1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 14:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am still waiting for for you to confirm that you believe humans had nuclear power millions of years ago.
    I can't believe anyone would consider that likely.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 15:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I can't believe anyone would consider that likely.
    Whodey posted it as evidence that evolution was wrong.

But there are people who believe that sort of thing. Dasa for example.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 15:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "... it's just a book"?

"I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalm 138:1-2 Jesus Himself said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but [i]M ...[text shortened]... and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 It's the mind of Christ.
    Well said, God thinks very highly of his word. Just pondering that verse where he has "magnified it above all his name" is something to think about.
    2 Peter 1:20-21
    knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
    NKJV

Gal 1:11-12
    But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
    NKJV

2 Tim 3:16-17
    All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    NKJV
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 16:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you and I are wrong, and Islam is in fact the true revelation of God to mankind, then your queasiness is rather moot.
    Muhammed himself doubted that the messeges he was getting were really from God. His wife and another relative had to convince him to keep it up.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 16:59
    Whodey posted it as evidence that evolution was wrong.

But there are people who believe that sort of thing. Dasa for example.
    As a side issue of interest, do you think that me believing in a God is as irrational as Whodey believing that ancient man had nuclear power?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 17:03
    Originally posted by sonship
    Muhammed himself doubted that the messeges he was getting were really from God. His wife and another relative had to convince him to keep it up.
    It remains the case that if Islam is in fact the true revelation of God to mankind, then lopping of the heads of Quran burners, might be the correct course of action.
    That Christians do not apparently believe Bible burning is deserving of decapitation tells us nothing about the validity of their beliefs.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 17:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    To be fair, Christians don't try to lop off your head if you burn a Bible, or so much as sneeze on it.

Islam, on the other hand, has made the Quran an idol to be worshipped 24/7.
    But *some* here have shown a tendency to "worship the Bible as a God". Especially one who hasn't posted here in a while.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 17:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    All good points, thanks.

To be clear I'm not about to start attacking the bible in some way. I agree with you all.

Must be a bit of a first.
    I imagine one cannot be Christian or Jew and claim the Bible to be "fake" or "unholy". It does seem at odds.

But humans are strange critters. I imagine maybe *some* could, but they must be from some fringe sect.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 17:30
    Muslims actually believe what they say they believe, unlike you who is well known for posting utter nonsense that you don't believe. I am still waiting for for you to confirm that you believe humans had nuclear power millions of years ago.
    Painting with a rather broad brush, there, aren't you?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 17:35
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Well said, God thinks very highly of his word. Just pondering that verse where he has "magnified it above all his name" is something to think about.
    [b]2 Peter 1:20-21
    knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the H ...[text shortened]... s, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    NKJV
    [/b]
    Because it is God's main way of penetrating our fog and the world at large to get inside every man. It has to be "holy" to get through.

Now to the "naysayers", I'm not saying it will be successful in penetrating the fog of every man. Yes, we still have free will. 🙂
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 22:09
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    2 Tim 3:16-17
    All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, ....
    [/b]
    Oh ... OK then.
    That has cleared that up!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 01:321 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Maybe so, although I am not sure which verses of the Holy Quran you are referring to. As some people say, the Lord works in mysterious ways.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 01:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I imagine one cannot be Christian or Jew and claim the Bible to be "fake" or "unholy". It does seem at odds.

But humans are strange critters. I imagine maybe *some* could, but they must be from some fringe sect.
    What do you make of josephw's contention that while the Bible contains the "Word of God", the writers were not inspired by God?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 01:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But *some* here have shown a tendency to "worship the Bible as a God". Especially one who hasn't posted here in a while.
    Who are you talking about?
  15. St. Peter's
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 02:34
    It's always been my experience that people who lack a real depth of understanding of the sacred writings often add "holy" as a descriptive crutch or rather as a way to legitimize their perspectives by claiming a certain "authority"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree