1. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 14:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And I repeat that this is not the normal every day usage of the word 'fool'. So what is the real purpose of redefining the word? It seems to me that you think it enables you to labels someone you don't like with a distasteful label that doesn't actually fit.
    So I could for example say: The doctrine of the Invisible Unicorn states that stupid people are those that quote the Bible.
    Therefore Grampy Bobby is a stupid person.
    I say, steady on!

Debating the merits and authenticity of the bible and its interpretation by others is one thing, but you musn't trifle with the sanctity of the doctrine of the Invisible Unicorn willy-nilly!
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 14:32
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I am afraid you have just identified yourself as a fool in the space of a single post.

Atheists generally do not say "there is no god". They say "it is highly unlikely that there is a god". And that really is what many of them (myself included) truly believe.

So you are slandering atheists. Which makes you a fool by your definition.

--- Penguin.
    "I am afraid you have just identified yourself as a fool in the space of a single post." (---Penguin)

...... hardly my words, ---Penguin.

Check, again.

lol
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 14:35
    And I repeat that this is not the normal every day usage of the word 'fool'. So what is the real purpose of redefining the word? It seems to me that you think it enables you to labels someone you don't like with a distasteful label that doesn't actually fit.
    So I could for example say: The doctrine of the Invisible Unicorn states that stupid people are those that quote the Bible.
    Therefore Grampy Bobby is a stupid person.
    Why even bother with a stupid person ¿
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 14:461 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Atheists generally do not say "there is no god". They say "it is highly unlikely that there is a god".
    This may be true of many of the atheists here, or even the ones you know. However it is not true of the "fool". A "fool" who says (in his heart) ""there is no God, is not necessarily an atheist, although very well could be. These passages speak of a spiritual position not a cognitive one.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 14:50
    Originally posted by neilarini
    I say, steady on!

Debating the merits and authenticity of the bible and its interpretation by others is one thing, but you musn't trifle with the sanctity of the doctrine of the Invisible Unicorn willy-nilly!
    Unicorn feet, according to my ex, tinct... .. .
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 14:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This may be true of many of the atheists here, or even the ones you know. However it is not true of the "fool". A "fool" who says (in his heart) ""there is no God, is not necessarily an atheist, although very well could be. These passages speak of a spiritual position not a cognitive one.
    !
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 15:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why even bother with a stupid person ¿
    Do you see the point now? I defined 'stupid' differently, but you interpreted it with the dictionary definition. This kind of deliberate misuse of words with the deliberate intention of being misinterpreted is dishonest on your part.
    Why do I bother? Maybe I hope that you will see your dishonesty, show some shame, and stop it.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 15:22
    Originally posted by neilarini
    I say, steady on!

Luckily, I am not a unicornist and you don't know where I live.
    I believe your religion arose from a misunderstanding of the invisible pink unicorns that live in my fridge. They are neither holy, nor to be worshiped. And leave rather annoying foot prints in the butter 🙁
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 16:06
    Do you see the point now? I defined 'stupid' differently, but you interpreted it with the dictionary definition. This kind of deliberate misuse of words with the deliberate intention of being misinterpreted is dishonest on your part.
    Why do I bother? Maybe I hope that you will see your dishonesty, show some shame, and stop it.
    ..... same def.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 18:24

Luckily, I am not a unicornist and you don't know where I live.
    I believe your religion arose from a misunderstanding of the invisible pink unicorns that live in my fridge. They are neither holy, nor to be worshiped. And leave rather annoying foot prints in the butter 🙁
    What does the unicornist religion hold to be the truth?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 19:07
    What does the unicornist religion hold to be the truth?
    I a not certain (not being one myself) but neilarini tells me that not trifling with the sanctity of the doctrine of the Invisible Unicorn willy-nilly is important. Although he too may not be a member of that religion.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 05:421 edit
    I a not certain (not being one myself) but neilarini tells me that not trifling with the sanctity of the doctrine of the Invisible Unicorn willy-nilly is important. Although he too may not be a member of that religion.
    That one (that is a member) may also be a fool.

The Instructor
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 07:46
    "I am afraid you have just identified yourself as a fool in the space of a single post." (---Penguin)

...... hardly my words, ---Penguin.

Check, again.

lol
    Surely somebody who quoteth a fool in order to slander those whose beliefs differ from His/Hers must also don the dunces hat.

Lol
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 14:48
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Surely somebody who quoteth a fool in order to slander those whose beliefs differ from His/Hers must also don the dunces hat.

Lol
    Pettiness doesn't become any human being. Unresolved issues of an intensely personal nature usually underlie such behavior. Nobody succeeds in building their happiness on the unhappiness of others, now or ever.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 14:53
    B. THE FOOL HAS SLANDEROUS WORDS---Proverbs 10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

* To slander someone is to make accusation against them without verifying that it’s true.

D. THE FOOL HAS SWIFT WORDS---Proverbs 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

* A fool talks without considering a matter first.

* Prov. 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

http://www.jdarrenduncanministries.com/outlines/How_A_Wise_Man_Spots_A_Fool.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree