forgiven and as far as we know hitler didn't commit it. If hitler genuinely repented then why should he not be forgiven? Was the Son of God not good enough to die for hitler? If the Son of God is slain for sin then all sin is potentially covered. Hitler's crimes were gross and depraved and disgusting , an insult to God's holiness , but have you not realised that Christ become such a reviled thing before God on the cross that God had to abandon him? To say that hitler's sin is too big for God to forgive is to downsize the sacrifice of the son of God himself and say his blood is not "good enough" to cover sin.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 08
2 edits

He did however say that there was only one sin that could not be forgiven and as far as we know hitler didn't commit it. If hitler genuinely repented then why should he not be forgiven? Was the Son of God not good enough to die for hitler? If the Son of God is slain for sin then all sin is potentially covered. Hitler's crimes were gross and depraved e sacrifice of the son of God himself and say his blood is not "good enough" to cover sin.
Why did Christ bother to preach? People like you ignore his life and concentrate on his death. I wish I could remember the source of this sentence, but I read that "the religion of Jesus became a religion about Jesus".

We both know that Jesus never said his death forgave all sins for all time. That remains true no matter how often you keep ignoring that fact. Christ becoming a reviled thing on the cross is another thing that was dreamed up that does not exist in the Gospels. The list of things that you cavalierly state are part of the Gospel that are absent from the actual Gospels is long indeed.

Do you think that Hitler will meet the criteria listed in Matthew 25:31-46?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Do you think that a repented Hitler would have "doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven?"

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
02 Jan 08

Why did Christ bother to preach? People like you ignore his life and concentrate on his death. I wish I could remember the source of this sentence, but I read that "the religion of Jesus became a religion about Jesus".

We both know that Jesus never said his death forgave all sins for all time. That remains true no matter how often you keep ...[text shortened]... eed.

Do you think that Hitler will meet the criteria listed in Matthew 25:31-46?
"This is my blood , shed for the remission of sins"

"Father , why hast thou forsaken me?"

" Any man who comes to me , I will never turn away"

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
02 Jan 08

Originally posted by eatmybishop
on his deathbed, if hitler had genuinely felt remorse for what he did, repented and asked god for forgiveness, would it had been given?
How could anyone possibly know?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 08
1 edit

"This is my blood , shed for the remission of sins"

"Father , why hast thou forsaken me?"

" Any man who comes to me , I will never turn away"
1) Doesn't say all sins for all time; remission suggests prior sins (like those of the Jewish people - it's likely Jesus was speaking metaphorically). Remission itself means to "let go" or forget - it's kinda hard to let go what hasn't happened yet;

2) That proves what? Certainly not what you claimed.

3) Reference, please.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
02 Jan 08

1) Doesn't say all sins for all time; remission suggests prior sins (like those of the Jewish people - it's likely Jesus was speaking metaphorically). Remission itself means to "let go" or forget - it's kinda hard to let go what hasn't happened yet;

2) That proves what? Certainly not what you claimed.

3) Reference, please.
1) What exactly does "prior" mean if you are an eternal God?
2) Shows that the Father was removing himself from jesus and forsaking him - what's your explanation for this?
3) Can't remember exactly where it is but I know it's there.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Jan 08
1 edit

I searched a few translations on www.biblegateway.com but did not find this.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Jan 08

1) What exactly does "prior" mean if you are an eternal God?
2) Shows that the Father was removing himself from jesus and forsaking him - what's your explanation for this?
1) Not that BS again. Jesus didn't hesitate to speak of the past or the future, did he?

2) The plain meaning would be that Jesus, being nailed to a cross, figured that God might have screwed him. Your explanation is a stretch to say the least and is not supported by anything in the text but merely an extension of your prior beliefs being poured into the Gospels.

3) Your scholarship is impressive.

In regards to 2 - Why did Jesus say on the cross: "Forgive them Father; they know not what they do?" According to your theology, God only forgives if one adopts a certain theological position, yet here Jesus is asking God to forgive his killers without exception. Obviously Jesus didn't know about your much better religion.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Jan 08

1) Not that BS again. Jesus didn't hesitate to speak of the past or the future, did he?

2) The plain meaning would be that Jesus, being nailed to a cross, figured that God might have screwed him. Your explanation is a stretch to say the least and is not supported by anything in the text but merely an extension of your prior beliefs being poured into t ...[text shortened]... his killers without exception. Obviously Jesus didn't know about your much better religion.
God forgives and accepts everyone , but not everyone is humble enough to accept forgiveness from God.

On your other point , it seems ridiculous that Jesus died only for the past sins of the Jews , what about the rest of us? Jesus must have died for the whole of humanity over all time otherwise it's nonsense.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
03 Jan 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I searched a few translations on www.biblegateway.com but did not find this.
Probably got the wording slightly wrong but the meaning is clear and not changed.