1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 00:47
    Originally posted by amannion
    What's your problem with celebrating christmas as a cultural event?
    I'm an atheist too, but c'mon - it is possible to go overboard with all the rejecting of religious symbolism stuff.
    Christmas is a traditional celebration in christian-oriented societies. It has been for a pretty long time. Aside from the fact that it's a public holiday - and who can ever ...[text shortened]... might be time for you to lighten up a bit ...

... and have a Merry Christmas to boot.
    Merry Christmas to you too.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 05:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    Merry Christmas to you too.
    And to you,Joseph.
    Apparently Bhuddists can celebrate Xmas if they want to. Cool. No harm done. Personally I find the Bhuddas birthday more significant-not that I find any holiday really significant. And if it makes jack of a difference then why not just go with the flow- as the Bhuddists do?

In fact I celebrate everyday. Any day can be a special one and not just the ones that the authorities say we can celebrate. "You can drink on this day and that day and on friday,(and possibly saturday), night . Then you must go back to work and not celebrate." Thats great-no reason for me to think at all..
  3. Joined
    19 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '09 22:20
    What's your problem with celebrating christmas as a cultural event?
    I'm an atheist too, but c'mon - it is possible to go overboard with all the rejecting of religious symbolism stuff.
    Christmas is a traditional celebration in christian-oriented societies. It has been for a pretty long time. Aside from the fact that it's a public holiday - and who can ever ...[text shortened]... might be time for you to lighten up a bit ...

... and have a Merry Christmas to boot.
    Right back at ya my Atheist friend! Merry Christmas and to all a good night, regards, bb.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:083 edits
    Originally posted by 667joe
    As the holiday season approaches, I would like to extend Winter Solstice Greetings to everyone at RHP. Wishing every one good health and good chess for 2010 and beyond!
    Merry CHRISTX to you to. 😀

Now do we dance around a camp fire naked...or is that the summer solstice? You pagans crack me up. I have to say, it makes more since during the summer solstice.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Merry CHRISTX to you to. 😀

Now do we dance around a camp fire naked...or is that the summer solstice? You pagans crack me up. I have to say, it makes more since during the summer solstice.
    What do you mean, it isn't summer everywhere?
    Now that's mind blowing ...
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:24
    What do you mean, it isn't summer everywhere?
    Now that's mind blowing ...
    Just so long as I don't have to witness any of you people dancing around a camp fire naked is all I care about mate.
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just so long as I don't have to witness any of you people dancing around a camp fire naked is all I care about mate.
    Too hot for campfiresin this part of the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree