1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '10 17:221 edit
    Hmm...

What if chess is slightly more than a game, earth merely the parenthetical prelude and the Bible is absolutely true?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 May '10 17:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Hmm...

What if chess is slightly more than a game, earth merely the parenthetical prelude and the Bible is absolutely true?[/b]
    What if chess is merely a game, earth is our one moment and the Bible is just a mythical superhero book?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '10 18:081 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What if chess is merely a game, earth is our one moment and the Bible is just a mythical superhero book?
    Gotta give you the early inside track this time, PK... your RHP chess win percent certainly exceeds mine.

😉
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 May '10 22:01
    [b]Hmm...

What if chess is slightly more than a game, earth merely the parenthetical prelude and the Bible is absolutely true?[/b]
    Then I guess I'm screwed!
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '10 01:56
    [b]Hmm...

Are you talking Book of Revelations stuff? Cause I'm partial to a bit of that-but only partial.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '10 12:56
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Then I guess I'm screwed!
    Occam's razor.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '10 17:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Are you talking Book of Revelations stuff? Cause I'm partial to a bit of that-but only partial.
    Excellent start, Karoly, courageous and bold. Yours truly would be the very last

to ever criticize any (seeking to grasp pitons with certainty) 'Doubting Thomas'.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 May '10 18:45
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Occam's razor.
    I heard of it. One should avoid multiplying entites beyond necessity. Don't entirely understand relevance in this instance though.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '10 22:50
    Excellent start, Karoly, courageous and bold. Yours truly would be the very last

to ever criticize any (seeking to grasp pitons with certainty) 'Doubting Thomas'.
    So...could reveal your next card? Do you have an angle on the Book of Revelations?
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '10 23:14
    I heard of it. One should avoid multiplying entites beyond necessity. Don't entirely understand relevance in this instance though.
    What it would take to construct the cohesion viewed within Scripture, establish a nation, inspire countless millions of people to follow--- and et cetera--- brings the necessity of its one premise, i.e., that the God to which it all points actually exists, to the forefront of all options.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '10 02:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So...could reveal your next card? Do you have an angle on the Book of Revelations?
    I have no interest at all in debating, persuading or selling anyone anything... if, however, you desire

to learn from an eminently qualified teacher I'll be more than happy to help you. Private pm please.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 May '10 02:18
    I have no interest at all in debating, persuading or selling anyone anything... if, however, you desire

to learn from an eminently qualified teacher I'll be more than happy to help you. Private pm please.
    Ok. I may take you up on that in the future. At the moment I'm only interested in 'debating' in the public forum(s). Thanks for the reply all the same.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 May '10 17:29
    What it would take to construct the cohesion viewed within Scripture, establish a nation, inspire countless millions of people to follow--- and et cetera--- brings the necessity of its one premise, i.e., that the God to which it all points actually exists, to the forefront of all options.
    Hmm. I don't see it. I still think it's possible without an infinite being, thus the razor slices him out of the picture. Just my interpretation of course, yours will no doubt differ. (Mind, I could have misunderstood your last post, I had some difficulty wrapping my limited intellect around your prose style)
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 May '10 13:51
    Hmm. I don't see it. I still think it's possible without an infinite being, thus the razor slices him out of the picture. Just my interpretation of course, yours will no doubt differ. (Mind, I could have misunderstood your last post, I had some difficulty wrapping my limited intellect around your prose style)
    Begin with Moses and Israel's departure from Egypt, thus the birthing of the nation. The departure and subsequent logistical support were miraculous in nature, but were a daily part of their lives--- something they talked about as a matter of course throughout their daily routines.

Today, you could likely find just as many Jews who reject the miraculous origins of their beginnings as those who accept the same. But back then? There wasn't a single person who didn't accept the events as facts. The ramifications of just that one massively displayed series of events, in my opinion, is extremely noteworthy.

There are many other historical aspects with varying degrees of compelling impact, but other than the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, I see the Jew as a stumbling block for anyone wishing to dismiss the Bible as anything other than an accurate record of God's interruptions into the history of man.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 May '10 17:35
    Begin with Moses and Israel's departure from Egypt, thus the birthing of the nation. The departure and subsequent logistical support were miraculous in nature, but were a daily part of their lives--- something they talked about as a matter of course throughout their daily routines.

Today, you could likely find just as many Jews who reject the miraculou ...[text shortened]... nything other than an accurate record of God's interruptions into the history of man.
    Well I'm glad that works for you. Personally, I can't swallow the bible as an accurate historical account, and that wrecks the argument in my mind. The way I see it, people are so easily fooled, and others so eager to fool and take advantage of this gullibility for their own ends, that I would need to be a lot closer to a miracle than the bible takes me before I would accept it as a reality. My Jewish ancestry doesn't seem to get in the way of my scepticism!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree